Bosses - Easiest to Hardest

I'm pretty sure you can't cheese moon lord with the nurse strats any more. They made it so that he straight up oneshots you if you try.

Edit: after testing it, they actually didn't, but the true eyes now stick EXTREMELY close to you in the second phase and kill her very quickly. You can still use her to skip the first phase, but good luck doing it in the second.
Well, I did do it in expert mode, and it happened in expert mode, but not in Normal.

Well, I did do it in expert mode, and it happened in expert mode, but not in Normal.
He might not do enough damage to kill her in normal mode, because she has the ability to heal herself. It's honestly fine that they didn't fix it in normal mode, though, it means all of those cool challenges like Wand of Sparking Only are still viable :D

He might not do enough damage to kill her in normal mode, because she has the ability to heal herself. It's honestly fine that they didn't fix it in normal mode, though, it means all of those cool challenges like Wand of Sparking Only are still viable :D
Yeah, because Nurse Strats are something some people have to do, if They're not doing tanking strats or without buffs, since I did about all bosses without buffs besides Campfire Regen, some without even using a arena, most notably Lunatic Cultist, Golem, and Moon Lord, and I did still have to move, since the first time I did moon lord was with a friend, so even with Nurse, beating moon lord with her was rewarding, since I still had to move around with wings, and fight in the air, while still managing to damage moon lord and heal with the nurse, and I even think once the Nurse killed Moon Lord.

King slime
Destroyer
Eater of Worlds
Wall of Flesh
Eye of cthulhu
Golem
Brain of cthulhu
Queen Bee
Skeletron
Skeletron prime
Queen Slime
Plantera
Twins
Empress of light
Duke Fishron
Moon Lord

Some are bosses that I assumed difficulty such as queen slime and Duke fishron, because I only fight them with endgame gear

From the top being easiest and bottom being hardest. I've played enough to get a good idea of how difficult bosses feel to me.

This list applies to all difficulties, Classic, Expert, and Master with the exception of Plantera.

Eye of Cthulhu
Lunatic Cultist
King Slime
Eater of Worlds
Golem
Plantera (Journey or Classic)
Wall of Flesh
Brain of Cthulhu
Skeletron
Skeletron Prime
Queen Slime
Queen Bee
Duke Fishron
The Twins
Destroyer
Empress of Light (Night-time)
Plantera (Expert Mode+)
Betsy
Moon Lord

Moon Lord is still the hardest boss for me, but Betsy comes close due to needing to defend the Eternia Crystal at the same time.

This is just my opinion (PC)

King Slime
Eater of Worlds
Eye of Cthulhu
Brain of Cthulhu
Wall of Flesh
Golem
Skeletron
Queen Slime
Skeletron Prime
Queen Bee
The Destroyer
Lunatic Cultist
Moon Lord
Empress of Light
Duke Fishron

Last edited:
From easiest to hardest

King Slime
Eye of Cthulhu
Eater of Worlds
Wall of Flesh
Skeletron
Brain of Cthulhu
Queen Bee
Skeleton Prime
The Destroyer
Golem
The Pillars
Lunatic Cultist
Plantera
The Twins
Duke Fishron
Empress of Light (night)
Moon Lord
Empress of Light (day)

My list is this:
eye of cuthulu
eater of worlds
skeletron
king slime
queen bee
wall of flesh
the destroyer
the twins
skeletron prime
golem
lunatic cultist
planterra
duke Fishron
moon lord
—————
im on console btw

King slime Eye of cthulu Skeletron brain of cthulu EOW queen bee wall of flesh destroyer Skeletron prime Twins golem Plantera lunatic cultist moon lord DUKE FISHRON

it goes like, easiest
.moon lord
.that lunatic over there
.that big weed
.the rock man
.that HUGE fish
.skeleton dog
.EYE BALLS, born as twins
.metal snake dude
.a GIANT queen (ugly) NO OFFENCE RELOGIC
.the wall with EYEBALLS
.skeleton dogs baby
.the long worm with EYEBALLS
.another EYEBALL
.and a peice of slime
hardest

seriously, whats with relogic and EYEBALLS?
(just so you know, i know there actual names) -_-im not dumb, maybe.

