NPCs & Enemies Boss Spawn Satellite

Nakano15

Terrarian
For certain bosses in the game, after they are killed at least once, they will no longer normally spawn in your world.

What if there were furnitures, that when turned on, will allow specific bosses to try spawning during the nights on your world?
That's where this idea comes, you can create the satellites off materials acquired from the boss in question, plus a few items on the map,
and then place it on your world, and right click it to activate the random boss spawning.

When the satellite is active, let's use for example the Eye of Cthulhu Satellite, EoC has about It's 1/3 chance of spawning, right? then what about 1/7 chance of spawning in the world, after the night begins, and no other boss you haven't defeated yet is about to spawn (and maybe possibly avoid spawning the boss if another one from another satellite is about to spawn too (unless you want to add a satellite to allow bosses attacking the player)).

Not all bosses can have a satellite, though, due to certain requirements, or maybe there may even have a satellite for it, but It will only spawn the boss for players that are on the condition necessary for them to spawn (Ex:. Duke Fishron will only spawn if there is a player on the beach), otherwise the boss wont spawn (Even if the condition for spawning the boss isn't met, the game could still tell that the boss is about to spawn, in case some player wants to face it).

If you are interested into expanding this idea, moon events could also have a satellite, plus a chance of starting by a chance when the night ends. But differently from the bosses, the event should have a warning about 1~2 hours before the night begins, to make the players ready for the battle.

As for the chances of the boss spawn, they can be individual (each boss has their spawn chance), or be shared (all bosses will have the same spawn chance, but the game will decide later which one will spawn). I think that being shared is actually nice, since means each satellite has the same chance of spawning a boss, but you decide.

Please don't make this be a end game feature, by the way. And the satellite should only give the chance of spawning the boss, If it was previously defeated in the world.

Oooohhh, this reminds me of early, early Dreadwing from Starbound and now I'm really sad.
I think this idea would be really cool; it beats having to craft Summon Items over and over, even if the spawn chance is random. Also, bias over the penguin.
IMG_0872.jpg

Hello :)

I found this thread when looking for mod to enable random bosses spawn. Basically, I agree with most of the stuff that Nakano15 wrote above :)

Let's wrap it up how it can be done:

- It may be a furniture/device/option in menu/mod to turn random boss spawn,
- User may have option to configure how many bosses can be spawned (so chance can be shared by all bosses or every boss has its own "chance slot", possible to fight i.e. naturally spawned Eye of Ctuhulu and Skeletron at once),
- Also there can be an option to decide if chances for natural spawn should increase with the time being or remain unchanged, let say on default game level,
- After receiving message about incoming boss spawn (like "You feel an evil presence watching you..."), user should be able to manually summon given boss if wish to fight with two bosses of one kind at once. Personally I loved such solution when it was not blocked (fighting two Destroyers or Quadruplets, Four Twins, was very enjoyable!)
- Bosses should be adequate to the present stage of the game; better to avoid situation when i.e. Twins will be summoned in PreHardmode (not because they can kill you, but because is hard to kill them with pre-Hardmode weapon before dawn), but should occur when some of "standard" conditions are meet (like 200 HP for Eye of Ctuhulu or defeated Wall of Flesh for Mechanical Bosses),
- Wall of Flesh should be naturally spawned once defeated first time (so random spawn will occur only in Hardmode) and maybe without sacrificing Guide (I like this guy and I dislike killing him in order to awake WoF, similar with Clothier and Skeletron),
- Biome dependent bosses should give an impending spawn warning before entering boss specific area i.e. Corruption or Hive. Message cloud be like "Hornets are more active than usual..." or, in case of Brain of Ctuhulu or Eater of Worlds should be two subsequent messages ("A horrible chill goes down your spine..." and "Scream echo around you..."),
- Message about incoming boss spawn should appear at dusk (for nocturnal bosses) or anytime for biome-specific bosses and reset after dawn for nocturnal ones or half day for biome dependent ones respectively. Random spawn should be some kind of "reward", thus one should be prepared for fight anytime. If somebody want to spawn boss in condition he/she/they want, we have simple summon items,
- Bosses natural spawn should be, by default, not be restricted by events, it cloud happen when Invasion, Solar Eclipse or any Moon event is active (such situation like "The Blood Moon is raising..." and "It is going to be a terrible night..." should occur),
- But should be restricted by default by player current whereabouts i.e. being in hell, caverns or underground will not spawn nocturnal bosses, but if in range of Jungle or Corrupted/Crimsoned areas a biome-dependent boss may still spawn. Furthermore, user should have an option to allow spawn nocturnal bosses anywhere (on his/her/they own risk although).

If anybody think that I missed something or have another idea or want to modify any point, please share your thoughts :)
Also, where is Petition Commission where we can lay our proposition or maybe some eager modders that are able to create such mod?

"Please don't make this be a end game feature, by the way." wrote Nakano15. Well, personally I think that sooner or later they need to finish active developing; if you are doing one thing for too long, it may be not as productive and fruitful as it was once. I imagine that even if they are love to develop this game they want to try something else, even if it will be not so fun like predecessor or not so popular.
But I also think that modding may expand life of this game far beyond developer expectations. Yrimir said once something like that games are not getting old, just boring and I agree with this. We are playing in 2D game that my girlfriend describe as an Atari times one, but we like this game so much that in 2020, nine years after release, we are still writing idea about expanding and developing this game further.

