Bosses - Easiest to Hardest

I was wondering if I am just insane or other people actually agree with me about thiss difficulty list for bosses... reading most posts it seems like im just insane so... Please post the difficulty list that you think is right for bosses. (this is vanilla btw)
(the top is the easiest the bottom is the hardest)
Normal mode-
1. Eater of worlds- This boss is just a worm, literally. He does absolutely nothing in normal mode so you just easily kill him with a bow and jester/unholy arrows, A sword thats half decent, a magic staff (or if you are lucky water bolt) or even a snapthorn whip and flinx staff.
2. Skeletron- After you destroy the hands skeletron is out of luck. Of course, in expert this is not the case.
3. Eye of cthulhu- Just dodge his rams and kill the eyes. The eyes drop hearts so all you need is to dodge the attacks well enough that you do not take like 100 damage.
4. King slime- The blue slimes are kinda annoying but everything else about this boss is a total joke.
5. Golem- depends on the golem room, if its big or medium this boss it a joke. If its small it kinda feels like an actual boss. (Also, I am not counting cheese strategies)
6. Brain of cthulhu- Just build a decent arena and get a spear and you are good to go. It's creeper phase is sorta challenging but you can deal with them fast enough.
7. Wall of flesh- Build a bridge and you can sleep on this fight. Dont and its total death.
8. Queen bee- Anoying stingers and charges. the bees really help though, they drop hearts. As long as you have a decent arena (2 platforms in the hive) you can outlast her.
9. Skeletron prime- Easiest mech boss by far. The laser is the only hard part about this fight, so destroy it and just focus on the head.
10. Destroyer- Daedalus stormbow+holy arrows or meteor staff kinda wrecks this boss. If you are doing a class playthrough with melee or summoner, its much harder though.
11. Lunatic cultist- This boss is fragile if you have grinded for good weapons, but if you have not he is really tanky. His attacks are also quite anoying to dodge, so this boss depends on how much time you wanna grind.
12. The twins- This boss is the first actually scary boss. Retinazer's lazers are super accurate and Spatazmatizm's flames deal serious damage. Second phase Retinazer's lasers start spamming and are almost impossible to dodge, and spatazmatizm charges really fast and has an insane cursed spit attack sure to kill you within seconds if you get stuck.
13. Plantera- This boss is almost impossible without a large arena. The first phase is kinda chill besides the bouncy balls (which blend in perfectly with the jungle background) so you just kinda need to run away. Second phase plantera is super fast and has anoying tentacles that are impossible to dodge. I am too lazy to build an arena like many other people, so plantera is insane.
14. Queen slime- Bullet hell death. First phase is kinda chill but second phase? NO. It flies through the air while spitting out TONS of slimes and just kills you in seconds. Not to mention the slam attack. Even the nurse can not survive this insane boss. Oh yeah... this is supposed to be PRE MECH BOSSES.
15. Moon lord- The phantasmal deathray now goes through blocks! It also deals enough damage to take away half your health! Also, dont forget the true eyes of cthulu and the small phantasmal deathrays! No wonder people use the nurse so much, its either that or rod of discord (or both for safety).
(I actually have not fought duke fishron or empress of light)
Note- I will update this list when I fight eol and duke fishron.

Event/Mini bosses (normal mode)-
1. Dark Mage- This mini boss does practically nothing when you fight him. He also has only 500 health, so if you fight him with decent pre hardmode weapons he dies really quickly. Also, his attacks do not even reach the crystal most of the time!
2. Pirate captain- I am actually suprised that this is considered a mini boss, but apparently according to the wiki it is. This mini boss can be killed pretty quickly as well with decent weapons. The reason that he is higher than dark mage is that his rapid-fire attack is annoying.
3. The mimics (corrupt, crimson and hallowed)- These mini bosses have pretty useless attacks that are easily avoidable. Only reason they are not the weakest mini/event boss is that they can spawn naturally and mess you up during farming.
4. Stardust pillar- This pillar has one half-decent enemy. It is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much easier than every other pillar.
5. Flying dutchman- This mini boss literally cheeses itself. The one attack that is ok that it has is the pirate spam attack.
6. Wyvern- the wiki considers this a mini boss so I will as well. This mini boss soars through the air and is fairly hard to kill. It is not a total pushover like the last five.
7. Solar pillar- All you have to do is stand still and spam a weapon. Why do people think this is so hard?
8. Vortex pillar- This pillar has some of the most annoying enemies in the game. It also has the distorted debuff which is 100% the most annoying debuff in the game.
9. Nebula pillar- This pillar is the hardest of the bunch. It has nebula floaters, which has pinpoint accuracy and deals tons of damage. Not to mention evolution beast's homing orbs that do not dissapear even after they die.
10. Ogre- This mini boss is super tanky. It also deals TONS of damage with it's attacks, and one can hit you while flying!
(Not all mini/event bosses are included, as I have not fought them all)

