Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 7
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
This is one I think I've run into before – way back in 1.3 and maybe even 1.2 – but I have never been able to figure out the conditions to reproduce it . . .

. . . until now.

Get in a Crimson biome and build yourself a box that is 4 wide and 5 high (the interior being 2x3 so you can stand in it). Get inside the box, stand still, and summon the BoC with a bloody spine. If the BoC makes no attempt to teleport around the screen, then the glitch is working. Wait for the BoC to get right on top of you so that it is sitting still, as if locked onto your position. Kill all the Creepers while remaining still (I recommend a "thrown" flail like the Sunfury, just hold M1 and spin to win). If the glitch works all the way, The "closed" BoC sprite should just vanish without being replaced by the "open" sprite, and you'll hear *woosh* sounds of the teleporting as the music switches back to the basic biome music. After a while, the BoC's health bar will disappear about the same time that the wooshing stops.

I think this has something to do with the boss's AI that figures out where to teleport during the fight. I've had rare cases in non-boxed battles where everything is going fine and then it suddenly just glitches out, sometimes even if I'm moving around. This is the only way I've been able to reliably reproduce it.

yea, I've seen it in pre-1.3 console, except I wasn't boxed in.

I think when boc goes p2 and fades out to teleport at the same time the game just kinda loses it and yeets him out of existence

Back
Top Bottom