Bosses - Easiest to Hardest

I have a strict no cheesing policy (with the exception of EoC who I just use explosive bunnies on because of how much the fight bores me and drags on) I don't even make an arena for most bosses (the only exceptions are queen bee and plantera who you kind of have to make one for)

I don't want to cheese dreadnautilus, I want to fight dreadnautilus.
fair enough lol

Here's mine for expert mode:
  • King Slime
  • Eye of Cthulhu
  • Skeletron
  • Brain of Cthulhu
  • Queen Bee
  • Eater of Worlds
  • Wall of Flesh (not melee)
  • Queen Slime
  • Destroyer
  • The Twins
  • Skeletron Prime
  • Plantera
  • Wall of Flesh (melee)
All the bosses I haven't included are ones I have not faced yet. Plantera in phase 2 is very hard with a small arena.
Here's classic:
  • King Slime
  • Eye of Cthulhu
  • Eater of Worlds
  • Brain of Cthulhu
  • Queen Bee
  • Skeletron
  • Wall of Flesh
  • Queen Slime
  • Destroyer
  • The Twins
  • Skeletron Prime
  • Plantera
  • Golem
  • Duke Fishron
  • Moon Lord
  • Empress of Light
I don't like those who say that Duke Fishron is harder than Moon Lord btw.
You beat wof melee on expert??!! That is really hard, I barely could beat him with normal classes lol. (though, on normal mode hes not too hard to beat even with true melee)

This is my list and is my opinion
1.King Slime
2.Eye of cthulhu
3.EOW
4.Brain of cthulu
5.Skeletron
6.Queen Bee
7.WOF
8.Queen Slime
9.Destroyer
10.The Twins
11.Skeletron Prime
12.Golem
13.Plantera
14.Lunatic Cultist
15.Duke Fishron
16.EOL (can be either before or after moon
lord)
17.Moon Lord

This is just my opinion you can think something different also this list only applies to normal mode

This is my list and is my opinion
1.King Slime
2.Eye of cthulhu
3.EOW
4.Brain of cthulu
5.Skeletron
6.Queen Bee
7.WOF
8.Queen Slime
9.Destroyer
10.The Twins
11.Skeletron Prime
12.Golem
13.Plantera
14.Lunatic Cultist
15.Duke Fishron
16.EOL (can be either before or after moon
lord)
17.Moon Lord

This is just my opinion you can think something different also this list only applies to normal mode
I have been having trouble with queen slime, and it seems like it is put low on your list. Do you have any tips?

???: Dark Mage. I have never done the first tier of OOA, and he's too weak in T3 so I have no idea what rank to give him

