Bosses - Easiest to Hardest

ikr? it seems that people don't know that you can just change direction for his deathray spam and all of his other attacks are easily dodgable at that point in the game (especially in expert mode with the shrimpy truffle)
I always have trouble dodging the berserk Deathray without blocks above my head, but all its other attacks are very easy to dodge.

I always have trouble dodging the berserk Deathray without blocks above my head, but all its other attacks are very easy to dodge.
It becomes very easy to dodge once you realize it follows a set pattern, you just need enough speed to change direction fast enough.

I found out my boss difficulty tiers:
Easiest: Skeletron,
Then king Slime,
Then Queen Bee,
Then the Eye of Cthulhu,
Then the Eater of the Worlds,
Then Brain of Cthulhu,
Then the Wall of Flesh,
Then The Twins
Then Golem
Then The Destroyer
Then Skeletron Prime
Then Plantera
Then the Cultist
Then the Moon Lord
And the hardest of which is Duke Fishron.

I'm going to assume you mean at the stage of the game you fight them at.

King Slime
Moon Lord
Eye of Cthulhu
Golem
Eater of Worlds
Brain of Cthulhu
Destroyer
Wall of flesh
Lunatic Cultist
Queen Bee
Skeletron Prime
Plantera
The Twins
Duke FIshron
Why does everyone find duke fishron so hard especially in expert I have done him pre plantera on pc and xbox in expert mode he is easy with a rod of discord armour thats not trash a shield of cuthulu some buffs a arena and a nurse

Eye of Cthulhu
King Slime
Eater of Worlds
Skeletron
Queen Bee
Plantera
The Destroyer
Wall of Flesh
Skeletron Prime
The Twins

EDIT:
Bosses I haven't Defeated:
Golem
Duke Fishron
Lunatic Cultist
Moon Lord

Last edited:
Duke’s easy if you know how(dash in sync with his dashes), i’ve done him with 100 hp before, the real hard dude’s moon lord, who’s stupidly complicated.

Eater of Worlds
Skeletron
King Slime
Eye of Cthulhu
Brain of Cthulhu
Wall of Flesh
Plantera
Queen Bee
Golem
Moon Lord
Skeletron Prime
Destroyer
The Twins
Lunatic Cultist
Duke Fishron

Eater of Worlds
Skeletron
King Slime
Eye of Cthulhu
Brain of Cthulhu
Wall of Flesh
Plantera
Queen Bee
Golem
Moon Lord
Skeletron Prime
Destroyer
The Twins
Lunatic Cultist
Duke Fishron
How on earth did you find moon lord easier than cultist?

My list here is mostly based off of my first fight with them so here it is.
1. King Slime: Big ol Slime that just hops around, no big deal. Expert added some more minions to the fight so that was neat.
2. Eater of Worlds: The segmented body that splits after some damage can be beaten pretty easily with a strong enough weapon by just standing still. Even on Expert he was still easy.
3. Brain of Cthulu: Pretty hard if you're stuck in the crimson cave area but if you have an arena set up he's pretty readable, even during expert.
4. Golem: Yeah he's the easiest hard mode boss, haven't fought his Expert form but I assume it's just as easy
5. Eye of Cthulu: Really easy on normal mode but the Expert one destroyed me and gave me a surprise with the sudden spike.
6. Queen Bee: Kinda hard on regular mode but if you're not stuck in a hive then she's otherwise pretty simple, Expert Mode made her into a mini-gun of a boss.
7. Destroyer: Like Eater this one is a big ol worn that has many segments, though these ones don't break apart so piercing weapons will have a field day, Expert kinda just beefed it up and made it hit harder but otherwise it's the same.
8. Skeletron: Regular mode is easy, but like Eye he has a spike in Expert Mode. I'd say the second hardest pre hard mode expert boss.
9. Skeletron Prime: This one is tough, though not as notable as the other two because it's still pretty similar to ol Skeletron, Expert is relatively the same.
10. Wall of Flesh: It's the final pre hard mode boss for a reason, this guy is a monster to fight especially with the location of the battle, Expert Mode version is still the same but that doesn't mean it isn't harder than regular mode, it's quite the challenge.
11. Lunatic Cultist: Ok this guy was a nice surprise, first fight with him was a mess, second time going back I noticed his patterns and gradually it became easier although he is an HP sponge. Haven't done expert for him yet sadly.
12. The Twins: THE hardest mech boss hands down, me thinking just because they were the mecha version of Eye of Cthulu made me challenge them first, and man that was a mistake. Expert for these two was relatively the same but they were always pretty hard to begin with so thats not saying much.
13. Plantera: Ooh boy, definety the hardest "required to progress" boss in the game. Especially with the location of the fight. I'm not the best at massive arenas so I usually have a small to medium sized arena. Sadly again, haven't done the Expert Mode of this fight. But I have done the 3ds version of it, and I think that might be even harder than the Expert version.
14. Duke Fishron: Love me some bonus bosses and the Duke is no exception. First fight with him ended as you would expect, I died a lot. But I figured it out sooner or later. By now I know his patterns like the back of my hand, because I wanted the Shrimpy Truffle so I fought his expert version before I even fought the Expert mechs. That was a mistake at first but eventually I did beat him and got my Truffle.
15. Moon Lord: Yeah he's the final boss for a reason so it's no surprise he'd be the hardest. It's not that his patterns aren't readable, but his attacks take up so much space and eat up health. I'll eventually get to his expert version but only after I get done farming the regular version for the Terrarian.
So yeah, there's my entire book series of a list, hope you enjoyed reading it.

