Bosses - Easiest to Hardest

Alright, time to revisit things now that they've been updated. 1.4.4 actually changed quite a few bosses, so that'll be interesting... Keep in mind these are pretty early impressions though.

I will be ranking in expert mode when possible, but some bosses are not fightable in expert (either being old gen or... something else ;)), and I don't make arenas for any bosses that don't need to be fought underground.

1. Lepus: ohmaigosh literal slime ai with 50 damage in the mode where defense actually matters! :eek: (you are supposed to fight this in post skeletron right? not like it changes anything either way, it's not like this thing can actually put up much of a fight even pre boss besides being tanky, who cares that it infinitely clones itself? they're just slimes and you only have one target that you HAVE to kill, this is assuming you even let the eggs live (you won't). This is the platform with pre boss meteorite gear btw)
  2. King Slime: The Walking Simulator himself. He was actually nerfed in this patch as slimes are much less common while he's alive now, so unfortunately his difficulty has taken a bit of a hit when it wasn't anything above trivial already. Notoriously easy for good reason...
  3. Turkor: This... this is just a glorified invasion event with harpies. Who cares lol.
  4. Skeletron Prime: This boss is very nice and respectful when you are communicating through body language that you would not like to be approached. Unfortunately, this renders quite literally every tool he has worthless except for a pitiful laser that's an objectively easier to dodge version of another boss that wasn't exactly difficult to begin with. I feel about as threatened by this guy as the wad of aluminum foil taped to three pipe cleaners and a laser pointer I made in my high school freshman year during lunch.
  5. Destroyer: "Haha hehe" dies in seconds to half the weapons you have access to cutely.
  6. Eater of Worlds: So long as you don't fight him underground, there's basically nothing to worry about here. Moving on.
  7. Ocram: can't wait to get raged at for placing him so low, ohhhhh boy. Yeah uh no. Come on, this is the platform that doesn't have expert mode. This is the platform where Titanium Armor hasn't been nerfed yet. Lasers are just as weak to
    1664666605742.png
    as twins's are... assuming they fire towards you because his targeting outright fails if you're anywhere but directly below him. And his dashes are the most pitiful out of every boss in the game if you include current ones. Nothing new to dodge, especially when compared to the much faster EoC dashes in prehardmode on PC. The servants may as well not exist... and the demon scythes are utterly effortless to dodge too because not only are they fundamentally broken like the lasers are, they literally are stationary for ages and give you ample time to just move out of the way. And again, do I even have to reiterate that pre-nerf titanium armor is on this version? Or that Pre-nerf Chlorophyte Shotbow is on this version? Or that heart arrows are on this version? or that this version doesn't even have any difficulty settings above Normal Mode? Any defense of this boss, difficulty or design wise, has no bases to it and is either a result of self imposed restrictions which can be basically disregarded for the purposes of an actual everyday playthrough, lack of game knowledge, or simply just the allowance of rose tinted lenses or nostalgia to cloud their judgement.
    • Side Note: I actually own the 3DS version and even used to duplicate his summoning items so I could farm the hell out of this guy. He wasn't hard the first time I fought him all those years ago and he certainly hasn't held up to the actual challenges of modern terraria which have been introduced over the years. And I don't even play mods anymore, I haven't even practiced any of those more extreme challenges which put vanilla to shame either.
  8. Skeletron: oh no this boss has actual attacks now, I can't believe they changed him so much from normal- wait I can just circle this.
  9. Lunatic Cultist: not buffed enough.
  10. Eye of Cthulhu: Fairly easy for 95% of the fight until last second where it chains dashes together so fast so constantly that you basically just have to be lucky to go without taking any damage. For that reason it gets raised a little higher than the other more trivial bosses below it.
  11. Golem: Fists were buffed and everything else became tankier. Not really gonna get steamrolled anymore but it's still not particularly difficult unfortunately.
  12. Duke Fishron: The fight was significantly extended in length but unfortunately the "hard to learn, trivial to master" aspect of this boss has not changed. Once you get past the panic of being overwhelmed by this guy, unfortunately every attack becomes trivial to dodge (the third phase can literally be avoided by jumping in place with slime mount) to a degree unheard of with other hardmode bosses.
  13. Twins: by far the most difficult mech boss... not like that means much, unfortunately. One of them has some of the slowest and most forgiving projectiles in the game with basically no catch in the first phase followed by one of the most disappointing second phases in the game (you could swap this second phase with eye of cthulhu's and it would be more threatening, and this is a HARDMODE boss, I mean, come on), the other is extremely weak to
    1664664966327.png
  14. Wall of Flesh: Powercreeeeeeep. Hungries are much less deadly late into the fight due to their recent nerf and lasers still barely tickle any character with a basically competent amount of defense (even in expert). Not to mention that a ton of options were buffed so even Melee doesn't particularly struggle against this boss anymore. The main threat is the possibility of him catching up to you now, which isn't... impossible, I guess.
  15. Brain of Cthulhu: First phase is significantly less threatening now, but the second is... eh. For whatever reason it isn't immune to knockback until you get around 4 players in a world or so, so it's quite trivial. ...Is what I would say, provided that they didn't make the illusions genuinely effective in 1.4.4. They become opaque significantly faster and you can't just cheese it with your map anymore, so if you don't have quick reaction time it can trick you into firing the wrong way and getting stunlocked. It's not too difficult to avoid this with a fast firing weapon like Minishark, but you still need to actually throw your guard up this time. The fact that they buffed his health pool doesn't help either.
  16. Queen Slime: was nerfed in almost every way. Still pretty intense but still has the same principle of simply zeroing in on the minions as soon as they spawn to prevent being overwhelmed. Definitely not overnerfed and still a fun somewhat difficult fight I am aware of how unpopular that opinion is.
  17. Deerclops: Pretty nasty part of this fight is that before you realize how his anti-cheese measures work he can be quite overwhelming at times and feel impossible to dodge. Once you figure it out you want to just remain fairly grounded and not get too far from him. Fight is definitely not trivial once you do figure this out though.
  18. Queen Bee: An old friend of mine, I once thought she was one of the most threatening bosses in the game. Silly me forgot to make an arena larger than the inside of the hive, so I guess I just didn't know what I was doing before, still probably my favorite bosses in the game though. Super fun and not nearly as hard as she used to be but still the right amount of difficult.
  19. Plantera: first phase is even more susceptible to the power of circling than Skeletron is, and then the second phase comes in and you want to die and hate everything and wish this boss was removed from the game. The absolutely horrid summon method doesn't help either. Unfortunately this boss isn't fundamentally difficult, just unimaginably bull:red:, and it's not a pleasant experience to say the least.
  20. Empress of Light: Still the best boss in the game, not anything new to add that hasn't been said before. I particularly like that you can't cheese her with hallowed armor anymore though.
  21. Moon Lord: Almost tolerable first phase followed by one of the worst fights in the entire game in the second phase. Unfortunately wasn't fixed. I sure do love when kiting is a requirement (god why)
  22. ???: You finally reached the mechs in the Zenith seed, the one for the best of the best added in 1.4.4! But wait, what's that, you can't fight them yet and the summons are materials? Strange... Guide says they're used to make something called "Ocram's Razor", interesting. Tooltip says "Summons ???" and "You really shouldn't"...
    I summoned it
    I shouldn't have.
    This... abberation should never have been allowed on my screen.
    it doesn't deserve it.
    Everything about this boss is absolute bull:red: hell that makes you want to uninstall the game. Not spoiling what it's called because it's part of the new update, but... why??? who allowed this in a seed where for the worthy was involved of all things????????

