NPCs & Enemies Brain of Cthulhu’s second phase needs some adjustment.

FalloutGuy645

Terrarian
The Brain of Cthulhu has such a cool and unique second phase (the brain’s second phase not the second phase of the entire fight) and it’s just a shame it can easily be countered by looking at the minimap during his second phase. Removing the boss icon, or alternatively, having four BoC boss icons on the map gives the threat of his second phase like it was intended.

To add on to this, any other affects (bone javelins, slime gun, etc.) that can easily give away the real brain should also be adjusted to where it can’t. (I.e., the bone javelins that were once sticking out of the real brain will disappear once he vanishes and creates new illusions).

Any opinions?

I completely agree. While there are scientifically lots of ways to make something invisible be visible, it kind of takes the fun out of it. In one animated Batman episode, the invisible man had a special design in his suit so that dust and particulate matter would get burnt off into ash and be gone.

I mean, I feel there would be a lot of backlash for this. Maybe a "for the worthy" feature instead? Thus, making the boss an actual worthy threat and not something to cheese?

I support this idea. When the Lunatic Cultist summons decoys of itself, multiple boss icons appear on the minimap, kinda weird that the same doesn't happen with the BoC. This almost feels like an oversight, maybe the devs forgot to implement it because it's expert only.

Back
Top Bottom