Bosses - Easiest to Hardest

In the case of moon lord, (in my opinion) the eye attack in the first phase is somewhat easy to dodge as they attack in a set direction, usually being down. The phantasmal blasts from his hands in the first phase can be dodged as they are fixed in trajectory and are narrow. The volley of other projectiles the hands release can be difficult to dodge as especially if you are trying to get close, you will be in the immediate blast radius. The phantasmal deathray is probably the hardest to dodge with the variable of wing capacity, as you might run out of flight needed to go around his top eye from dodging previous attacks.

The second phase (In My Opinion) Is easier than first, the eyes are disjointed but usually keep their distance. The eye attack from the first phase is gone and is replaced with this dashing attack by them. These are pretty easy to see on the screen (as they take up much room) and can easily be dodged as they come towards you without paying too much attention. The phantasmal blasts are easily dodged as stated before, and the volley is easy to dodge as you are not getting close to the eyes, but are rather attacking the defenseless core.

Overall, I think the boss is fittingly chaotic for the first phase but lays off the heat in the second phase to reward you for beating the first.
"Easy to dodge" doesn't necessarily mean it's well-designed. King Slime is pretty darn easy to dodge but all you need to do in order to avoid his "attacks" is just walk away from him and shoot back, which doesn't usually make for a very engaging experience.

First Phase Moon Lord almost works, as I've already said, the only problem is that you MUST kite him since being close to him usually means being taking unavoidable damage from the swarms of Phantasmal eyes; It shuts down a ton of close-ranged strategies (Starlight, Whips, etc). It's not the worst problem in the world to have but it's not a very good one either.

Second phase though, nothing here works whatsoever. You MUST kite him due to the number of projectiles he spawns but running away from them means you can't see the True Eyes charge up their deathray, which will become completely unavoidable since they sweep across the whole screen unless you are close to them, which again, you won't be close to them because you have to keep your distance to avoid drowning in everything else the eyes are firing. It's a phase that forces you to run away and then punishes you for doing so. UNLESS, you run SO far away that the lasers run out of range, at which point nothing can hit you and the fight is essentially already won.

It becomes the same problem as King Slime: not very intense or engaging: all you're doing is just running in one direction and the boss can't do anything about it. A bossfight shouldn't get easier as it goes on, it shouldn't lose the engagement of the players the longer they fight it. The "reward" for beating the first phase is that you are closer to reaching the end, not that the fight ends halfway through.

Last edited:
golem is actually a hard boss when u get a small fighting room in master mode and you are ranger class.

In my opinion, boss difficulty is different for each class. For example, the mechanical bosses are very easy for the ranger class, but can be harder for the other classes.

golem is ez normal through expert
Actually, I’ve had trouble fighting golem, and therefore
754FDEB2-C951-493F-966C-79D6D2253CF9.jpeg

ok, first, rude, second, i did in fact join the conversation a while ago when I said that golem is difficult on a small screen, so do please cease and desist.

King Slime - Ever since I found a AMAZING strategy all by myself when I was trying Master Mode a second time (which I ended up beating finally, thankfully!), King Slime's been even easier ever since then! The strategy involves a Grappling hook and at least one long floor of platforms above the ground, high enough that he can't jump onto them, but low enough for you to still see him. When he teleports onto the platform, you fall down it so he falls back down on the ground, and then grapple up back onto the platform before you land on the ground/swarm of slimes and repeat.

Eye of Cthulhu - I've also similarly gotten even better at EoC too, through lots of playing modded Terraria! When he does his fast Expert/Master dashes, there's a point where he dashes diagonally downwards. I find that a really good time to do another dash to go past him while attacking him. You will know what I mean the more you fight him. It's something you pick up on eventually.

Eater of Worlds - Super ez with Minishark. I never used to do ranged, but recently, I've been taking a loving to rapid guns in Terraria. Minishark which I usually get early on in the game alongside unlimited musket bullets thanks to QoL mods, is so SATISFYING to use on him. Other then that, I've gotten way better at fighting him and dodging the vile spits over time. I always fight him on the surface Corruption on a arena/platforms.