Easiest Bosses:
  • King Slime
  • Eye of Cthulhu (NM)
  • Golem
  • The Twins
  • Skeletron (NM)
Hardest Bosses:
  • Moon Lord
  • Lunatic Cultist
  • Ocram
  • Plantera
  • Skeletron (EM)
  • Skeletron Prime

Expert Mode Boss Difficulty ranking, lets start.

King Slime
EoC
EoW
Flying Dutchman
Queen Bee
Skeletron
Skeletron Prime
BoC
WoF
The Twins
Lunatic Cultist
Golem
Destroyer
Planterra
Duke Fishron
Moon Lord

Lunar Events:
Vortex Pillar
Nebula Pillar
Stardust Pillar
Solar Pillar

Normal Pre-Hm:
Wall of Flesh using beenades - using beenades
King Slime - Basically Slime AI but can Teleport, you have a 100% Chance winning as long as you are fast and far away
Eye of Cthulhu - Dashing is slow, also deals a "not a big deal amount" of damage in both phases.
Eater of Worlds - The whole fight is completed by swinging your trusty sword at a body.
Brain of Cthulhu - The whole fight is the same as the Eater of Worlds, minus the *insert large number here* extra body parts. The only thing that makes it harder is teleportation.
Skeletron - Just swing your sword at the target and dodge attacks.
Queen Bee - The hardest boss before the Wall of Flesh due to poison and speed.
Wall of Flesh - Don't screw up that's all.
Expert Pre-Hm:
King Slime - Contact damage makes it more threatening, but doesn't change the battle.
Eye of Cthulhu - First phase it the same. Second phase though, It can give you a REAL panic attack.
Eater of Worlds - One word, Spit.
Brain of Cthulhu - There are 4 of them now? (Plus, the hungries inflict DEBUFFS)
Wall of Flesh - If you are the 3 classes that are not melee, you are fine.
Queen Bee - Same thing.
Skeletron - He Now Shoots skulls. Getting trapped in his skull makes you guaranteed dead.
Wall of Flesh For Melee Players - Rage Inducing. The Expert Wall of Flesh fight requires you to be far away to be safe. Melee requires close contact. The Regenerating hungries make you wish you either had an inferno potion or an Arkhalis / Terragrim.
Master Pre-Hm:
Eye of Cthulhu - Same thing.
King Slime - The contact damage buff in master mode makes you die in about 4 hits. Not very easy, huh?
Eater of Worlds - I played Master mode on crimson.
Brain of Cthulhu - Same thing.
Queen Bee - Same thing.
Skeletron - Getting trapped means endless rage.
Wall of Flesh - I don't know

Easy Section:
  • King Slime
  • Eye of Cthulhu
  • Queen Bee
  • Skeletron
  • Fishron
  • Plantera
  • Golem
Still fairly Easy, though not complete pushovers:
  • Twins
  • Skeletron Prime
  • Destroyer
  • Moon Lord
  • Queen Slime
  • Lunatic Cultist
  • Empress of Light (Nighttime)
Neutral, these are bosses that are neither hard nor easy to me:
  • Betsy
Challenging, this is where bosses start to get challenging and require precision:
  • Empress of Light (Daytime with no damage avoidance equipment)
Hard, these are bosses that I struggle with:
  • Wall of Flesh
Oh yeah these exist too, they're the absolute easiest:
  • Eater of Worlds
  • Brain of Cthulhu

I'm going to finally revisit this.
Ranking by expert because I can't stand playing without a dash and I've only completed one Master playthrough. Top of the tier is easier than the bottom.