btw i am going to do the zenith seed solo since what happened last time i went afk in that world it is was covered in shimmer
the order i am going to fight them is
1 king slime
2 eye
3 brain
4 eater of worlds
5 skellie boi
6 queen bee
7 wall of flesh
8 twins
9 the destroyer
10 skeletron prime
11 plantera
12 queen slime
13 golem
14 emprise of light
15 duke fishron
16 ???
17 the cultic guardian
18 moon lord
wish me luck guys!

Last edited:
Warning: by reading this you acknowledge that you will be reading a book tonight, as this is quite long.

Aight, figured I should make a few of my explanations a bit better and longer, as some of these are only 1 sentence. EOL wont be ranked cause I haven't threw hands with her yet, but everyone else is fair game. Also bosses are from an expert mode perspective. Les go

16. King Slime. Who'd you expect to be down here, easily the weakest boss in the game. The spiked slimes can be real annoying sometimes, and the absurd amount of slimes he spawns might be overwhelming to some, but come on this boss dies to a snowball cannon and WOOD armor. He doesn't deal nearly enough damage, not to mention rope cheese still hasn't been patched as far as I'm aware, as his teleport can't reach you if your rope is high enough. The only way this could be tough is if you're a Summoner, but, c'mon, early game summoner is weak against everything.