Terraria may be a finished project for developer. As long as there are active modders and players enjoying the game, it will live long :)

"Please don't make this be a end game feature, by the way." wrote Nakano15. Well, personally I think that sooner or later they need to finish active developing; if you are doing one thing for too long, it may be not as productive and fruitful as it was once. I imagine that even if they are love to develop this game they want to try something else, even if it will be not so fun like predecessor or not so popular.
What he meant by "end game feature" is that it shouldn't be obtained once you defeat moon lord, but much earlier.

Also, 1.4 is still in development. You can't dismiss every suggestion you see as mod material just yet.

Hello :)

I found this thread when looking for mod to enable random bosses spawn. Basically, I agree with most of the stuff that Nakano15 wrote above :)

Let's wrap it up how it can be done:

- It may be a furniture/device/option in menu/mod to turn random boss spawn,
- User may have option to configure how many bosses can be spawned (so chance can be shared by all bosses or every boss has its own "chance slot", possible to fight i.e. naturally spawned Eye of Ctuhulu and Skeletron at once),
- Also there can be an option to decide if chances for natural spawn should increase with the time being or remain unchanged, let say on default game level,
- After receiving message about incoming boss spawn (like "You feel an evil presence watching you..."), user should be able to manually summon given boss if wish to fight with two bosses of one kind at once. Personally I loved such solution when it was not blocked (fighting two Destroyers or Quadruplets, Four Twins, was very enjoyable!)
- Bosses should be adequate to the present stage of the game; better to avoid situation when i.e. Twins will be summoned in PreHardmode (not because they can kill you, but because is hard to kill them with pre-Hardmode weapon before dawn), but should occur when some of "standard" conditions are meet (like 200 HP for Eye of Ctuhulu or defeated Wall of Flesh for Mechanical Bosses),
- Wall of Flesh should be naturally spawned once defeated first time (so random spawn will occur only in Hardmode) and maybe without sacrificing Guide (I like this guy and I dislike killing him in order to awake WoF, similar with Clothier and Skeletron),
- Biome dependent bosses should give an impending spawn warning before entering boss specific area i.e. Corruption or Hive. Message cloud be like "Hornets are more active than usual..." or, in case of Brain of Ctuhulu or Eater of Worlds should be two subsequent messages ("A horrible chill goes down your spine..." and "Scream echo around you..."),
- Message about incoming boss spawn should appear at dusk (for nocturnal bosses) or anytime for biome-specific bosses and reset after dawn for nocturnal ones or half day for biome dependent ones respectively. Random spawn should be some kind of "reward", thus one should be prepared for fight anytime. If somebody want to spawn boss in condition he/she/they want, we have simple summon items,
- Bosses natural spawn should be, by default, not be restricted by events, it cloud happen when Invasion, Solar Eclipse or any Moon event is active (such situation like "The Blood Moon is raising..." and "It is going to be a terrible night..." should occur),
- But should be restricted by default by player current whereabouts i.e. being in hell, caverns or underground will not spawn nocturnal bosses, but if in range of Jungle or Corrupted/Crimsoned areas a biome-dependent boss may still spawn. Furthermore, user should have an option to allow spawn nocturnal bosses anywhere (on his/her/they own risk although).

If anybody think that I missed something or have another idea or want to modify any point, please share your thoughts :)
Also, where is Petition Commission where we can lay our proposition or maybe some eager modders that are able to create such mod?

But I also think that modding may expand life of this game far beyond developer expectations. Yrimir said once something like that games are not getting old, just boring and I agree with this. We are playing in 2D game that my girlfriend describe as an Atari times one, but we like this game so much that in 2020, nine years after release, we are still writing idea about expanding and developing this game further.

Terraria may be a finished project for developer. As long as there are active modders and players enjoying the game, it will live long :)
You completelly destroyed my suggestion. :(

Is this the Omega Derpling that Omega Storm Driver mentioned about?

And my bad, Omega Derpling and everybody else, I made a mistake there. Of course he mentioned about it as an endgame feature! For some reason I understood it as a Endgame Feature (Journey End), update 1.4, that existence I learned few days ago.

And I did not want to write it on the way that it sounded like dismissing post. It was not my intention to do. Nor I wanted to "completelly destroy Nakano15 suggestion" ;-; - I am humble discarding my idea! And, Nakano15, please accept my sincerely apologizes. :|

Is this the Omega Derpling that Omega Storm Driver mentioned about?

And my bad, Omega Derpling and everybody else, I made a mistake there. Of course he mentioned about it as an endgame feature! For some reason I understood it as a Endgame Feature (Journey End), update 1.4, that existence I learned few days ago.

And I did not want to write it on the way that it sounded like dismissing post. It was not my intention to do. Nor I wanted to "completelly destroy Nakano15 suggestion" ;-; - I am humble discarding my idea! And, Nakano15, please accept my sincerely apologizes. :|
Uh... Alright.

Aside from a similar name, this thread has nothing to do with yours in terms of content. Please do not advertise your own suggestions in this manner.
My post was just a joke, because both posts have very similar names, nothing serious (i knew you'd do this, but i don't mean to offend anybody or start a conflict)

My post was just a joke, because both posts have very similar names, nothing serious (i knew you'd do this, but i don't mean to offend anybody or start a conflict)
I understand it wasn't malicious, but you were advertising your thread which is against the rules. I suggest that next time if you knew that it'd be removed by staff that you don't do it at all. If you'd like to discuss more, feel free to shoot me a DM, but for now this is getting off topic.

Back
Top Bottom