F Tier: Straight Trash and a complete pushover, I don't even have to think when fighting these guys.
  • King Slime: Imagine designing a boss around a player's complete lack of mobility in a game where mobility is readily available and easy to obtain.
  • Lepus. It's king slime, but he spawns slightly larger clones sometimes and his clones have a delay. spooooooooky.
  • Golem: Succeeds at being a hard mode King Slime even more than Queen Slime does. He "enrages" on the surface but it changes almost nothing and still is probably the better option. Even in the cramped quarters of his Temple he's still a pushover.
  • Flying Dutchman: ...How do I get hit by this? Why does it get stuck so much?
  • Turkor the Ungrateful: YAAAAAAAY A BOSS WHICH SITS IN ONE PLACE AND SPAWNS TANKY HARPIES! I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW CREATIVE THIS IS! WHEEEEEEEEE.
  • Skeletron Prime: 3 incompetent arms, one arm that is a worse version of Retinazer, and a head which doesn't move fast enough to hit a flying player with the weakest wing tier in the game (yes, even after the buff to his spin attack). The only "challenging" thing about this boss is that he takes a long time to die, but when a boss has almost zero ability to hit their target this becomes nearly inconsequential.
  • Eater of Worlds: Imagine being able to survive a boss even after running into it's body repeatedly. At least the head does adequate damage if you aren't careful, though, but you basically have to try to get hit by that in my experience.
  • Ocram: Imagine an eye of cthulhu rematch with lasers and higher numbers in a tier which already has a better and higher effort eye of cthulhu rematch with lasers and higher numbers.
D Tier: Not difficult, but I still have to actually put some effort in to defeat them.
  • Destroyer: Almost a challenge, but is hard countered by almost everything. Becomes S tier if you limit yourself to only non-piercing/raining weapons and play on Master Mode For the Worthy, but that's so niche I don't consider it enough to move him upwards.
  • The Twins: Spazmatism is a pushover with slow projectiles in the first phase and a flamethrower in the second phase which literally only hits people who play melee. I don't play melee, so his efforts end up falling flat. Retinazer I actually have to try against though, with how spammy he can get.
  • Lunatic Cultist: The only easy boss which never fails to be a joy to fight. His attacks are very creative and forgiving to dodge, and he does a very good job of being a "pseudo final boss".
  • Brain of Cthulhu: Can get really scary in later phases where it's almost impossible to tell the hallucinations apart... until you remember the overlay map mode exists. His attacks in the first phase take up quite a large area even if they aren't particularly dangerous or difficult to avoid, so I still have to think when fighting him.
  • Wall of Flesh: Everything with "bee" in the name trivializes this boss (except bee keeper which was already bad and nerfed for no apparent reason), and building an arena for him isn't even necessary due to water walking potions. I guess if you didn't carve a path through the ruins you might have some trouble with this? You also probably need some running boots, but those are in every single biome (and also fishing) anyway.
  • Old One's Army Trio: Really would be more difficult if they didn't die so fast.
  • Martian Saucer: All of it's attacks require very little effort to dodge once you learn them, INCLUDING the deathray. The only reason it's not F tier is because it's hitbox in the second phase is the size of a demon eye for no apparent reason.
C Tier: Average difficulty.
  • Skeletron: would be D tier, but the Skulls can be pretty unpredictable at times.
  • Eye of Cthulhu: Can get nasty towards the end of the fight, but doesn't really do much until that point. I guess the Servants can throw a wrench in your plans until the second phase though, which is why it's not D tier.
  • Queen Slime: Once I learn her attacks she'll probably be placed lower. Her attacks are chaotic but in a very predictable way (yes, I realize how much of an oxymoron this is), and her minions tend to go down rather quickly. I just haven't learned her well enough to place her any lower yet.
B Tier: A fun and decent challenge.
  • Mourning Wood/Pumpking/Everscream/Santa-NK1/Ice Queen: It's easy to get distracted during these guys by swarms of adds, and their attacks aren't exactly trivial to dodge even if you disregard them... Would be D tier (except Ice Queen, she's C tier) if they appeared in a less chaotic environment.
  • Plantera: Actually succeeds in being a stressful fight due to high stakes while also being pretty fair and challenging for the most part. A significant part of this bosses' difficulty comes from the fact that if you don't build an arena with every attempt, you have to fight her in incredibly cramped quarters, so I don't really consider her A tier.
  • Duke Fishron: Practice killing this guy in early hardmode in 1.3.5 really helped me learn his attack patterns. He's difficult and overwhelming, but not too difficult and overwhelming.
A Tier: An absolute treat and very difficult compared to the rest. I consider difficult fun as long as there's nothing unfair happening, and fortunately terraria is pretty good about keeping things fair.
  • Empress of Light (both enraged and normal): An absolute blast which is completely different from any other experience in the game. Her attacks are frantic but you always know exactly what mistake you made and can learn from it. Fun fact: I had a trolly friend who led me to believe that you HAD to fight her in the day, so the first time I ever killed this boss was in her Enraged Form. When I get hit by her not-enraged form it tends to snowball, so I actually have just as much trouble with her normal form as her enraged form. :D
  • Queen Bee: Requires you be aware of your entire arena at all times and stunts your regeneration when she lands some of her attacks. During my master mode playthrough this was the boss I had the most trouble with by far (including Enraged Empress and Moon Lord), and for good reason. She's amazing to fight though and I can't wait to attempt to defeat her enraged form. She also seems only a little less difficult on Expert for some reason.
  • Moon Lord: His attacks are ridiculous and overwhelming, but they are actually really subtly telegraphed, making this boss become much more fun the more you learn through fighting it. Doesn't change the fact that this guy is borderline bullet hell, though, and his attacks are still a bit too punishing.

