Items Bottomless Buckets

ClaireValle

Steampunker
Bottomless Water Bucket, along with the Super Absorbant Sponge, was basically the best thing ever for those builders that wanted to make underwater buildings or just big bodies of water. But there's still something missing...

L8od9ji.png
Bottomless Lava Bucket and Bottomless Honey Bucket!
UPMOeLV.png

They would function exactly as you would expect, being the infinite version of either the lava bucket or the honey bucket. They would be made for building purposes, but you can still use them while adventuring.

Instead of giving you the
Bottomless_Water_Bucket.png
Bottomless water bucket or the
Super_Absorbant_Sponge.png
Super absorbant sponge, the angler would now have a 1/30 chance to give you the
Ws1QNdZ.png
Bottomless Bucket. This item would replace the sponge and work like a buffed up version of it, as it would not only absorb water, but also lava and honey. All the existing sponges in a world would be replaced by the bucket.
This item would also work as a material, being used for the other three bottomless buckets. How would you craft them? The same way you craft the waterfall-like blocks and walls: At both the
Crystal_Ball.png
Crystal ball and a liquid block at the same time.

Ws1QNdZ.png
Bottomless Bucket

+2 Range
Max stack: 1
Capable of soaking an endless amount of liquid

Uncraftable. Angler's reward (1/30 chance)

Bottomless_Water_Bucket.png
Bottomless Water Bucket

+2 Range
Contains an endless amount of water

Crafting recipe:
Ws1QNdZ.png
1 Bottomless Bucket at
Crystal_Ball.png
Crystal Ball +
Animated_water.gif
Water

L8od9ji.png
Bottomless Lava Bucket

+2 Range
Contains an endless amount of lava

Crafting recipe:
Ws1QNdZ.png
1 Bottomless Bucket at
Crystal_Ball.png
Crystal Ball +
Lava.png
Lava

UPMOeLV.png
Bottomless Honey Bucket

+2 Range

Contains an endless amount of honey
Crafting recipe:
Ws1QNdZ.png
1 Bottomless Bucket at
Crystal_Ball.png
Crystal Ball +
Bottled_Honey.png
Honey
(Couldn't find an image for the liquid so have a bottle instead)

And that's my idea! Tell me what you guys think of it, feedback is really appreciated!

Special thanks to @MegaMage314 for helping with ideas on the bottomless bucket!

Last edited:
You know what's fun? Creating a hellevator on the east/west most side of the world quietly, putting miles of wiring over there, linking an inlet and outlet pump from the lava in hell all the way to the top of a world, and clicking ACTIVATE. Flooding the world with lava. FUN!

1. It is not OP as it is early hardmode, so you cannot get it in pre hardmode.
2. This would take FORVER to flood a server.
3. Obsidian skin potion

1. Not OP as it's early hardmode? Dude, hardmode is the main part of playthrough. This is actually why "pre-hardmode" isn't called "Normalmode" or something. Also, inventory editors.
2. This would take forever? Just run around like an idiot and place random lava. Remember, you have unlimited supply of it.
3. So people will have to constantly use obsidian skin pots?

OP as hell. I see servers flooded with lava (or abuse of lava buckets in PVP). -146% support.
If I remember correctly, servers can ban specific items so they aren't abused. Yes, I know it seems OP, but I made this suggestion for building purposes. Still thank you for your opinion, I didn't think about it being used in PvP

How can you even abuse lava buckets in pvp? An item that slightly lags on a server, requires you to be within a few tiles of the person you're attacking, and is completely invalidated by anything in the Lava Wader tree seems dumb. Not to mention a flat 80DPS is nothing compared to like, any other hardmode weapon.

Honestly this isn't a bad idea... except you don't need tons and tons of lava or honey for fishing quests... you just need water in different biomes at different levels. All of the neat little things they added thus far are to make it so that creating artificial lakes is a lot easier once you obtain them.

Admittedly I'm not against the idea since you can dupe lava and honey the same as water it just takes more time.

I doubt anyone would use it in PvP but people might use it to grief.

Still, why not just have the fisherman give the already-made infinite lava/honey buckets as rewards too?

Or better yet, have it just be an "infinite bucket" and right-clicking would change the liquid inside.

Also, the sponge should absorb all 3 liquids if these other 2 infinite buckets are made.

I added the sprites for the lava and honey buckets. I was also thinking about making an Obsidian Sponge and a Plant Fiber Sponge to absorb the lava and honey, but at the end i decided to just buff the actual Super Absorbant Sponge.

Thanks everyone for the feedback, either negative or possitive, I really appreciate it!

Definitely something I'd use, it would allow building in an easier way. Not to mention, liquids can already be duplicated, but this would give a handy method to do so.

1. Not OP as it's early hardmode? Dude, hardmode is the main part of playthrough. This is actually why "pre-hardmode" isn't called "Normalmode" or something. Also, inventory editors.
2. This would take forever? Just run around like an idiot and place random lava. Remember, you have unlimited supply of it.
You know, if someone wanted to grief a server and they could do whatever they wanted, they could cause far more damage than that with the tools already in the game.

I just had a thought, maybe instead of being just a crafting material, the bottomless empty bucket could remove liquids and replace the super absorbant sponge.

Actually, here's a sponge sprite. I also think I figured out how to shade yellow...
View attachment 65612
Nice sprite! I could apply the same thing that I did with the bottomless bucket, this being the material for the ideas I have.

I just had a thought, maybe instead of being just a crafting material, the bottomless empty bucket could remove liquids and replace the super absorbant sponge.
This is actually a pretty good idea! A sponge absorbing lava seems a bit weird, this is one way to fix it.
I'll add it to the suggestion.

Completely agree with this.

I LOVE how the Bottomless Water Bucket allows me to easily created walkways of obsidian over the lava pits all across hell.

I would love having a Bottomless Lava Bucket to do the same thing with the Ocean.

This is actually why "pre-hardmode" isn't called "Normalmode" or something.
I call it Normalmode.

1. It cannot be used on pvp, most of the servers is protected
2. The worlds are reseted constantly on servers, so all grief will be deleted
3. don't is needed obsidian skin potions, only don't leave server's spawn

Back
Top Bottom