6: Bumblebirb
5: Calamitas
4: Sentinels of the Devourer
3: Cosmic Devourer
2: Yharon
1: Supreme Calamitas

haha calamity included. soooo. in your face
You find the DOG that easy?

Alright, I play on expert mode, so I'll sort them accordingly...

1: King Slime (the rope trick makes it actually impossible for you to get hit by him unless a demon eye decides to do a funny joke)
2: Skeletron Prime (his melee arms are really easy to dodge and you can just dodge his projectiles by literally flying in one direction with wings)
3: Golem (This boss is easy even if he isn't trapped, I don't get why people even bother...)
4: Brain of Cthulhu (Creepers die too fast and illusions are easy to see through)
5: Eater of Worlds (he simply doesn't do enough damage and doesn't have enough health...)
6: Wall of Flesh (He would be hard... If bee weapons didn't exist.)
7: The Destroyer (He would be hard... If the Daedalus Stormbow didn't exist.)
8: Lunatic Cultist (I've fought him so many times that I rarely get hit... my stupid minions keep summoning Phantasm Dragons though. He probably deserves to be lower on this list but I need to give credit to my favorite boss.)
9: The Twins (eh... I don't really know... I just have a bit of trouble with these two for one reason.)
10: Skeletron (his arms are easy to dodge because of how telegraphed they are. The skull projectiles, however...)
11: Queen Bee (I don't know why I hate this boss so much... THANK RED FOR THE SHIELD OF CTHULHU!)
12: Duke Fishron (I find his dashing easy to dodge with an antigrav hook and a spammy weapon... Phase 3 is still hard though.)
13: Plantera (I have a very quick but risky strategy, getting in close and flying in tight circles over and over during the first phase and running like heck during the second phase! I usually die in the first phase though... but at least the second phase is easy because there aren't projectiles.)
14: Moon Lord (This boss is harder then you think... it's not the phantasmal deathray that kills me, it's the coordinated attacks the true eyes use, the deathray is easy to dodge, why do people block it?)
15: Eye of Cthulhu (I'm being completely serious here... Why is he hard...? Because I normally fight him very early on... and then he has a new attack in his second phase in expert mode that is literally impossible to react to fast enough and requires a LOT of mobility to avoid. I absolutely HATE this boss and dread fighting him in hardcore expert...)

Edit: forgot to mention that I sorted them by the difficulty when you fight them as soon as possible, not with an endgame character
[doublepost=1557851744,1557851362][/doublepost]
Heck yeah. With the nurse (paired with Solar Eruption) it's ALMOST the easiest boss in the game. Slime King is slightly easier due to the rope strat.
I don't think that's a valid statement anymore, Cenx said she was patching that in 1.3.6

Alright, I play on expert mode, so I'll sort them accordingly...

1: King Slime (the rope trick makes it actually impossible for you to get hit by him unless a demon eye decides to do a funny joke)
2: Skeletron Prime (his melee arms are really easy to dodge and you can just dodge his projectiles by literally flying in one direction with wings)
3: Golem (This boss is easy even if he isn't trapped, I don't get why people even bother...)
4: Brain of Cthulhu (Creepers die too fast and illusions are easy to see through)
5: Eater of Worlds (he simply doesn't do enough damage and doesn't have enough health...)
6: Wall of Flesh (He would be hard... If bee weapons didn't exist.)
7: The Destroyer (He would be hard... If the Daedalus Stormbow didn't exist.)
8: Lunatic Cultist (I've fought him so many times that I rarely get hit... my stupid minions keep summoning Phantasm Dragons though. He probably deserves to be lower on this list but I need to give credit to my favorite boss.)
9: The Twins (eh... I don't really know... I just have a bit of trouble with these two for one reason.)
10: Skeletron (his arms are easy to dodge because of how telegraphed they are. The skull projectiles, however...)
11: Queen Bee (I don't know why I hate this boss so much... THANK RED FOR THE SHIELD OF CTHULHU!)
12: Duke Fishron (I find his dashing easy to dodge with an antigrav hook and a spammy weapon... Phase 3 is still hard though.)
13: Plantera (I have a very quick but risky strategy, getting in close and flying in tight circles over and over during the first phase and running like heck during the second phase! I usually die in the first phase though... but at least the second phase is easy because there aren't projectiles.)
14: Moon Lord (This boss is harder then you think... it's not the phantasmal deathray that kills me, it's the coordinated attacks the true eyes use, the deathray is easy to dodge, why do people block it?)
15: Eye of Cthulhu (I'm being completely serious here... Why is he hard...? Because I normally fight him very early on... and then he has a new attack in his second phase in expert mode that is literally impossible to react to fast enough and requires a LOT of mobility to avoid. I absolutely HATE this boss and dread fighting him in hardcore expert...)