Brain of Cthulhu - I never fight him on tier since I always prefer Corruption over Crimson and EoW over BoC. He does seem to get me a bit nervous with the creepers and teleporting into or right next to me alot of times, but phase 2 isn't too bad as long as you have something that can knock him away from you. If you don't, rip.

Queen Bee - I find her hard honestly, if only because she enrages if brought to the surface Jungle. I'm more used to fighting with lots of space, opposed to fighting with small to no space.

Skeletron - I find him so easy nowdays. I never die to him at all from how good I've gotten at the game. All you gotta do is dash and fly (with Rocket Boots) around him in a circular pattern. When he starts shooting the homing skulls, you still go around him in a circle, and his spinning is so slow and easy to run from. If you really want something to rage at, fight him in Eternity Mode. He regens 50 HP when at 1 HP and gains Dungeon Guardian mode, going very fast!

Deerclops - Since I fought him for the first time awhile back on my first successful Master Mode run, he is still a bit difficult for me, but I seem to have gotten more used to his attacks after my Master Mode playthrough.

Wall of Flesh - Way easier than in the past for me. I usually fight him on a set of two platforms nowdays, ala the Double Obsidian Instabridge from Fargo's Mutant Mod. I always bring Starcannon with Unlimited Fallen Stars with me, which literally SHREDS through the WoF. I do like the mechanic how the eyes have the lowest amount of defense, being the better target than the mouth.

Queen Slime - I FRICKIN' HATE QUEEN SLIME! I always find her so damn difficult, if only because of those STUPID CRYSTAL SLIMES that shoot small projectiles from SO FAR AWAY. Even with the strategy I use of using Gravitation Potion for Phase 2, she is still so damn difficult for me honestly!

The Twins - My favorite boss x3 While I may have gotten good at them from over time, awhile back, it started changing for me from Phase 2 Spazmatism being the hardest, to Phase 2 Retinazer being the hardest, for some sick reason! The strategy for Phase 2 Retinazer that I learned from myself again is to run away for the first to third or fourth (if your feeling like it) laser, and then you fly around him in a circular pattern, which is when he shoots the really fast rapid laser shots before he repeats his attack pattern with the four slow lasers.

The Destroyer - Just like Retinazer, the Destroyer used to not be so difficult for me long ago, but for some weird reason, he got harder for me. The millions of lasers he shoots from his segments are so CRAZY IMPOSSIBLE TO DODGE ALL OF THEM! And if your doing crazy damage to him with something like the Super Star Shooter, the Probes will make you remember their name when they swarm you with MORE LASERS TO ADD TO THE DESTROYER'S OWN LASERS!

Skeletron Prime - Skeletron Prime isn't too bad for me. I just have to circle fly around him with the Jetpack, and he isn't too much of a problem. In the No Immunity Master Mode playthrough I did a few days back though, he was A NIGHTMARE!!

Plantera: The Bane of my Existance - Oh BOY, lemme tell you HOW MUCH PANIC ATTACKS PLANTERA PHASE 2 GIVES ME! Phase 1 isn't too bad if you circle fly around her, but Phase 2 is what truly takes the cake. The overload of tentacles, along with how fast she goes after you when you fly upwards or go/fall downwards, is so CRAZY that it makes it very stressful to dodge her!

Golem - Golem isn't too bad for me. I always create 1 or 2 rows of platforms way above him in the Altar room in the Temple. The fireballs along with the rapid lasers he does fast before going into Phase 2 can sometimes make me panic a bit, but Phase 2 isn't too bad. Sometimes I fly over him by flying under the body when it jumps in Phase 2.

Duke Fishron - This is usually when I take him on, at least nowdays. Like I said in my thread I made on what you guys think about him difficulty wise, I don't find him as hard anymore. He can still sometimes surprise kill me in the last phase, though I have a very good understanding on him now and got way better than in the past.