Expert mode (from memory, may not be good since I have not played expert in awhile and only bosses I fought and remember)-
1. Eye of Cthulhu- This boss is really easy as in expert mode you outlast him when he starts crazy-charging you.
2. Skeletron- This boss is really hard as I can not seem to get the circling technique down.
3. The twins- Literally impossible. Retinazer and spatazmatizm now deal more damage and transform earlier while being more accurate and fast.
(Note that I have defeatd eater of worlds, wall of flesh, destroyer and skeletron prime, I just do not remember them well enough to include them)
dude hardest boss in my opinion (i played on that adventure mode with the overpowered stuff) and i can tell that empress of light may as well be hardest THE MOVES R INSANE

dude hardest boss in my opinion (i played on that adventure mode with the overpowered stuff) and i can tell that empress of light may as well be hardest THE MOVES R INSANE
Empress and Duke look chaotic to fight, and they certainly will be your first couple of attempts, but they are both pattern based and memorizable, which means they end up being easier for the player than you’d think (although Empress is still up there, I’d be hard pressed to call her the hardest).

Empress and Duke look chaotic to fight, and they certainly will be your first couple of attempts, but they are both pattern based and memorizable, which means they end up being easier for the player than you’d think (although Empress is still up there, I’d be hard pressed to call her the hardest).
Sooo i need to fight two noobtraps. Great.

Easy to hard (mostly based on how frequently I die to them and have to resummon/refight):

1. King Slime. (Probably only easy because I vastly overprepare with 20 heart crystals, two rows of platforms and ranged weapons and mobility accessories)
2. Skeletron (just use a featherfall potion and loop around).
3. Everscream
4. Ogre (OOA Tier 2). You get so many weapons around now that are great against slow-moving giant targets.
5. Eye of Cthulhu
6. Flying Dutchman
7. Everscream Lunatic Cultist (if you do the game 'in order' you have stuff from Fishron, Betsy, and Empress of Light now and the best armor available. Not a problem at all)
8. Dark Mage (OOA Tier 1) (I've died a couple of times from his magic bolt in Master Mode)
9. Skeletron Prime
10. Eye of Cthulhu
11. Destroyer (In my last game he kept getting up onto my platforms, even up in space, so I had to fight him in the open)
12. Duke Fishron (I always fly in diagonal directions and then go to the top of the map and fall for the 3rd stage)
13. Golem (I always get really little temple rooms for some reason)
14. Wall of Flesh
15. Pumpking (This one and ice queen can kill you but you get more chances after respawning)
16. Ice Queen
17. Eater of Worlds (much easier in normal mode or even Expert when you have enough defense for it not to hurt you and offense to kill it as it attacks. Would put it at 6 or 7 in those modes)
18. Queen Bee
19. Twins
20. Mourning Wood
21. Martian Saucer
22. Brain of Cthulhu (for some reason I'll die against it over and over until I change the arena or add another potion and it suddenly works)
23. Queen Slime (the bouncy balls are a lot harder for me to adapt to than the mechanical bosses)
24. Empress of Light (night time only)
25. Santa-NK1 (died so many times in Master Mode. Even with respawning I've lost hours from 1 tank)
26. Betsy
27. Plantera (I've died more to Plantera than any other boss, usually from being lazy and not making the arena or tunnel big enough)
28. Moon Lord. The only reason I haven't died more times than Plantera is because it's harder to spawn this boss. I have abandoned some playthroughs for months after beating everything else but Moon Lord and dying to him 5 times in a row.

Last edited:
Assuming that you're getting gear in the correct progress for these bosses and fighting them when you should be this is what I believe are the bosses in order of Easiest to Hardest.