Wow, you guys are like, professionals. I only have a set of platinum armor & tools, and I've only defeated one boss.

My Review on the Eye of Cthulhu:
It's okay I guess unless you're not well prepared. The first stage is relatively simple, and I suggest using the best bow you have with the best arrows you have. The servants can be really annoying because they're fast and hard to aim at with a bow, so quickly switch to a melee weapon to kill them. At the second stage, the EoC only charges at you, and it doesn't spawn servants. When it is spinning, it is most vulnerable, so hit it with a bow or melee weapon to get a good critical strike. You're not gonna survive with no health potions (Normal health potions or higher are suggested).

I'm going to be honest, I'm quite bad at Terraria at the moment.

Wow, you guys are like, professionals. I only have a set of platinum armor & tools, and I've only defeated one boss.

My Review on the Eye of Cthulhu:
It's okay I guess unless you're not well prepared. The first stage is relatively simple, and I suggest using the best bow you have with the best arrows you have. The servants can be really annoying because they're fast and hard to aim at with a bow, so quickly switch to a melee weapon to kill them. At the second stage, the EoC only charges at you, and it doesn't spawn servants. When it is spinning, it is most vulnerable, so hit it with a bow or melee weapon to get a good critical strike. You're not gonna survive with no health potions (Normal health potions or higher are suggested).

I'm going to be honest, I'm quite bad at Terraria at the moment.
You're not bad, you're learning! Your strategy is generally a good one, but try to improve your dodging skills by making a habit of keeping track of all threats on screen. This way nothing shooting your way will surprise you. If you are fighting the eye on normal mode, he is very good practice for how flying opponents tend to move, and rematching him will give you more demonite. Many people tend to fight the eye with no potions, no arena, no armor and a LOT of shurikens because it's almost impossible for him to hit you once you learn the pattern.

Meanwhile, if you're in expert mode... Let's just say things are a lot different. Your strategy is almost required and still might not be enough...

Many people tend to fight the eye with no potions, no arena, no armor and a LOT of shurikens because it's almost impossible for him to hit you once you learn the pattern.

I Generally don't fight any boss with any potions except health potions, even on expert mode. I somehow beat normal mode and am halfway through Expert mode like this. I recommend trying it sometime, as it definitely increases your skill level. (Also yes I am Bragging a little but I can't resist okay)

I Generally don't fight any boss with any potions except health potions, even on expert mode. I somehow beat normal mode and am halfway through Expert mode like this. I recommend trying it sometime, as it definitely increases your skill level. (Also yes I am Bragging a little but I can't resist okay)
Ah, you see, I'm used to expert multiplayer where every boss is a grueling endurance test and potions are required (especially once you beat the mechs...)

Ahh... you see, I beat all the mech bosses and before in expert mode no potions. I'm going to do Plantera soon
Ah... you see, I am in agreement about the no potions thing in singleplayer.
Also I hope the rest of the conversation begins the same way as these last three because it's hilarious to me.

Only buff potions i use are Shine, Shine, and Night Owl. I hate using buff potions on bosses, but it can be required on Expert

Heck yeah. With the nurse (paired with Solar Eruption) it's ALMOST the easiest boss in the game. Slime King is slightly easier due to the rope strat.
But you know, the nurse tactic is kinda abusing it's not a real fight and you'll get no fun from it
[doublepost=1568052657,1568052544][/doublepost]
Two shine potions?:)
Maybe he meant ironskin? Cause this potion is a life saver.

Back
Top Bottom