Bosses - Easiest to Hardest

I'm really glad that I don't have Moonlord
I wouldn't even be able to see the whole boss
i'd die from the laser I didn't even see charging up so many times.

moon lord is to easy on normal mode. just build in a little box where you and the nurse are so she cant escape. and ask her for healing whenever so you dont have to chase her down lmao

moon lord is to easy on normal mode. just build in a little box where you and the nurse are so she cant escape. and ask her for healing whenever so you dont have to chase her down lmao
That’s in 1.3, in the 1.4 update moon lord’s attacks all go through blocks.
Normal mode still really easy without cheese

also minor spelling mistake i win/ j

He's one of the worst-designed and most unfair bosses in the game when fought normally; I fully support anyone who uses lame strats on him.
in what way is he badly designed? or is it skill issue? if you have trouble beating him then use cheese strats, but dont normalise it

in what way is he badly designed? or is it skill issue? if you have trouble beating him then use cheese strats, but dont normalise it
His first phase is actually almost decent: Phantasmal Deathray has just the right amount of threat while still being completely fair, his Phantasmal Bolts have smart aiming which forces you to mix it up a bit once they're fired, Phantasmal Spheres are... there, the only problem being that Phantasmal Eyes force constant kiting which tends to be pretty boring and also shuts down a lot of closer-ranged strategies (and also prevents being able to see where and when he creates the row of Phantasmal Spheres). It's almost good, and I genuinely don't hate this part of the bossfight.

Once you kill each of his eyes though, :red: hits the fan and now you have three desynced entities all firing different attacks at different times, creating an tsunami of projectiles, including an extremely high-damage laser that sweeps across the entire screen, which you won't ever see the telegraph for because it won't ever be ON your screen, as constantly running away is the only way to avoid being completely engulfed in the hurricane of teal nonsense created by the rest of the eyes' attacks. It's the same problem as first phase but with nothing that actually works. Learning and mastering the different attacks (which worked in the first phase since each one was for the most part isolated) means nothing now as each attack is only a small part of a hailstorm of projectiles.

Also, immediately assuming the other person is terrible at the game instead of asking them WHY they have a problem with something isn't a very productive way to start a discussion. It immediately creates animosity, which is counter to the goal of the conversation.

Finally, think about what you've just said: "If you have trouble beating him, use cheese strats..." Recommending someone use a lame strategy to beat a boss they're not having fun with is about as telling as it gets when it comes to symptoms of bad design. Instead of telling someone how they should be fighting something to make it an fair matchup, you recommend that they use a strategy that removes all difficulty from the fight. That sounds like the opposite of a fun, well-made boss. And for the record, I know how to beat this boss, my problem with it isn't that it's hard, it's that it's poorly-crafted.

Last edited:
His first phase is actually almost decent: Phantasmal Deathray has just the right amount of threat while still being completely fair, his Phantasmal Bolts have smart aiming which forces you to mix it up a bit once they're fired, Phantasmal Spheres are... there, the only problem being that Phantasmal Eyes force constant kiting which tends to be pretty boring and also shuts down a lot of closer-ranged strategies (and also prevents being able to see where and when he creates the row of Phantasmal Spheres). It's almost good, and I genuinely don't hate this part of the bossfight.

Once you kill each of his eyes though, :red: hits the fan and now you have three desynced entities all firing different attacks at different times, creating an tsunami of projectiles, including an extremely high-damage laser that sweeps across the entire screen, which you won't ever see the telegraph for because it won't ever be ON your screen, as constantly running away is the only way to avoid being completely engulfed in the hurricane of teal nonsense created by the rest of the eyes' attacks. It's the same problem as first phase but with nothing that actually works. Learning and mastering the different attacks (which worked in the first phase since each one was for the most part isolated) means nothing now as each attack is only a small part of a hailstorm of projectiles.

Also, immediately assuming the other person is terrible at the game instead of asking them WHY they have a problem with something isn't a very productive way to start a discussion. It immediately creates animosity, which is counter to the goal of the conversation.

Finally, think about what you've just said: "If you have trouble beating him, use cheese strats..." Recommending someone use a lame strategy to beat a boss they're not having fun with is about as telling as it gets when it comes to symptoms of bad design. Instead of telling someone how they should be fighting something to make it an fair matchup, you recommend that they use a strategy that removes all difficulty from the fight. That sounds like the opposite of a fun, well-made boss. And for the record, I know how to beat this boss, my problem with it isn't that it's hard, it's that it's poorly crafted.
Well, I don't have any problem if you cannot beat him, and if you need cheese strats to kill him at first to even the fight, I am all for it. just learn the patterns and don't normalise it (strive to improve at the fight and not rely on the cheese) That was my point in my original post, no animosity intended. ( skill issue doesn't mean you are garbage at the game, it just means you struggle at certain aspects). I do understand I could have worded it better.

In the case of moon lord, (in my opinion) the eye attack in the first phase is somewhat easy to dodge as they attack in a set direction, usually being down. The phantasmal blasts from his hands in the first phase can be dodged as they are fixed in trajectory and are narrow. The volley of other projectiles the hands release can be difficult to dodge as especially if you are trying to get close, you will be in the immediate blast radius. The phantasmal deathray is probably the hardest to dodge with the variable of wing capacity, as you might run out of flight needed to go around his top eye from dodging previous attacks.

The second phase (In My Opinion) Is easier than first, the eyes are disjointed but usually keep their distance. The eye attack from the first phase is gone and is replaced with this dashing attack by them. These are pretty easy to see on the screen (as they take up much room) and can easily be dodged as they come towards you without paying too much attention. The phantasmal blasts are easily dodged as stated before, and the volley is easy to dodge as you are not getting close to the eyes, but are rather attacking the defenseless core.

Overall, I think the boss is fittingly chaotic for the first phase but lays off the heat in the second phase to reward you for beating the first.

well king slime is easy if you run away from him and if you use bees knees its no competition even without armor hes easy with bees knees. how I took him out

no the queen bee was the first boss I ever killed in terraria than eye of cthulu and king slime and than skeletron than wof
Okay, but that isn’t intended progression

According to the wiki
This is intended
F3A9BE36-A315-44A3-B1CD-157D9FBD2754.jpeg
And for good reason
King slime has 2,000 hp, has no projectiles, and cant go thru blocks / fly
And queen bee has 3,400 hp, has projectiles, and can fly thru blocks

Back
Top Bottom