King Slime
Eye of Cthulhu
Eater of Worlds
Brain of Cthulhu
Golem
Queen Bee
Wall of Flesh
Skeletron
The Destroyer
Skeletron Prime
Plantera
The Twins
Lunatic Cultist
Duke Fishron

Moon Lord

Put your opinions below.
I will only put king slime to plantera

Eye of Cthulhu
Eater of Worlds
King Slime
Queen Bee
Wall of Flesh
Skeletron
Skeletron Prime
Queen Slime
The Destroyer
The Twins
Plantera (AHHHHHHHHHH! Sorry, Plantera is way too hard)

There is my list from easiest to hardest
Though I do think Wall of Flesh is really easy with a perfect flat arena to run across the entire way throwing beenades.

Eye of cthulhu
King slime
Brain of cthulhu
Queen bee
Skeletron
Wall of flesh
The destroyer
Skeletron prime
Golem
Queen slime
The twins
Plantera
Lunatic cultist
Empress of light
Moon lord
Duke fishron

Duke Fishron is pain in Expert and Master mode, especially if you're the kind to kill him before Plantera....I think I've spent over 20 hours trying to do so on a single expert mode character and have yet to succeed. It's really just that third phase that is absolutely goated. Make a single mistake and you die, now you have to prepare your ammo and potions for the next half hour before you attempt it again...

I was wondering if I am just insane or other people actually agree with me about this difficulty list for bosses... reading most posts it seems like im just insane so... Please post the difficulty list that you think is right for bosses. (this is vanilla btw)
(the top is the easiest the bottom is the hardest)
Normal mode-
1. Eater of worlds- This boss is just a worm, literally. He does absolutely nothing in normal mode so you just easily kill him with a bow and jester/unholy arrows, A sword that's half decent, a magic staff (or if you are lucky water bolt) or even a snapthorn whip and flinx staff.
2. Skeletron- After you destroy the hands skeletron is out of luck. Of course, in expert this is not the case.
3. Eye of cthulhu- Just dodge his rams and kill the eyes. The eyes drop hearts so all you need is to dodge the attacks well enough that you do not take like 100 damage.
4. King slime- The blue slimes are kinda annoying but everything else about this boss is a total joke.
5. Golem- depends on the golem room, if its big or medium this boss i a joke. If its small it kinda feels like an actual boss. (Also, I am not counting cheese strategies)
6. Brain of cthulhu- Just build a decent arena and get a spear and you are good to go. It's creeper phase is sorta challenging but you can deal with them fast enough.
7. Wall of flesh- Build a bridge and you can sleep on this fight. Don't and its total death.
8. Queen bee- Annoying stingers and charges. the bees really help though, they drop hearts. As long as you have a decent arena (2 platforms in the hive) you can outlast her.
9. Skeletron prime- Easiest mech boss by far. The laser is the only hard part about this fight, so destroys it and just focus on the head.
10. Destroyer- Daedalus stormbow+holy arrows or meteor staff kinda wrecks this boss. If you are doing a class playthrough with melee or summoner, its much harder though.
11. Lunatic cultist- This boss is fragile if you have grinded for good weapons, but if you have not he is really tanky. His attacks are also quite annoying to dodge, so this boss depends on how much time you wanna grind.
12. The twins- This boss is the first actually scary boss. Retinazer's lazers are super accurate and Spatazmatizm's flames deal serious damage. Second phase Retinazer's lasers start spamming and are almost impossible to dodge, and spatazmatizm charges really fast and has an insane cursed spit attack sure to kill you within seconds if you get stuck.
13. Plantera- This boss is almost impossible without a large arena. The first phase is kinda chill besides the bouncy balls (which blend in perfectly with the jungle background) so you just kinda need to run away. Second phase plantera is super fast and has annoying tentacles that are impossible to dodge. I am too lazy to build an arena like many other people, so plantera is insane.
14. Queen slime- Bullet hell death. First phase is kinda chill but second phase? NO. It flies through the air while spitting out TONS of slimes and just kills you in seconds. Not to mention the slam attack. Even the nurse can not survive this insane boss. Oh yeah... this is supposed to be PRE MECH BOSSES.
15. Moon lord- The phantasmal deathray now goes through blocks! It also deals enough damage to take away half your health! Also, don't forget the true eyes of cthulu and the small phantasmal deathrays! No wonder people use the nurse so much, its either that or rod of discord (or both for safety).
(I actually have not fought duke fishron or empress of light)
Note- I will update this list when I fight eol and duke fishron.

