NPCs & Enemies Bosses should drop per player loot in normal mode

Ganpan14O

Terrarian
I've been trying to do a multiplayer playthrough with my friends who are new to Terraria but we need per player loot and are forced to play expert mode even though they're new to the game, which even with being cheaty and having everyone log in last second so the boss doesn't get extra heath is too difficult, bosses need to drop per player loot regardless of difficulty so that people who are new and want to do multiplayer don't have to choose between a harder time or more grind just to get drops for everyone.

i agree. i also think boss health should also scale with the amount of players (unless it already does and i just haven’t noticed)

I was assuming this already existed. Now I'm starting to see why Terraria is TOTALLY not a complete game, and it doesn't deserve to stop being updated here. The Devs can't say this is the Journey's End and nothing more.

I was assuming this already existed. Now I'm starting to see why Terraria is TOTALLY not a complete game, and it doesn't deserve to stop being updated here. The Devs can't say this is the Journey's End and nothing more.
Well I wouldn't go THAT far, but this is definitely a good idea.
And plus, the team is working on 1.4.4 so there's still a chance for something like this.

How would you exploit it in a way that you somehow can't in Expert/Master?
I’m normal mode they do not drop bags, but instead drop just their regular items, which help you progress in game. I can see this being exploited through just giving all of the duplicate loot from other players to just one guy, letting them get more resources then they should have from fighting the boss once. Also, what about item drops that don’t have 100% drop rate? Would they duplicate the normally rare items, and give people too many of said items, and if it was separate chances for each player to get said item, then I could see people using that to get four times the chance to get a rare item.

I’m normal mode they do not drop bags, but instead drop just their regular items, which help you progress in game. I can see this being exploited through just giving all of the duplicate loot from other players to just one guy, letting them get more resources then they should have from fighting the boss once. Also, what about item drops that don’t have 100% drop rate? Would they duplicate the normally rare items, and give people too many of said items, and if it was separate chances for each player to get said item, then I could see people using that to get four times the chance to get a rare item.
I still don't really get the point, considering that the rewards from bosses are actually in HIGHER quantity in expert mode and beyond. All of the things you're saying here are possible in game right now

I still don't really get the point, considering that the rewards from bosses are actually in HIGHER quantity in expert mode and beyond. All of the things you're saying here are possible in game right now
They are higher quantity in expert mode because the boss are harder there. You shouldn’t multiply the amount of loot a boss when the boss actually becomes easier when you fight co-op

Moosh, the way I see it, if everyone in a server has proven they can beat a boss, they all can get the reward. You've accomplished the thing, you can move on. Especially with bosses much more annoying to summon, like Plantera and the Moon Lord. Forcing a group of 4 to beat a boss 4 times for everyone to get loot (Let alone the amount of times to get everyone the loot they want) isn't fun, it's just grindy.

Moosh, the way I see it, if everyone in a server has proven they can beat a boss, they all can get the reward. You've accomplished the thing, you can move on. Especially with bosses much more annoying to summon, like Plantera and the Moon Lord. Forcing a group of 4 to beat a boss 4 times for everyone to get loot (Let alone the amount of times to get everyone the loot they want) isn't fun, it's just grindy.
And its even worse if a boss drops some sort of material (like moon lord or the mechs), because in the same scenario you present you'd have to fight the boss enough times for everybody to craft what they want

Back
Top Bottom