15. Lunatic Cultist. This is the easiest late game fight ever made, his attacks are mad easy to dodge, the punish for not hitting the right cultist is incredibly forgiving, only spawning a wyvern clone and some extra cultists, and his damage is trivial at best for all but Mages, but they take big damage from everything. When you're ranked right next to the first boss, you know something is up.

14. The Destroyer. Easiest mech fight, even with the nerf Holy Arrows + Daedalus Stormbow is still absurdly good, the crystal shard staff that also drops from hollowed mimics is also amazing against this boss, most Melee builds are tanky enough to sit near the destroyer with any half decent sword and kill it, and if not they can use a yo-yo and while this will take significantly longer, it's not a difficult process. Summoners usually are bad against this guy but since 1.4 we have WHIPS! So this guy dies to the Cool Whip with great speed. This boss is a joke, and I haven't even mentioned the fact that cheesing this boss is easier than cheesing 1.3 Moon Lord, if you frequently die to this boss you are either a terraria NPC or you have a genuine skill issue.

13. Eater of Worlds. Jester Arrows give this man nightmares, Light's bane is mad good against this man, this boss is a JOKE with the Vilethorn, and you have access to good whips now like the Snapthorn so not even Summoners will have issues with him. I'm sure this boss has Pungophobia, anything that can pierce makes this boss absurdly easy, this boss is why I play corruption, and why you should too. AND he drops the worm scarf! (Pungophobia is the fear of being stabbed btw, closest match i could find to being pierced.)

12. Queen Bee. I can never tell if this boss is meant to be pre or post skeletron because its drops are super powerful, yet the boss is trivially easy. All she does is dash and :red: bees, both of which being easy to dodge or destroy respectively, If you want to fight her pre skeletron then Melee gets the Amazon or Thorn Chakram, Ranger has the Demon Bow or if you hate yourself, the Tendon Bow OR if you like grinding you have the Minishark, Mage can kill her with the space gun and the Meteor Armor, and summoners have the Snapthorn, and if you want to fight this post skeletron EVERY dungeon weapon makes this boss super easy. Just don't bring her to the surface, or she will lose her :red: and decimate you.

11. Eye of Cthulu. I love this man so much, but he is still not a challenge. His dash can be quite brutal for early game though, and in most cases he does outspeed you, but everything can kill him. Ore bows, enchanted boomerangs, Gem staves, oh my! Summoners will be the only class that can frequently die to this boss as you don't have access to great whips or summons. He might kill you once or twice on any other class, but he is still mad easy to kill.

10. Skeletron Prime. Never had much a challenge with him, at the stage where you fight him every class has good options against him, Melee kills with Amarok + Frost Armor (if you don't already use it start running Frost Armor on your next Melee/Ranger playthrough, thank me later.) Ranger has Megashark if you merc'd The Destroyer first or the Uzi if you have god luck, if you have neither Onyx Blaster is the Onyx Blaster, so it will carry you through the fight. Mage has the Crystal Vileshard, Crystal Serpent, hell, you could get away with a LASER GUN. And Summoner has the normal summoner stuff for pre mech boss, you only really have the Cool Whip in terms of direct damage, and Spider Staffs unless you despise yourself and managed to ace The Twins first and get the optic staff and Tier 2 OOA sentrys, but other than that, the boss aint difficult. He does'nt hurt that much and his head spin is far easier to dodge compared to Skeletron not Prime.

9. Wall of Flesh. This boss can either be mad easy or your worst nightmare depending on your class and if you choose to build a runway. Rangers and Mages get a free pass to hardmode, however, Melee and Summoner have a bad time with him, and if you don't build a runway good :red:ing luck traversing hell at high speeds while being chased by leeches, hungry's, and the wall himself.

8. Golem. Wooow, what a glow up for the temple dweller himself! This man used to be rank 10 on this list, little did I know that 1.4 gave my mans some Percs and now he has the power to slay god and I can't stop him. Melee can pray to get past this fight, the ONLY way you live his brick fists is to make a facetank build, Rangers can try the chlorophyte shotbow + chlorophyte arrows, and even then you will die, Mage can pray that the Magnet Sphere works, and if you're a Summoner quit the world. You would be better off making a new playthrough than fighting this sack of bricks.