Empress of Light - I usually take her on as soon as I get Fishron Wings. She is a interesting topic though. I obviously always take her on in the battle during Night at first, to get the Soaring Insignia for unlimited flight. After that, I then take her on in Daytime, which is really panic inducing, but I have somehow ended up beating her in my Master Mode playthrough during Daytime, after I got the Nebula Blaze from the Nebula Pillar. I died about like 6 times, but eventually beat her during daytime, and BOY DID IT FEEL GOOD TO GET TERRAPRISMA! (I'm usually Mixed Class, with a lean towards Ranged and/or Mage. I like to have a summon out for some extra damage, because that's smart thinking!)

Lunatic Cultist - Need I say anymore? I don't even break a sweat in his battle. I bet you I could even do a No Hit of him maybe! For the Dragon, you just need to trick it to fly up when it gets close to you, and then go downwards. That's also what I do when dealing with Wyverns.

Solar Pillar - The Solar Pillar can KISS MY :red:. I always hated it so much! The most annoying ENEMIES in my opinion for the Solar Pillar are the Corites and Srollers! Those :red:s are what make it so hard staying on the ground, and we all know what happens if you go above. Crawltipede. I find it easier honestly, with either FIshron Wings or Empress Wings, to fly in a circular motion or straight up fly diagonally away from it, while shooting the Crawltipede. If your wings are good enough, you will outspeed it and kill it eventually. For a few seconds when you kill it, you have peace from the Crawltipedes and can take out some of the other enemies with ease from on your platforms, until the next Crawltipede spawns in, which you will have to kite it again.

Nebula Pillar - The Nebula Pillar is almost as evil as the Solar Pillar! I hate those stupid Brain Floaties that teleport and shoot at you! They were always a nuisance for me! The other enemies aren't as hard for me though.

Vortex Pillar - While I rarely die to it nowdays, the shots that inflict you with the floating out of control debuff can be annoying. When that happens, I fly straight to the left or right, away from the flying enemies, until its gone the debuff.

Stardust Pillar - A joke really. Though the Flow Invaders can be annoying with the fact they shoot a certain amount of projectiles upon death, depending on how much of the lil' guys they have surrounding them. The Star Cells can also be annoying, if you don't have a weapon that can kill them fast before they re-multiply.

Moon Lord - I never would have thought in a million years that I would eventually get good at fighting Moon Lord! He was always so hard that I had to rely on the Mechanical Minecart Strategy! But the more modded I played, the more good I got at the game. Now I can do him pretty easily with good wings and either a set of platforms in 1.4, or a Asphalt Bridge runaway in 1.3 or in 1.4 if I'm feeling nervous for him. The only annoying part that can kill me still sometimes, are the True Eyes. I used to struggle with Moon Lords Phantasmal Deathray, but I never have a problem with that part of the fight anymore! It really goes to show that the more you do something, the more you are bound to get even better at it! x3

This was so much fun to make! I had fun writing my descriptions for all of the bosses! x3

Ocram - I've battled him a few times in the 3DS version, so I'l include him here. This guy's arsenal is :red:ing insane, especially in the second phase with the 15-20 demon scythes getting shot at you, then lasers being spammed (like actually spammed, like you cant dodge it you have to go across a wall) and that going back and forth. He also likes to get very close to you, so you can never take cover from his Russian arsenal of lethal sickles.
"Finally someone gives me some RESPECT!"
Yeah I don't understand why most people think that he's 'easy'
when the only thing they've played with him in it is Consolaria, which sucks.

"Finally someone gives me some RESPECT!"
Yeah I don't understand why most people think that he's 'easy'
when the only thing they've played with him in it is Consolaria, which sucks.
Yeah, I feel like most people either haven't battled him (since he was removed from the main versions a very long time ago), or they just say he's easy without actually battling him lmao :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom