• Nah

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Needs work (explain)

Votes: 9 37.5%

• Total voters

blazeykat

Golem
magmaeater.png

The underworld terror would be a hardmode worm boss that is damaged upon the attacking its crystals. Hitting it anywhere else heals him.
To summon him you would need the magmatic flute,to make that need 20 hallowed bars, 5 hellstone bars and 10 of each mechanical soul. It is made at a mythril anvil and has unlimited uses. It can only be spawned in the underworld
It has 140000/180000 max health, 100/400 head damage, 50/200 body damage,15/125 tail damage, no head defence and 20 body and tail defence. It's style is similar to the destroyer, but you must destroy the crystals to kill it. Destroying all the crystals defeats the boss. In expert mode it releases flames upon destruction
Expert mode: Molten guard: 5 defence
A molten crystal rotates around, denying all damage that hits it

25-60: Fire plates: can make some armour, some weapons and accessories
Magma runners: infinite lava waders.

Plates make:
Magmatic Armor: 15 plates each piece
Defence: 15, 24, 12
Set bonus: inflicts flames on attack

Furious stabber: stronger Arkhalis with a projectile.

Last edited:
In the pinned suggestion help thread, a major tip is that your idea should bond well with Terraria. Most of the content must be directly accessed from items already in Terraria. You have introduced 3 new enemies which are not only carbon copies of other enemies already in the game, but have no purpose beyond dropping 3 items needed to craft a boss summoner. These items and enemies are nothing but clutter and detract from a fluid gameplay experience; not only that, but the fact that everything needed to summon the boss is seperate from the vanilla game almost makes your idea seem more like a mod than an addition to Terraria.

Regarding the boss itself: What makes your boss unique? Do we need another worm boss? Is it fun to fight this boss? This boss spawns annoying flying enemies (yet another carbon copy of a vanilla enemy) which will distract the player from the fight and conceivably make them feel a death is more from the game overwhelming them than their own error. Not only that but the boss itself is just a clone of the EoW.

The expert mode drop is a combination of the flesh knuckles and magma stone items. All expert mode items do something unique that is either impossible to get elsewhere (like the demon heart) or enhances the player's abilities (like the shield of cthulu). The Molten Guard does not match this trend.

I should also mention that containing a large part of your suggestion in another thread is generally confusing and likely to detract many from considering your ideas. I would recommend you fully complete a suggestion before presenting it.

Since Lord Gook already said all the good points, all I can say is read his post over ten times and listen to it, because there is some mighty fine advise in that post

In the pinned suggestion help thread, a major tip is that your idea should bond well with Terraria. Most of the content must be directly accessed from items already in Terraria. You have introduced 3 new enemies which are not only carbon copies of other enemies already in the game, but have no purpose beyond dropping 3 items needed to craft a boss summoner. These items and enemies are nothing but clutter and detract from a fluid gameplay experience; not only that, but the fact that everything needed to summon the boss is seperate from the vanilla game almost makes your idea seem more like a mod than an addition to Terraria.

Regarding the boss itself: What makes your boss unique? Do we need another worm boss? Is it fun to fight this boss? This boss spawns annoying flying enemies (yet another carbon copy of a vanilla enemy) which will distract the player from the fight and conceivably make them feel a death is more from the game overwhelming them than their own error. Not only that but the boss itself is just a clone of the EoW.

The expert mode drop is a combination of the flesh knuckles and magma stone items. All expert mode items do something unique that is either impossible to get elsewhere (like the demon heart) or enhances the player's abilities (like the shield of cthulu). The Molten Guard does not match this trend.