7. Brain of Cthulu. This boss is why I never play Crimson, he is ROUGH early game, and you need a good arena and proper preparation to deal with him, and if you are Melee pray to your god that you get past this fight and dont quit the world early, and his drops are bad too!

6. Skeletron. By far the hardest pre hardmode fight as every class has issues with him, your best bet for an easy fight is using Ranger and buying a minishark with meteor shot, and even then you'll die a few times.

5. H E A V Y M E T A L P L A N T Plantera. Quite a tough fight without chlorophyte bullets, you need a huge arena and the best weapons you can get your hands on, cant even get away with using hallowed armor & weapons from the previous mech bosses. This is where the bosses start getting really tough.

4. Moon Lord. Yea this is the final boss, of course he is tough. However, every class has really good gear to deal with him, even Melee wont be tearing their hair out with this guy. Still, his difficulty alone puts him here, especially since most cheese methods have been patched.

3. Duke Fishron. Here we are! Top 3, you could interchange any of these 3 candidates and the list would still make sense. The Duke is such a tough fight, his sharknados are perfect for slowing you down when you are already not going much faster than him, even with the best gear available to you he deals stupid damage, and you aren't dealing much damage back. An incredibly well made fight, if not a little too tough.

2. The Twins. Where do I start with Spaz and Ret? Spazmatism is such an absurdly hard boss on his own with his cursed flames, dash attacks, and high damage for the gear you have, and even still Retinazer is providing supporting fire, and while definitely the weaker of the two twins, she can still put up a fight on her own with her laser spam, really well designed and difficult bosses.

1. Queen Slime. Yup. Here we are. Her majesty herself is number one. With this boss they looked back at their attempts at bullet hell with the Lunatic Cultist and said "Yeah, lets do that again, but much better" and poof, Queen Slime. I can never tell if I'm playing Lunatic Touhou or Expert Terraria when fighting this boss, there are too many damn projectiles to survive. The good thing is that you can destroy the turret slimes to lower the projectile count but they come out at such a fast rate you don't have time to fight them and the Queen. Incredibly difficult.

And thats the list!

Last edited:
From a ranged perspective

18. King Slime (Im going to just going to jump over you and shoot jester arrows)

17. Wall of Flesh (Beenade spam intensifies)

16. lunatic cultist (learning to aim again)

15. Destroyer (you all know why... Starcannon wrecks him)

14. deer clops (back and forth under his legs we go!)

13. EOW.. (jester arrows and a demon bow are good enough)

12. Queen Bee (This is the first boss i fight only for beenades, cause you know. Gotta have a stock of those to wreck every body else... Trivially easy, just blow her up)

11. EOC (Not much of a threat.)
10. BOC... (Oh look beenades are super effective! DIE YOU MONSTER!) :red2:

9. Skeletron (star cannon his face in)

8. Prime... (Onyx Blaster is quite good against him, even in master mode)

7. Queen Slime... (She's just like king slime with a new phase and more attacks and minions.)

6. Twins... (I use the highest DPS range weapon i have when i fight these boys.)

5. Plantera... (KILL IT WITH FIRE!)

4. Duke Fishron... (He is straight up ruthless it takes a while to get his pattern down. But if you know what you doing you should take zero damage from the fight. regardless this battle is more about studying your opponent)

3. EOL... (Strategy is Same as fishron memorization and dodging)

2. Moon Lord (GET GOOD BOI)

1. Golem (Im just screwing with you. he's the easiest boss in the game)

Dang why does everyone find golem hard

Dang why do people find Golem hard. All you need to do it break the pressure plates and keep jumping over Golem while attacking. You can beat it with Pre Mech Boss stuff
Fr. I stood still and beat him once. I spawned him and he got stuck and I just stood behind a wall and hit him with the death sickle through the wall till he died

Assuming that you're getting gear in the correct progress for these bosses and fighting them when you should be this is what I believe are the bosses in order of Easiest to Hardest.

King Slime
Eye of Cthulhu
Eater of Worlds
Brain of Cthulhu
Golem
Queen Bee
Wall of Flesh
Skeletron
The Destroyer
Skeletron Prime
Plantera
The Twins
Lunatic Cultist
Duke Fishron

Moon Lord

Put your opinions below.
nah i think wall of flesh is harder than skeletron, since sometimes you're not ready, killed a voodoo demon with full inventory making the doll drop into the lava (happens to me once), sorry if i maybe wrong, new player.

