NPCs & Enemies boss idea

butterflypixie

The Destroyer
(quick note I think this is where you post boss ideas srry if I got that wrong)

seen as the ocean has no pre hardmode boss as I am writing I was thinking of some form of sea snake for a boss

Boss (I currently have no sprite for him)

upload_2019-5-19_16-16-53.png
(spawn item found in the ocean after EoC has been defeated 1 per world)

when spawn item is destroyed message the tides murmur is shown on screen followed by Mungand has awoken 2 seconds later

boss max health 5500/7000
def 10/12
immune to KB poison and venom

attacks:
when summoned Mungand rises up from the bottom of the screen and lifts its head up before spitting poison into the air for the rest of the fight poison will rain down the poison rains similar to the santa-NK1 second phase attack although they do not pass through blocks they deal 10/15 contact damage and inflict poison debuff/venom debuff for 4 seconds he will also swim around the ocean dealing 10/15 contact damage to the player he will occasionally (every 6/4 seconds) pop his head up and grab the player dragging them into the ocean

Mungands 2nd phase (when below 3000/5000 health) reveals his sharp fangs where he lunges towards the player every 2/1 second dealing 20/30 contact damage however it is easily dodged by jumping for all of this stage his upper body is above water also during this phase his defence is raised by 2/4

Mungands 3rd phase (below 1000/17500) mungands poison debuff/venom debufflasts 2/2 seconds longer and he starts to swim in the sky during this stage he can go through blocks and acts like a wyvern he also deals 15/20 contact damage and charges the enemy dealing 20/40 melee damage

when below (2000/3500) mungand gets immunity to all debuffs

drops
at least 1 of these 3 will spawn
serpent wand
upload_2019-5-19_17-20-10.png

shoots a snake projectile that pierces 3 enemies inflicting 1 second of poison
deals 20 magic damage
consumes 20 mana
30 use time
velocity 10.5
tooltip: is it alive?

snakegun
upload_2019-5-19_17-41-46.png

shoots a blob of poison that deals 25 magic damage and inflicts 2 seconds of poison
consumes 20 mana
32 use time
velocity 20
tooltip: just make sure it doesnt touch you

serpent flail
lunges forward and attacks with mungands wrath
deals 26 melee damage
25 use time
tooltip: lunge at your enemies

treasure bag

drops expert exclusive item the snake fang

snake fang
deals 38 melee damage and inflicts poison debuff to enemies for 2 seconds
use time 10
tooltip: ripped straight from the beasts mouth

(this post is a WIP and will be finished soon tell me what you think so far thanks) help it wont let me post anymore imageso_O

Last edited:
Let me know when you finish it. As a future tip, its easier to post things fully so people can rate your entire idea. You then change it a bit based in what people say.

Anyway, I like it so far.
ye thanks it was just I started making it and didn't realise the time so I had to quick post it

Don’t see why not, sea snake is a interesting idea.
Also maybe he drops a snake flail?
I like that rn I don't have time to make a sprite but ill add it to the drops

Back
Top Bottom