30: Eye Of Cthulhu. Extremely simple and slow movement, low damage, doesn't do much beyond spamming weak servants in his first phase. His "last stand" is an undodgeable mess but you are 99% going to kill it before it kills you.
29: Ogre. INCREDIBLY slow and big target, the Birds are a harder boss than this guy is. Oozed is theoretically a life ender... but in this event there is hardly any movement involved to begin with.
28: Stardust Pillar. Flow Invaders start the trend of "I have one attack that takes out half your health but that's literally all I have going for myself". I don't think i've ever died to any other enemy from this pillar.
27: Flying Dutchman. I like to stay away from cheese tactics when talking about difficulty. However I make an exception when the enemy in question is incredibly likely to cheese itself.
26: Pumpking. "I have one attack that takes out half your health but that's literally all I have going for myself"
25: Destroyer. Most polarizing fight in the entire game: you either grab something with infinite pierce and destroy him or you don't and get destroyed. There is no reason not do the former, though.
24: Skeletron Prime. If it weren't for the Laser i'd fall asleep during this fight. Incredibly tanky head with 3 incompetent arms is no threat to me.
23: Mourning Wood. "I have one attack that takes out half your health but that's literally all I have going for myself". During Wave 15 said attack covers half the screen, though.
22: Golem. This boss is cheesed by building a platform above him. If you dont do that... well he spams lasers but that's all there is to say.
21: Lunatic Cultist. I wonder how many newbies have accidentally started the Lunar Events way earlier than they were supposed to because of this boss.
20: Brain of Cthulhu. Pack some pierce and you are good to go.
19: Everscream. Range limit but actually hits really hard with projectiles that are hard to see.
18: Skeletron. Hits hard but only has two attacks per phase, so once you get the hang of them there isnt much to do beyond flying in circles when he spins.
17: Duke Fishron. Beginners DREAD this guy but once you get the pattern down it is really simple to avoid. What makes this boss easy though is his bulk, or rather his lack-of. ANY decent post golem weapon will take him down in 30 seconds or so.
16: Vortex Pillar. Distorted is annoying but pack some AoE and you are good to go.
15: Ice Queen. A monster on paper due to strong attacks and the Chilled debuff. However there are hard counters to both her gimmicks, this being the Warmth Potions and a Mount unaffected by Chilled. Then she is pretty simple.
14: King Slime. Am I allowed to say this boss is kinda hard for his tier
13: Queen Bee. Doesn't hit very hard and has a repetitive pattern; last part of the fight is kinda scary but much like with EoC you will kill her before she kills you.
12: Eater of Worlds. Practically undodgeable due to having a giant body and/or spamming projectiles. Much like Destroyer however he has easy counters.
11: The Twins. Half the boss fight consists of threatening projectiles (Spaz's first phase fireballs and Retinazer phase 2 as a whole), and the other half are slow and weak phases (Retinazer's phase 1 weak lasers and Spaz's absolutely nothing he has in his second phase)
10: Martian Saucer. Hot take but the first phase is much much harder than the second. Homing High damage missiles and lasers that cover a wide area, god bless you if you fight him near where the martians spawn. Second phase is overestimated as hell though, just run left and right and watch the sparks
9: Queen Slime. First phase is a joke, second phase spams minions but sadly for her you can keep running away from their effective range. However flight time is limited and running out in the wrong place (i.e. right above a big crowd of Spiked Slimes) and you are done for
8: Nebula Pillar. If this game kept track of the enemy that has killed you the most i'm 99% sure it would be the Nebula Floater. Doesn't have much more than that, though
7: Santank. Everyone looks at the Ice Queen but the real boss of the event is this guy and his spammy chain gun that deals over 100 damage per hit. Also gives you a daily reminder to bring Heartreach potions to these events with those red Spiked Balls that deal over 300 damage and blend in perfectly with the Hearts he drops.
6: Solar Pilar. Hey, would you like to fight tons of KB immune enemies that come charging at full speed from offscreen? And an an enemy taht can make half of all Post Golem weapons unviable against it because someone thought reflecting projectiles was a fun and healthy mechanic?
5: Betsy. More of a ranking of T3 OOA as a whole, really.
4: Empress Of Light. A boss as hard as it is original and fun, this isn't even counting the daytime version of the fight.
3: Plantera. Phase 1 is the easiest boss in the game. Phase 2 is a swarm of incredibly bulky tentacles that will absolutely cover every direction you could think of moving in. The only counter is an arena big enough to have space to run around in
2: Moon Lord. There is a reason why people consider using the Nurse to be a valid part of the fight.
1: Dreadnautilus. Who the :red: thought this was ok for Pre-Mech

Last edited:
Daedulus storm bow works great and try to move away from her on a flat area
Ok, thanks for the tips! Also, is it worth it to do queen slime on a mage or melee only playthrough? My ranged and summoner playthrough kinda passed the point where queen slime is worth it already, but for future playthroughs daedalus will likely help tons. If its worth it what weapons should I use? (I was thinking for mage a meteor staff because thats like daedalus stormbow but im still stumped on a melee weapon)

I just beat wall of flesh so i can only do pre hard-mode classes.
1. eye of Cthulhu: I just take out the slimy saddle and watch him lose health
2. king slime: as long as you stay out of corners you're fine
3. eater of worlds: easy to beat without cheese. just sat there and spammed my sword
4. skeletron: I beat him on accident wondering what "curse" meant.
5. wall of flesh: all that's really needed is nights edge, sunfury and a bridge. the only reason it is hard is because it took 3 hours to make a bridge.
6. Brain of Cthulhu: the 1st phase was extremely hard but after he hit second phase
7. queen bee: stingers are extremely hard and I could only hit it when it was spawning bees.
(also, any tips for destroyer melee? I have now died to it 12 times.)