Last edited:
King Slime=Lunatic Cultist
Eye of Cthulhu
Eater of Worlds
Golem
Queen Bee=Brain of Cthulhu
Wall of Flesh
Skeletron Prime
Skeletron
Queen Slime
Plantera=Duke Fishron
The Twins=Destroyer
Empress of Light
Moon Lord

Assuming this is on master mode and I'm playing my primary class (melee):
King Slime: First boss, so expected, just walk away from him
Golem: Hilariously easy, especially since it's sandwiched in-between EoL and Duke Fishron.
EoW: Floating row of platforms invalidates it
Lunatic Cultist: Fragile and easily avoided
EoC: Easy until it's on the last few seconds but you'll probably kill it by this point
Queen Bee: Never does much damage, predictable attack pattern, quite fast near the end though
Skeletron: Lengthy fight, not difficult if you just circle around it though
BoC: Mobility helps here, otherwise Creepers can knock you into a stunlock, otherwise not too hard
Skeletron Prime: Circle around it, same deal as Skeletron, a stray bomb killed me once though
Destroyer: Laser spam, if I had less defense this would be tougher, mostly just lengthy fight
Plantera: Vertical arena helps with the spike balls, still a dangerous boss
Twins: Fast and relentless, though not as tanky as the other two mechs
EoL (night): Getting pattern down helps with this, as does the Rod of Discord, lengthy fight
Queen Slime: Projectile hell with crap flying everywhere, how is this pre-mech?
Duke Fishron: Could be lower, but the last phase is very risky
Moon Lord: Also a projectile hell and they're hard to see as well
Wall of Flesh: This is painful with melee, especially since I had no arena
EoL (day): Self-explanatory, you have to nohit it, I still manage it

Keep in mind I did EoL (both fights) pre-Golem so it was tankier than it would otherwise be. Wall of Flesh was probably the worst as far as my entertainment was concerned, Starfury is not a weapon I should have to be using for this fight and every time I attempted to build a hellbridge for it, I was swarmed by enemies so got frustrated and just tunneled through the Underworld Houses instead.

Last edited:
Y’all forgetting bout Dungeon Guardian. That’s the hardest boss in the game. Even though, he isn’t really a boss but I’m counting it

Y’all forgetting bout Dungeon Guardian. That’s the hardest boss in the game. Even though, he isn’t really a boss but I’m counting it
Enraged Empress takes more skill to dodge than “hur dur run away without changing direction”

Also, now that enraged bosses are considered a separate thing because of the Empress, you could argue that Enraged Skeletron Prime is the dungeon guardian but better in every way.

Last edited:
Enraged Empress takes more skill to dodge than “hur dur run away without changing direction”

Also, now that enraged bosses are considered a separate thing because of the Empress, you could argue that Enraged Skeletron Prime is the dungeon guardian but better in every way.
Personally I think enraged bossed only count when they have a unique drop like a Bone Key or Terraprisma to actually provide a reason for defeating them

Back
Top Bottom