Wow, you guys are like, professionals. I only have a set of platinum armor & tools, and I've only defeated one boss.

My Review on the Eye of Cthulhu:
It's okay I guess unless you're not well prepared. The first stage is relatively simple, and I suggest using the best bow you have with the best arrows you have. The servants can be really annoying because they're fast and hard to aim at with a bow, so quickly switch to a melee weapon to kill them. At the second stage, the EoC only charges at you, and it doesn't spawn servants. When it is spinning, it is most vulnerable, so hit it with a bow or melee weapon to get a good critical strike. You're not gonna survive with no health potions (Normal health potions or higher are suggested).

I'm going to be honest, I'm quite bad at Terraria at the moment.
I kinda over prepared for pre hardmode but I am completely stuck on the mech bosses so I know how u feel.

Last edited:
Opinions changed, so imma update this. I'm ranking this based on when I fought them in the game, just for the record, and also note I shift between melee and magic.
EASIEST

Eye of Cthulhu
He really just charges out you and that's that. If you have an arena with like a few platforms then you can get through Phase I taking no damage at all. The Servants that he spawns are literally ust Demon Eyes, actually they're weaker, so those mean nothing. Once he turns into a mouth and starts charging at you, it still isn't super hard to dodge. Water Bolt made incredibly short work of him and honestly I doubt melee users would have any real issue with him so long as they can wait for him to stop dashing.

King Slime
He spawned randomly for me, and I actually did him before EoC. His massive size can actually make the beginning fairly difficult, but he shrinks over time and the Blue Slimes are useless. Also he can't even go through blocks... lol.

Lepus
Yeah he can make clones of himself but this can be easily prevented. Basically just an event King Slime.

Eater of Worlds
I've only fought them like three times cause I don't really mess with Corrupt but I never had an issue with them. Literally they're just a Giant Worm (and deals pretty much the same amount of damage too...) that can split. And the splitting doesnt even get annoying, cause soon enough they're just a bunch of Eaters of Souls.

Wall of Flesh
Bee Gun

Lunatic Cultist
Clearly, this is just an endgame fight that Re-Logic wanted to be overshadowed by Moon Lord. Very cool attacks, but they're all easy to dodge (except the lightning orb but that deals like four damage anyways).

Turkor
Literally forgot this guy existed since the Thanksgiving "season" in this game is drab as hell, but not being able to move anything but your head is not a great look.

Golem
The head lasers are my 13th reason why but that aside it's pretty easy to clown on Golem. Just remember the fists get faster.

Deerclops
Kind of a pre-hardmode Golem, in that he can't... you know... traverse through tiles. He's easy to dodge but he hits like a truck for the point in the game I fought him which wasn't long after EoC.

Brain of Cthulhu
The beginning can be a bit hard with the onslaught of Creepers but the second phase is pretty simple. Not immune to knockback, and the illusion thing while a cool idea on paper is really innefective in confusing players until he's at like 50 health.

Skeletron
Note that I'm basing this off Normal Mode, if this were one of the harder modes trust me he'd be a lot higher. The hands are annoying as hell but you get the hang of it, as he does pull the hands back before slapping you. Once the hands are gone, which shouldn't take long, the head is pretty easy to avoid.

Queen Bee
Kicking off the top ten hardest, though still not all that difficult. Honestly my biggest problem with her is how hard her stingers are to see. The bee minions are useless but the stingers and poisoning can be a problem. Also, she enrages now, I never noticed that... tf.

Skeletron Prime
You're gonna wanna kill the saw ASAP as it does a :red:ton of damage. Start working on the head after that but still work on the laser and vice. You don't need to worry about the cannon. This is one of the fights that starts incredibly difficult but dwindles into medium difficulty as time goes on... but don't let it go on for too long.

Queen Slime
The other femme royalty, harder than the pre-hardmode one (albeit not by a lot) is - as someone before me had said - Lunatic Cultist done right. She relies on her minions and that combined with those crystals can make it a bit of a bullet hell experience.

The Destroyer
God, why couldn't Vampire Knives come before Plantera... This guy is always in your way and he just does not die. Nimbus Rod and Demon Scythe (two weapons I used here) are definitely helpful to pierce through his three million segments but you'll need to spent a lot of time eating up his lasers. The Probes are also real pests but at least they usually drop hearts.