I just beat wall of flesh so i can only do pre hard-mode classes.
1. eye of Cthulhu: I just take out the slimy saddle and watch him lose health
2. king slime: as long as you stay out of corners you're fine
3. eater of worlds: easy to beat without cheese. just sat there and spammed my sword
4. skeletron: I beat him on accident wondering what "curse" meant.
5. wall of flesh: all that's really needed is nights edge, sunfury and a bridge. the only reason it is hard is because it took 3 hours to make a bridge.
6. Brain of Cthulhu: the 1st phase was extremely hard but after he hit second phase
7. queen bee: stingers are extremely hard and I could only hit it when it was spawning bees.
(also, any tips for destroyer melee? I have now died to it 12 times.)
You should try wof with just nights edge btw, its a fun fight. Also with destroyer melee im assuming you already broke the demon altars with the pwnhammer so all you really need to do for armor is get orichalcum/mithrill armor. I actually reccomend going ranged for destroyer and killing hallowed mimics (make a key of light with 15 souls of light and put it in an empty chest to summon) and getting daedalus stormbow and holy arrows. If you have to go melee you pretty much need fetid baghnacks or you will have to grind for titanium/adamantite armor and do something like chain guillotenes. Daedalus stormbow is the best weapon though.

Mine on Expert/Master:
1. King Slime
2. Eye of cthulhu
3. golem
4. Brain of cthulhu/Eater of Worlds
5. Skeletron
6. Wall of Flesh
7. Queen Bee
8. Lunatic Cultist
9. Skeletron Prime
10. The Twins
11. Destroyer
12. Plantera
13. Queen Slime
14. Duke Fishron
15. Empress of Light
15. Moon Lord

Easiest to Hardest

-King Slime. I swear this guy is on some next-level sedatives because as long as you have Hermes's Boots, this guy can't for the life of him keep up with you. He has no projectiles to hit you and as long as you're not walking towards the damn thing it should never be able to hit you. Like seriously; Does this guy even WANT to fight you? I have more trouble with the slimes it spawns than the boss itself. Next.

-Lunatic Cultist. You know, this guy WOULD actually pose a threat if he could last long enough to deal damage. Unfortunately, with the weapons that are available Post-Golem, this guy doesn't stand a chance. I have genuinely had a playthrough where I killed him with in less than 10 seconds with gear you could get before killing him. Either this guy's meant to be a pushover, or the devs really just do not understand how powerful Post-Golem gear is.

-Skeletron. I know, I know, this guy can be scary sometimes, but I have a few words to say about him, and they are: Hermes, Frog Leg, Blizzard. Yep. That's it. You can remove your hearing aides, because that's it! simple Hermes's Boots can outrun his head, and with just a Frog Leg and a Blizzard in a Balloon you can easily circle his head when he starts shooting skulls. And be prepared to circle him most of the time, because his hands are about as durable as the lead in my mechanical :red:ing pencil. It has been years since I last died to this boss in a mode that didn't kill me in half of a hit.

-Destroyer. I genuinely don't know how to rank this boss. If you have the right stuff, you can put on a blindfold and fire rubber bands at your keyboard from ten feet away and still will probably win. On the other hand, if you lack the proper gear then almost no amount of Blood, sweat, nor tears can actually put a dent in this thing. Although, most classes do have pretty easy ways to deal with him, and with proper use of those he's usually pretty doable

-Golem. This boss is not hard. He can barely move (to be fair, his chamber prevents you from moving too much as well), He dies insanely fast, and if the devs didn't tell us what changes they made to him in 1.4, we'd never have figured out what they actually were. This boss is a joke. And for the love of god please make him stay that way, because if FTW taught us anything, it's that making this boss an actual challenge is the biggest mistake since the deities above thought to create mankind.

-Eye of Cthulhu. Skybridge.

-Queen Slime. This boss really doesn't know how to play tag, and her minions are practically immobile too. Oh. I forgot: She has a second phase. And the age old proverb of "You can make anything scarier by adding wings to it" certainly holds true, because holy moly this thing will clobber if you don't know what you're doing. Her minions pack a hell of a punch and have huge cases of ammunition hidden uh... somewhere, because these :red:s do not stop shooting.

