brand n00b to Terraria

dankmemes9988

Terrarian
I just bought Terraria for PC a couple of hours ago. I just played for an hour and was building a very basic house on a random server. Anyway I'm looking for a decent sized server to play on, and am interested in free build mode and mini-games. Basically I just need someone to run me thru the very basics so I can figure out the rest on my own later. I'll join your guild too if you want.

Welcome and cool avatar. They live!

Anyway, to find other players, your best bet is to go here: PC Quick Hookup
For servers: Dedicated Servers

Personally, I think it's the most fun to find some people and play through the game with them. Public servers can be... chaotic, to put it mildly. But that's just my experience.

anyway it's all good. I found a good server with a free build mode that is free from monsters, Terraria One.

I tried setting up a mod, Hero's Mod and the tmod loader thing but couldn't get it to work. I also wanted to set up Cheat Sheet and then just build my own stuff on single player and use god mode but like I said I could not get the mod stuff figured out so I'll just stick to that server. TBH i am a bit disappointed with this game, I was thinking it would be like Minecraft but it really isn't at all. Anyway I'll keep playing. Would you guys suggest playing single player with the above 2 mentioned mods since i am mostly interested in free build? Either way setting up the mods is insane, I've never seen such difficult mod setups before.

Is this game getting a creative-only mode for single player anytime soon, like how Minecraft has?
[doublepost=1564401456,1564401313][/doublepost]I just noticed that if you install tmodloader you won't be able to play the vanilla game. Well that sucks. I guess I'll just stick to Pedguin server for mini-games and Terraria-One server for free build.

The game will be getting a creative mode, as told by one of the devs, but it's unknown when this will happen.

Back
Top Bottom