Ocram
The last six, I have actually died to. He's only on the 3DS version at this point (I think) and I've only battled him twice but gah. The first phase is nothing special but this guy goes insane in Phase II. He spawns like twenty or thirty something of those Death Scythes at once and they do a :red: TON of damage. Bro also just crosses the line with those lasers. If you actually have battled him you know exactly what I mean. Friggen machine gun thing. Also, I treated Duke Fishron as the final boss in 3DS as he's more infamously hard, so I did Golem than Ocram than Duke. So maybe I was slightly unprepared for Ocram, but like I said, this is my experience.

The Twins
I'll preface this by saying, this is among my favorite boss concepts ever (like not just Terraria). Like Ocram the first phase shouldn't give you too much trouble although the projectiles are harder to avoid than you'd expect. You cannot, I repeat you cannot let them transform into their second phases at the same time. Spazmatism will melt you in under ten seconds while his brother is right there shooting you down with utility lasers. Spazmatism's flamethrower is really intense and it gets nightmarishly long once his health is low so I like to get him over with, but honestly Retinazer is a force to be reckoned with on his own, those lasers will easily bombard you.

Moon Lord
The Phantasmal Deathray goes through blocks now!! YAY, FML! Oh you know what else, he can restore health by the thousand. Thing with Moon Lord is he's got a lot of attacks, they all do insane damage, and they all are hard to avoid. Though, this is fitting for a final boss.

Duke Fishron
Yeah no this guy is just crazy... I see him as the actual final boss in 3DS as I said before. He just never lets up with his attacks, you will have absolutely no time to rest. Sharknados will :red: you up, the bubbles are basically Chasers from Cuphead, and idk about everyone else but I can't see :red: in the final phase like I will get actually blind.

Plantera
Is it just me or does she enrage even if you're just close to another biome? Like if you're still in the Jungle but the underground desert or something is nearby. Anyways, I can hardly surprass the first phase without cheesing the fight a bit. The seeds are hard to see but still do substantial damage in repetition, and the spike balls are the ACTUAL bane of my existence. Then second phase comes and it's like four melee hits and you're gone. If you kill a tentacle it's gone for bout fiteen seconds and then boom another five come in. It's ridiculous.

Empress of Light
Still haven't beaten her, technically, I mean I have in multiplayer but I'm not counting that. All I will say is this is not a bullet hell nightmare. It is the bullet hell nightmare. That plus near Destroyer health plus instakills you if you take too long.

Eye of Cthulhu
King Slime
Deerclops
Golem
Eater of Worlds
Brain of Cthulhu
Wall of Flesh
Skeletron
Queen Bee
Queen Slime
The Destroyer
The Twins
Skeletron Prime
Plantera
Luntatic Cultist
Moon Lord
Duke Fishron
Empress of Light(and that's even when I fight her at night)
(I am not putting event bosses in here, because they really aren't bosses per se. They have boss bars, but are just glorified enemies)

Because they fight it for real instead of cheesing it :dryadwink:

Eye of Cthulhu
King Slime
Eater of Worlds
Brain of Cthulhu
Skeletron
Queen Bee
Wall of Flesh
Lunatic Cultist
The Destroyer
Skeletron Prime
Plantera
Twins
Golem
Duke Fishron
Moon Lord
In my opinion, moon lord is easy enough without cheese as long as you don't commit blind and see the laser charge up

Brain of Cthulhu - 5.5
Deerclops - 4.0
Destroyer - 6.0
Duke Fishron - 9.5
Eater of Worlds - 3.5
Empress of Light - 10.0
Eye of Cthulhu - 2.0
Golem - 4.0
King Slime - 1.5
Luntatic Cultist - 5.0
Moon Lord - 7.0
Plantera - 7.5
Queen Bee - 5.0
Queen Slime - 4.0
Skeletron - 4.0
Skeletron Prime - 6.0
Twins - 5.0
Wall of Flesh - 4.5