-Skeletron Prime. 4 arms means 4 sources of danger, right? 3 of his arms don't really exist, and his laser can be scary at times, but once it's down, the fight is over. I do not want to hear you tell me that he's challenging to take down before dawn, because you can take this guy down in Master Mode with a Minishark, Orichalcum Armor, and Crystal Bullets. I have seen it happen.

-Brain of Cthulhu. Imagine a being so weak that it hides inside itsinvincible shell and throws its children at whatever happens to be in your general vicinity, which proceed to die instantly because that's what happens when you throw a child? Congratulations; You just imagined the Brain of Cthulhu! Wait am I missing a phase? Hmm.... Wait, he comes out after you kill his offspring? Interesting. I wonder if that makes the fight any harder.

(It doesn't)

-Eater of Worlds. Vilethorn and Ball O' Hurt make this boss a joke. I wonder where you get those.

-Queen Bee. Finally! A good boss! I mean, it's really easy, but it's still a good fight. I have never seen her bees take more than one hit to kill. Vilethorn her :red: while she releases them and listen to the music ofmillions of her offspring dying the instant they spawn. The rest of her fight isn't much harder. Her dash is countered by the age old technique of jumping, and her stingers are dodged simply by running the :red: away from them.

-Wall of Flesh. This boss is a DPS race, and not a very hard one. The only hard part of it is trying to actually hit him while he's offscreen, and if you DO manage to hit him, you can experience the joy of watching his health bar melt.

-Duke Fishron. This boss is a noobtrap. He deals enough damage to smash through your overprotective mother's 17 separate passwords for her email, and has enough speed that simply flying away from his is about as effective as running away from a car. That aggression quickly turns into a downside though, since he frequently needs to stop for a bit and catch his breath. His Sharknadoes may SOUND dangerous, but they don't move... and you can. You have no excuse to run into these. Once you learn this boss he's a piece of cake.

-The Twins. "Covering for your partner's weaknesses" could never be more true than in this fight, because at any given time at least one of these guys can't seem to remember what the hell they had for breakfast, much less how to put up an actual fight. Spazmatism's second phase features a massive amount of absolutely nothing threatening, and Retinazer's first phase could probably be removed from the fight and you wouldn't notice a difference. Both bosses, at almost every part of the fight, are completely stumped by the concept of "upwards movement." I wonder if hardmode has a tool for that.

-Plantera. WHo made this and why are they still working at Re-Logic? Her first phase cannot hit you if you circle her, and she fires her seeds so rapidly that doing anything but circle her is pretty much impossible. One of the greatest challenges mankind has faced is dying to this phase while their hands are on the keyboard.

Then she shatters her pretty pink bulb and becomes the worst boss in the game.

-Empress. This is the best boss Terraria has to offer; lower your hands, I will not be taking objections. This is what every boss should strive to be: challenging, rewarding, and masterable. Her attacks are highly dangerous, cover a huge amount of space, and some of the the prettiest things in the game to look at, but are all in a set pattern, and I've fought this boss so many times I could recite it in my sleep.

-Moon Lord. Forget second phase Plantera. This boss's second phase is a prime lesson of how NOT to design a boss. A :red:ing hurricane of projectiles that constantly pushes you away and forces you too keep all the relevant entities offscreen? Check! A deathray that you cannot see nor dodge because the True Eye firing it doesn't give a damn where it is and yet the attack covers the entire observable universe? Check! I am entirely convinced that nobody at Re-Logic cared about making this fight good or fun. I struggle to comprehend that someone actually fought this and said "Yeah, that's good. Ship it"

This is the worst boss in the game. I don't care how cool he is thematically, or how epic his music is, he sucks, and there's no getting around his immensely incompetent design. For the final boss, no less. The game would be better off without him.

Last edited:
Assuming that you're getting gear in the correct progress for these bosses and fighting them when you should be this is what I believe are the bosses in order of Easiest to Hardest.