Edit: forgot to mention that I sorted them by the difficulty when you fight them as soon as possible, not with an endgame character
[doublepost=1557851744,1557851362][/doublepost]
I don't think that's a valid statement anymore, Cenx said she was patching that in 1.3.6
Well, It was valid when I said it and it still is until 1.3.6

For me... (Old one's army do not count yet.)

18. King Slime (Teleportation might be working if not for a fact I didn't even need the rope trick - all you need is to break the AI of Slimes and it. You don't need flat terrain... and it's better that way too!)
17. Golem (Even spawning can cheese him! Not to mention that he's not that strong on Expert Mode either.)
16. Lunatic Cultist (This and above two lie victim to homing guns and frequent boss breakers. If you're crazy enough, Piranha Gun is all you need. Oh, and dodging skill.)
15. Skeletron Prime (Perfectly manages to screw up their strong side in expert mode.)
14. Queen Bee (Another pushover - only deadly thing? Newbie trying to kill her. Otherwise see 16.)
13. Eater of Worlds (Worm AI is prone to mistakes... Even in Expert Mode (and you can destroy the projectiles). Yet as a pushover drops valuable item.)
12. Eye of Cthulhu (Oookay, actually died to the superdashes, but only because of mana running out... and that wasn't on ranger one.)
11. Brain of Cthulhu (Actually not a pushover, yet drops a pushover item.)
10. Ice Queen (Warmth Potion exists for this reason.)
9. The Destroyer (Do not bring weapon NOT piercing it. You'll die.)
8. Wall of Flesh (Hohoho! Probably the only boss that can't be beaten without bridge or lava waders.)
7. Skeletron (Newbies will have troubles with him in Expert. Experts might see 15. Skeletron Prime.)
6. Plantera (I'd have an objection, though. Outgunning her works perfectly fine.)
5. Pumpking (Boneripper more dangerous than Plantera)
4. Duke Fishron (Cheap pushover. You can skip him or if you manage - outpace the damage he deals with your own damage.)
3. The Twins (Pile of argh. Doesn't help that you CAN'T get cornered, and being cornered is death sentence.)
2. Moon Lord (With extreme prejudice, I have taken revenge. Yes, he's possible if you manage to circle him, although you need to endure him to. In short - do NOT underestimate him. You can still die if you don't take caution. But oh boy, a water arena is either blessing or curse. Projectiles are slower, so either you might have easy time dodging it, or you get ripped off by Moon Lord.)
1. Martian Saucer (I have never before beat it cheeseless in the Expert mode... yes, I admit, I tried to beat it once, but it killed me.)

For me... (Old one's army do not count yet.)

18. King Slime (Teleportation might be working if not for a fact I didn't even need the rope trick - all you need is to break the AI of Slimes and it. You don't need flat terrain... and it's better that way too!)
17. Golem (Even spawning can cheese him! Not to mention that he's not that strong on Expert Mode either.)
16. Lunatic Cultist (This and above two lie victim to homing guns and frequent boss breakers. If you're crazy enough, Piranha Gun is all you need. Oh, and dodging skill.)
15. Skeletron Prime (Perfectly manages to screw up their strong side in expert mode.)
14. Queen Bee (Another pushover - only deadly thing? Newbie trying to kill her. Otherwise see 16.)
13. Eater of Worlds (Worm AI is prone to mistakes... Even in Expert Mode (and you can destroy the projectiles). Yet as a pushover drops valuable item.)
12. Eye of Cthulhu (Oookay, actually died to the superdashes, but only because of mana running out... and that wasn't on ranger one.)
11. Brain of Cthulhu (Actually not a pushover, yet drops a pushover item.)
10. Ice Queen (Warmth Potion exists for this reason.)
9. The Destroyer (Do not bring weapon NOT piercing it. You'll die.)
8. Wall of Flesh (Hohoho! Probably the only boss that can't be beaten without bridge or lava waders.)
7. Skeletron (Newbies will have troubles with him in Expert. Experts might see 15. Skeletron Prime.)
6. Plantera (I'd have an objection, though. Outgunning her works perfectly fine.)
5. Pumpking (Boneripper more dangerous than Plantera)
4. Duke Fishron (Cheap pushover. You can skip him or if you manage - outpace the damage he deals with your own damage.)
3. The Twins (Pile of argh. Doesn't help that you CAN'T get cornered, and being cornered is death sentence.)
2. Moon Lord (With extreme prejudice, I have taken revenge. Yes, he's possible if you manage to circle him, although you need to endure him to. In short - do NOT underestimate him. You can still die if you don't take caution. But oh boy, a water arena is either blessing or curse. Projectiles are slower, so either you might have easy time dodging it, or you get ripped off by Moon Lord.)
1. Martian Saucer (I have never before beat it cheeseless in the Expert mode... yes, I admit, I tried to beat it once, but it killed me.)
Don't even get me started on the Martian Saucers.