8. Golem. Wooow, what a glow up for the temple dweller himself! This man used to be rank 10 on this list, little did I know that 1.4 gave my mans some Percs and now he has the power to slay god and I can't stop him. Melee can pray to get past this fight, the ONLY way you live his brick fists is to make a facetank build, Rangers can try the chlorophyte shotbow + chlorophyte arrows, and even then you will die, Mage can pray that the Magnet Sphere works, and if you're a Summoner quit the world. You would be better off making a new playthrough than fighting this sack of bricks.
I don’t know what difficulty you’re on, but melee has terrablade, mage has bat staff, summoner has darvest + morningstar, and ranger has pretty much every launcher in the game at this stage. Also, his fists may do damage but they’re hella easy to dodge; especially since no matter what difficulty you’re one you now have access to a dash. Basically, if you actually did any post-plant content, you won the fight. If you’re on expert-plus you could literally go straight to this fight after plant because soc, some form of hermes upgrades, and a platform literally nullifies all of his attacks.

Did a playthrough of Getfixedboi recently and thought I would order the bosses by how difficult they were in that seed too.

1: King Slime - Still easy on this seed. Even the central island in the Underworld you spawn in is sufficient for this fight with a row of platforms and a hook. He is much larger though, which is usually terrible for the player if he spawns while you're doing some random caving.

2: Eye of Cthulu - Didn't notice many changes here, aside from the new stationary spinning attack it does in the second phase, which somewhat counterintuitively makes it easier to deal with, since it gives you breathing room from its otherwise constant dashing.

3: Queen Slime - Yet another boss that seems to have received little changes in this seed, making what would be a relatively tough boss in any other seed very easy to deal with. She doesn't have a tonne of health, and a long enough arena or bridge trivialises her. Both the Goat Mount and the Unicorn can easily keep pace with her flying phase, and it's not much of a task to change direction when you eventually run out of bridge to kite her.

4: Queen Bee - An absolute nightmare in this seed, given how many larva are scattered across every inch of the world. You can barely take two steps without tripping over one and summoning an enraged, nearly impossible to dodge Queen Bee. Otherwise, she isn't too difficult when you're actually prepared to fight her in a proper arena. Didn't notice many alterations to her AI, and the Shield of Cthulu makes her fairly simple to deal with.

5: Golem - Despite the changes to the light level in this fight, it still isn't all that difficult. Flying over it back and forth in a semicircular pattern still makes the fight quite tolerable. The fireballs and lasers in the second phase can occasionally become a nuisance though.

6: Moon Lord - Unexpectedly, what is normally what I consider the hardest boss is one of the easier bosses in this seed. Never even came close to dying to him. Compared to the ridiculous contact damage dealt by other bosses (and even regular mobs), his projectiles and lasers feel like peashooters in comparison. Assuming you have excellent mobility and a large arena by this point, none of his attacks should present too much of an issue. The "bouncy boulder" attack can sometimes pose a threat, but is easy enough to dodge if the initial spray doesn't hit you.

7: Deerclops - Still a moderately tough boss, mainly due to the obnoxious debuffs it inflicts, and the unfair phantom hands it constantly summons that will frequently materialise inside the player while you're trying to dodge another attack, which can easily snowball into even more damage if it leads to a stunlock. Otherwise, it doesn't deal that much damage, and I didn't notice any other changes to this fight on the seed.

8: Brain of Cthulu - The teleporting can sometimes catch you if it happens to teleport directly behind you while you're running away from it. The flipped gravity wasn't a major factor in the fight, since I built a box to fight it in.

9: Plantera - Has many avenues of dealing constant damage to you, whether it be the ceaseless amounts of tendrils and hooks she spawns, or the pink thorny bushes that stunt your health regen. Fortunately, you can still spot openings in the maze of hitboxes to weave through. The Rod of Discord is also a particularly helpful tool in this fight if you get pinned in a corner.

10: Skeletron - The threat in this fight doesn't come from Skeletron directly, but from the random mobs and Dark Casters that constantly spawn during the fight. Skeletron's AI is as simple to circle as ever, but you can get stunlocked and killed very quickly if you get unlucky and bounce off an enemy (which there are many of) during a dash, only to get knocked back into Skeletron's infinite stunlock spin. Aside from this one unfortunate possibility, nothing else in this fight should present much of a problem. However, said possiblity is always a looming threat if you ever slip up.

11: Empress of Light - Because the Empress of Light isn't a boss that prioritises contact damage, she isn't as difficult in comparison to the toughest bosses on Getfixedboi, but her AI and stats still demand your attention. Having to fight her in the cramped Underworld or low gravity Surface add yet another layer of difficulty to the fight. She remains the hardest boss in the game if you include her daytime form, but her regular form is substantially easier to deal with. I highly recommend the Witch's Broom for the daytime fight, as it can bypass the weak gravity which would otherwise make the fight much more frustrating.