I should also mention that containing a large part of your suggestion in another thread is generally confusing and likely to detract many from considering your ideas. I would recommend you fully complete a suggestion before presenting it.
OK I'll try and fix it from what you said.
Expert mode item: leaves a trail of fire
Summoning item recipe: 20 Hallowed Bars. 5 Hellstone bars (i made it a small number because hellstone farming is painful)
NPC unlock. You don't get it from him. I might do it in another thread, but because that's a different idea
Boss fighting: I'm not good at making the stats, but
  • No flying enemies. If it had to be replaced, leaves a flame trail. If not, good.
  • Less health, defense and damage,
  • [Still trying to think how it could be fun and unique, maybe more speed, but that would be annoying. Oh and about the "fun to fight.", Duke Fishron]

Summoning item recipe: 20 Hallowed Bars. 5 Hellstone bars (i made it a small number because hellstone farming is painful)
NPC unlock. You don't get it from him. I might do it in another thread, but because that's a different idea
  • No flying enemies. If it had to be replaced, leaves a flame trail. If not, good.
  • [Still trying to think how it could be fun and unique, maybe more speed, but that would be annoying. Oh and about the "fun to fight.", Duke Fishron]
even with the changes I'm not sure I can agree with the idea. the expert mode item, is pretty unique so I will give you that. The summoning recipe is weird, because you have to beat a mechanical boss for it (this isn't Calamity mod, it's vanilla Terraria). Finally, if you are having trouble thinking of how to make the boss unique, just look at other bosses and what they do, then don't do that.

I really enjoy your new expert mode item and if the flame trails spawned in individual segments which released an explosion of heat when they were touched by an enemy, it would conceivably be useful similar to the spore sack.

Duke Fishron is my favorite boss in the game. It constantly keeps the pressure on and behaves in predictable patterns which force the player to depend on skill at keeping momentum and aim up rather than luck.

I really enjoy your new expert mode item and if the flame trails spawned in individual segments which released an explosion of heat when they were touched by an enemy, it would conceivably be useful similar to the spore sack.
Yeah, that does sound pretty good
Duke Fishron is my favorite boss in the game. It constantly keeps the pressure on and behaves in predictable patterns which force the player to depend on skill at keeping momentum and aim up rather than luck.
Sorry, it was just my opinion, as the sharknados limit where you can go and he has 3 stages
[doublepost=1505287064,1505286748][/doublepost]
The summoning recipe is weird, because you have to beat a mechanical boss for it (this isn't Calamity mod, it's vanilla Terraria).
Oh yeah

5 souls of fright, 5 souls of might and 5 souls of sight instead of hallowed bars.

id say change summoning item, multiple phases, and lots of projectiles, as well as more weapon drops, and more craftables from the magma plates

id say change summoning item, multiple phases, and lots of projectiles, as well as more weapon drops, and more craftables from the magma plates
Lots of projectiles would be annoying, i like the summoning item, planning on more drops and another phase in expert mode maybe

i see a problem with him healing if you hit him anywhere else, how would infinite peircing weapons work (rainbow gun, last prism, ect)

Update: new content i guess.

I am working on a sprite for boss, then it’s loot and stuff

when i say it heals him, i mean it heals him for the exact amount of damage he took, so it negates body damage.

I might make it post plantera instead

I am also working on a second phase, suggested by @Devourer of Gods, but no projectile spam

Update 2:
magmaeater.png

Last edited:
i am going to make a more updated thread for this suggestion, aswell as learn modding so i can insert it into the game to show how it will work. i will try and have this thread locked once the new thread is made.

EDIT: migth as well keep you updated on the progress.

Last edited:
lol, sorry this pretty :red:ty idea, made it when i was p young and had no idea what made games fun

Last edited:
I think that the Wall of Flesh is enough terror for the Underworld. We don't need a second Hell boss, and we don't need a third Worm boss.
And there's already a good boss to defeat when you killed the mechanical bosses, if you didn't kill it before them: the Queen Slime. So, no support.

I think that the Wall of Flesh is enough terror for the Underworld. We don't need a second Hell boss, and we don't need a third Worm boss.
And there's already a good boss to defeat when you killed the mechanical bosses, if you didn't kill it before them: the Queen Slime. So, no support.
the idea was conceived around before queen slime was even known that it'd exist, but yeah rest is fair

Back
Top Bottom