I remember my first ever time fighting one, died about 5 times to its Deathray. Even now I still have to stand under blocks to avoid it, the Moon Lord's Deathray isn't as dangerous as the Martian Saucer's.
Yeah, it needs a nerf. It's either ridiculously hard, or long and boring.

On Normal Mode
King slime
Golem
Eye Of Cthulhu
Brain Of Cthulhu
Eater Of Worlds
Queen Bee
Skeletron
Wall Of Flesh
Destroyer
Skeletron Prime
Twins
Plantera
Lunatic Cultist
Duke Fishron
Moon Lord

On Expert Mode
King Slime
Golem
Eye Of Cthulhu
Brain Of Cthulhu
Eater Of Worlds
Queen Bee
Wall Of Flesh
Twins
Skeletron Prime
Destroyer (Swaped position in anticipation of Storm Bow Nerf)
Skeletron
Plantera
Lunatic Cultist
Duke Fishron

*Vast insurmountable chasm of impossibility* (i.e. never won against the below in expert)

Moon Lord (because I can't dodge for the life of me in expert and apparently fail as Nurse Cheese too if they really do make his lasers pass through blocks I'll never be able to win in Normal Mode :( Can win in Normal without Cheese but if the beam goes through blocks that will no longer be true)

Event Bosses:
Flying Dutchman(wouldn't even count it were it not for the trophy less dangerous than the Pirates it spawns)
Dark Mage
Ogre
Mourning Wood
Everscream
Pumpking
SantaNK1
Betsy (Not sure how I would rate her pre Lunar event as came out after I played through most of the game so may need to re-adjust position )
Ice Queen
Martian Saucer (instant death Ray of Uber Death Tried to fight non cheese and it is nigh impossible I won once but was promptly killed by the second saucer that spawned after the destruction of the first. You Need the Fishron or UFO Mount and spammable High DPS particularly the Phantasm or Last Prism (If not minding Mana Sickness)

Note Holiday Moon event bosses are variable for the wave based events

I think solar eruption was designed specifically for the Moon Lord so is that really cheesing? It's reach is exactly as long as the distance to Moon Lord's eyes.

I can't beat Duke Fishron even with end-game equipment so he is my hardest by far.

36 being the easiest
1 being the hardest

36: King Slime
35: EoW
34: EoC
33: BoC
32: WoF
haha
31: Skeletren
30: Queen Bee
29: Crabulon
28: Destroyer
27: Desert Scourge
26: Hive Mind
25: The Perforators
24: Golem
23: Plantera
22: Moon Lord
21: Slime God
20: Cryogen
19: Astrum Deus
18: Astrum Aureus
17: Skele Prim
16: Twins
15: Plaguebringer Goliath
14: Dook Fushren
13: Siren & Leviathan
12: Ravager
11: Lunatic Cultist
10: Brimstone Elemental
9: Profaned Guardians
8: Providence
7: Polterghast
6: Bumblebirb
5: Calamitas
4: Sentinels of the Devourer
3: Devourer of Gods
2: Yharon
1: Supreme Calamitas

haha calamity included. soooo. in your face
Profaned Guardians are harder than Providence herself IMO, i think this boss even should be №1 due main guardian's chasing the player ability.
Astrum Aerus deals a lot of damage but his attacks are easy to dodge, might put lower.
Also the Slime God is actually weak against weapons from The Abyss, i reccomend using them, this boss is supposed to be fought right before WoF actually.
Cryogen is also ez if you have frost armor

Last edited:
Why do so many people find the martian saucer impossible? Its hard no-cheese, of course, but its not as hard as people make it seem like.
ikr? it seems that people don't know that you can just change direction for his deathray spam and all of his other attacks are easily dodgable at that point in the game (especially in expert mode with the shrimpy truffle)

Back
Top Bottom