12: Lunatic Cultist - Surprisingly, he's much tougher in this seed. I'm pretty sure many of his projectiles and attacks are actually treated by the game as enemies (rather than projectiles), meaning they gain the ridiculous contact damage boost everything else in Getfixedboi receives. Combine that with the chaos that results from the usual random mobs spawning in the arena, and the cramped spawn of the Dungeon entrance in this seed, and he's one of the harder bosses. However, he should still be intuitive enough to beat if you remain cautious during the fight, and quickly notice where he is during the summoning ritual attack.

13: Eater of Worlds - Usually an easy enough boss to deal with if you have a Surface arena, but one of the harder bosses on Getfixedboi. The combination of unbreakable Vile Spit from all angles, Eater of Souls that surround you during the fight, low gravity on the Surface and its proclivity to despawn if it's offscreen for so much as a second all contribute to making this one of the most annoying fights on this seed. While the Vile Spit is supposedly breakable if you fight the boss below the surface, I never bothered attempting to fight it in the cramped Corruption chasms.

14: Mechdusa - Fought this boss on the surface, and found it entertaining, which I didn't expect. Thankfully, it doesn't function as if you actually summoned all three of the mechanical bosses at the same time, and instead acts as a gimped and leashed chimera, reliant on its large hitbox to back you into a corner. Due to the low gravity on the surface, the threat of getting stunlocked by the projectiles in midair is something to watch out for, but the Rod of Discord can save you from situations like that. Killing the Destroyer, Twins and Skeletron Prime in order seems to be the best approach. Ridding yourself of the Destroyer first takes away the barricade that its long body forces you to contend with, and also removes the probes and much of the laser spam from the equation. After that, the Twins pose the main threat in the fight, and are just as aggressive and threatening as they are in any other seed. For whatever reason, Skeletron Prime seems to have little to no attacks, and will probably just be a slow flying head with barely any health left by the time you beat the Twins. In fact, Skeletron Prime's only attack seems to be charging towards you very sluggishly, making it an utter cakewalk to defeat once you handled the much more dangerous Twins and Destroyer. Kiling Skeletron Prime before the other two is a very bad idea, since it acts as the tether for the other mechs. If you defeat Skeletron Prime first, you'll end up having to fight freed versions of both the Twins and the Destroyer, now with their regular moveset.

15: Wall of Flesh - Can't stress enough how important it is to farm Imp Banners with statues for this fight. For me at least, it was the sole factor determining whether or not I'd win. Without banners across the length of the Underworld to reduce the damage the buffed Imps do, they'll probably kill you at some point. Not only do the Imps spawn at a ludicrous rate, but they also receive a stat buff, and their projectiles are now indestructible and substantially increased in velocity. What this usually means is that the combination of the pressure the Wall of Flesh puts on you, the larva that litter the Underworld, and crack + steroid Imps will be too much to handle. This is the only time I've ever actually had to build a hellbridge, rather than just tunnelling out the Underworld houses and flying through them. Either the hardest or second hardest boss on the seed, depending on the presence of Imp Banners.

16: Duke Fishron - The combination of inflated contact damage and low gravity on the Surface make Duke Fishron arguably the hardest boss in the game on Getfixedboi, alongside the aforementioned Wall of Flesh. My build had very high defence and damage reduction by the time I fought Duke Fishron at the post-Golem stage, and I still took around 456 damage at some point from contact with one of his dashes, which I think might've been the highest amount of damage I've ever taken from a single hit in this game, outside of one-shot gimmicks like the Dungeon Guardian and Daytime Empress of Light. Not only that, but like the Lunatic Cultist, some of Duke Fishron's "projectile" attacks, such as the Sharkrons spawned by the Sharknado, actually seem to benefit from the inflated contact damage of Getfixedboi as well. The weak gravity on the surface makes Duke Fishron's phase 3 teleport dashing significantly more difficult to dodge, and I had to switch out the Master Ninja Gear with the Shield of Cthulu to take advantage of the invincibility frames it provides. Every aspect of the Getfixedboi seed seems to specifically buffed Duke Fishron in all the most demoralising ways.

Back
Top Bottom