King Slime
Eye of Cthulhu
Eater of Worlds
Brain of Cthulhu
Golem
Queen Bee
Wall of Flesh
Skeletron
The Destroyer
Skeletron Prime
Plantera
The Twins
Lunatic Cultist
Duke Fishron

Moon Lord

Put your opinions below.
Well my list does not change from the thread listed below me in my signature, did not realize this thread existed

My previous post on this thread was very low effort and seemed like some meme post, so I will now give an in-depth reveal on all bosses.

I will rank the expert version later, but for right now, I'm finished.

King Slime - Probably one of the weakest boss ever in the game and needs an extreme AI buff. It even deserves its own place on tier lists.
Eye of Cthulhu - A very basic boss. The battle gets very easy once you've got a grasp on how it attacks. Its second phase is even easier since servants don't knock you around.
Eater of Worlds - A boss very satisfying to kill. After some point of progression, you'll only need to stay in a place, wait for it to arrive, and chop its segments off from head to tail, one by one.
Queen Bee - A knock-off as long as its not enraged. The battle may be annoying and a bit unpredictable at times, but the damage input is not very alarming, 'tis but a scratch.
Brain of Cthulhu - A bit challenging, at least for me. The creepers will really throw you off and overwhelm you, and its second phase is just arbitrary, random, and annoying. However, it is still easy with the right setup and strategy.
Skeletron - The only challenge this fight brings is his spin attack, beginning the fight at the right time (right after sunset,) the test of patience, and the requirement of aiming skills. Homing weapons are a huge help.
Wall of Flesh - Piece of cake- I mean flesh; however, the hungry are not something to completely ignore, and it is to say that the Wall of Flesh, overall, is a boss that requires focus, unless you have explosive, homing, or crowd-control weapons. Admit it, we're all thinking of beenading the WOF.
Destroyer - Stop destroyer abuse now. No further comment.
Skeletron Prime - I'd probably write a whole paragraph about how this fight is basically Skeletron on Normal and Journey mode but with extra steps and a higher intimidation factor.
Queen Slime - Not exactly sure yet, but I might update this section later once I have enough experience. However, you'll definitely need to pay attention to Queen Slime's patterns.
Golem - A knockoff 5 dollar robot toy.
Twins - The first boss on Normal/Journey that poses an actual threat/challenge. Having to fight a pair of eyes at the same time is tedious and frustrating, and it's even more frustrating when you cannot outrun the twins; they are very fast and can catch up to you easily. I'd suggest you gear up and prepare carefully or else you'll dread hearing the message "this is going to be a terrible night." Also, melee class is the worst class for this. The twins are nearly impossible with melee without special preparation.
Plantera - One of her phases are pretty annoying depending on the environment and preparations you made. The first phase requires being efficient at dodging as well as paying attention to patterns. You'll also need a large arena for better mobility and space to move around, along with a few block blobs to take cover just in case you are overwhelmed. The end of the first phase is just pure rage and I can only say good luck. The second phase will be very painful unless you are good at mobility and you are fast enough that Plantera can't catch up to you. Crowd-control and debuff-inflicting weapons will both help better your odds.
Empress of Light - She's a bullet hell boss, you'll need to be skilled to take her down unless you tank or cheese her.
Lunatic Cultist - Somewhat poses a challenge, I have mixed feelings on this.
Duke Fishron - From my experiences as a nine-year-old, he's pretty rage-inducing and difficult. Only tanks or people-who-heal-themselves-very-quickly-due-to-proper-healing-setup will disagree. But seriously, I don't suggest fighting him unprepared, especially for the people who can't dodge well.
Moon Lord - A boss that definitely poses a challenge. Sure, it's rage-inducing, but that is the role of every final boss in a game. Beforehand, you'll probably need some potions to help you out, as well as the best gear you think you have. During the battle, you'll need to carefully observe and analyze his attacks. Both of squid boy's hands are synchronized in a repeated pattern, and his eye beam attack will be a challenge to dodge. That's why we farm for rod of discords.

Easy-hard
  1. King slime
  2. Dark Mage
  3. EoC
  4. EoW
  5. Queen bee
  6. BoC
  7. Skeletron
  8. WoF
  9. Queen Slime
  10. Skeletron Prime
  11. The Destroyer