Event/Mini bosses (normal mode)-
1. Dark Mage- This mini boss does practically nothing when you fight him. He also has only 500 health, so if you fight him with decent pre hardmode weapons he dies really quickly. Also, his attacks do not even reach the crystal most of the time!
2. Pirate captain- I am actually suprised that this is considered a mini boss, but apparently according to the wiki it is. This mini boss can be killed pretty quickly as well with decent weapons. The reason that he is higher than dark mage is that his rapid-fire attack is annoying.
3. The mimics (corrupt, crimson and hallowed)- These mini bosses have pretty useless attacks that are easily avoidable. Only reason they are not the weakest mini/event boss is that they can spawn naturally and mess you up during farming.
4. Stardust pillar- This pillar has one half-decent enemy. It is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much easier than every other pillar.
5. Flying dutchman- This mini boss literally cheeses itself. The one attack that is ok that it has is the pirate spam attack.
6. Wyvern- the wiki considers this a mini boss so I will as well. This mini boss soars through the air and is fairly hard to kill. It is not a total pushover like the last five.
7. Solar pillar- All you have to do is stand still and spam a weapon. Why do people think this is so hard?
8. Vortex pillar- This pillar has some of the most annoying enemies in the game. It also has the distorted debuff which is 100% the most annoying debuff in the game.
9. Nebula pillar- This pillar is the hardest of the bunch. It has nebula floaters, which has pinpoint accuracy and deals tons of damage. Not to mention evolution beast's homing orbs that do not dissapear even after they die.
10. Ogre- This mini boss is super tanky. It also deals TONS of damage with it's attacks, and one can hit you while flying!
(Not all mini/event bosses are included, as I have not fought them all)

Expert mode (from memory, may not be good since I have not played expert in awhile and only bosses I fought and remember)-
1. Eye of Cthulhu- This boss is really easy as in expert mode you outlast him when he starts crazy-charging you.
2. Skeletron- This boss is really hard as I can not seem to get the circling technique down.
3. The twins- Literally impossible. Retinazer and spatazmatizm now deal more damage and transform earlier while being more accurate and fast.
(Note that I have defeatd eater of worlds, wall of flesh, destroyer and skeletron prime, I just do not remember them well enough to include them)

Hello @Terrariapro100

Your Thread is similar to an already existing thread regarding boss difficulty. Because we have a policy against duplicate threads in general and try to keep similar thread topics within one thread, I have merged your thread into the similar existing thread with discussing boss difficulty with the easiest and hardest bosses.

Why does everyone say the moon lords the hardest??
Because it is undoubtedly you cheese bosses all the time whereas most people in this forum including me fight things legitimately. Also have fun attempting to cheese it in 1.4.1 now because his Phantasmal death ray can penetrate blocks and could even instal destroy your nurse AND can teleport to you when you teleport to far

Assuming that you're getting gear in the correct progress for these bosses and fighting them when you should be this is what I believe are the bosses in order of Easiest to Hardest.

King Slime
Eye of Cthulhu
Eater of Worlds
Brain of Cthulhu
Golem
Queen Bee
Wall of Flesh
Skeletron
The Destroyer
Skeletron Prime
Plantera
The Twins
Lunatic Cultist
Duke Fishron

Moon Lord

Put your opinions below.
[Very easy]
King Slime
Eater of World and Brain Of Ctulhu
eye of ctulhu
[easy]
Golem
The Twins
Skeletron Prime
Lunatic cultist
[Medium]
Queen Bee
Destroyer
Wall of flesh
[Hard]
Skeletron
Queen of slime
[I HATE IT]
Plantera
Duke Fishron
Impress of light
Moonlord

no like, I cannot stay out of Spaz's flame breath no matter what i do
Yeah on PC it’s much, much, easier to keep out of due to spaz being unable to surprise attack you from offscreen with it. The range is actually quite small if you can see it coming.

Back
Top Bottom