Other Bring Back Ocram, Sharanga and the Petri Dish!

Which one do you want to return to the game?

• Ocram

Votes: 19 73.1%
  • Petri Dish

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Sharanga

Votes: 14 53.8%

• Total voters

Spazmatism7

Plantera
I belive there are items and enemies that should not have been removed. These include:

The boss Ocram

This boss has nothing wrong with it, it even was fun to fight. If this boss returns to the game it could provide a challange for endgame players if the boss gets more powerful than he is currently on 3ds and xbox 360.
Here are some ideas for Ocram
In expert mode he shots green lasers that inflict poisoned
Drops Hallowed Bars instead of adamanite ore
Increase Ocram's health to 45000
Every 30 sec launches a exploding orb

If he is added the weapons and armor made by souls of blight should return as well

The bow Sharanga

This bow only had one problem: it was too easy to get. I think it should be crafted using 1 Molten Fury, 1 Hellwing Bow, 15 Ichor/Cursed Flames at the Mythril/Orichalcum Anvil.

The pet summon the Petri Dish

I think the petri dish has no reason to not be included. Since there is no reason for the petri dish not to be included it should be included.
The petri dish was in the game for the same reason as all the other pets; to provide company.

The petri dish summons a pet slime
Sharanga turns arrows into spectral arrows

If you agree that Ocram should return sign my petition: Sign the Petition

Last edited:
I do like the idea of bringing Ocram to PC officially alongside bringing the Moon Lord over to consoles, maybe there can even be a special item/armor tier/weapon tier/whatever made using both the Souls of Blight, Luminite, and whatever Fragments you wanna use!

I do like the idea of bringing Ocram to PC officially alongside bringing the Moon Lord over to consoles, maybe there can even be a special item/armor tier/weapon tier/whatever made using both the Souls of Blight, Luminite, and whatever Fragments you wanna use!
Thats part of what I was thinking when I was making this. I was going to write that but I couldnt think of a name for it any ideas

Thats part of what I was thinking when I was making this. I was going to write that but I couldnt think of a name for it any ideas
One of my ideas was to comebine sharanga, phantasm and some luminite to make a top teir bow
Another one was to combine a Moon Lord armor with a same class Ocram armor and souls of blight

Ocram isn't hard. He literally is just the Eye of Cthulhu with lazerspam. You'd have to make him so different that he wouldn't be ocram anymore for him to be a real challenge.
Sure, the Sharanga is probably balanced for early hardmode, just make it craftable with ichor and also give spectral arrows an actually unique debuff.
Petri Dish needs an idle animation similar to actual slimes before it gets added back.

I mean... Half support? The Sharanga was my favorite weapon back in 360, and I used it all the time. I was sad to see it taken out.

I also agree the Petri dish should be added in, but it DOES need an idle animation like Omega said.

I don't support the Ocram idea though. He was always a boss that made zero sense to me. You look at the Pre-HM bosses and they're consistent in their design. Organic material. Planterra makes sense, because she's a GIANT flower in the Jungle. Mech bosses also make sense with their summons and designs. The golem also fits his theme, and I like the design of Duke Fishron. Ocram always stuck out like a sore thumb. It doesn't make sense that you use two mech items to get a Suspicious looking skull (Although, it is cool to see that you take two eyes and a skull to make the item itself) and cram doesn't turn out to be a mechanical boss. Also, his attacks are that of the EoC. Very simple, not fun.

Ocram isn't hard. He literally is just the Eye of Cthulhu with lazerspam. You'd have to make him so different that he wouldn't be ocram anymore for him to be a real challenge.
Sure, the Sharanga is probably balanced for early hardmode, just make it craftable with ichor and also give spectral arrows an actually unique debuff.
Petri Dish needs an idle animation similar to actual slimes before it gets added back.
I mean... Half support? The Sharanga was my favorite weapon back in 360, and I used it all the time. I was sad to see it taken out.

I also agree the Petri dish should be added in, but it DOES need an idle animation like Omega said.

I don't support the Ocram idea though. He was always a boss that made zero sense to me. You look at the Pre-HM bosses and they're consistent in their design. Organic material. Planterra makes sense, because she's a GIANT flower in the Jungle. Mech bosses also make sense with their summons and designs. The golem also fits his theme, and I like the design of Duke Fishron. Ocram always stuck out like a sore thumb. It doesn't make sense that you use two mech items to get a Suspicious looking skull (Although, it is cool to see that you take two eyes and a skull to make the item itself) and cram doesn't turn out to be a mechanical boss. Also, his attacks are that of the EoC. Very simple, not fun.
I know Ocram acts like the Eye of Cthulhu but only in two aspects: summons minions and charges. It's other attacks are demon and Retinazer attacks. Ocram does not seem mechanical in any way even though his summon item is I agree with you there. He does need more attacks and to have his sprite altered I agree there as well.
The Petri Dish does need a idle animation that is true.
It would be good if Sharanga would have a different debuff and be able to be crafted with ichor.
I thought of all this but I was trying not to change Ocram to much. I did think about the Sharanga idea but I discarded it which when I look back on it I realize was a big mistake.

The Ocram was just a lazily buffed EoC boss with broken lasers, the Sharanga was unbalanced with a lazy recipe, but if it was moved to early hardmode with a new recipe it'll be better, and for the Petri dish well a pet slime is nice.

The Ocram was just a lazily buffed EoC boss with broken lasers, the Sharanga was unbalanced with a lazy recipe, but if it was moved to early hardmode with a new recipe it'll be better, and for the Petri dish well a pet slime is nice.
I tried to fix Ocram I am open to suggestions for changing my idea about him. Sharanga's recipe needs to be fixed I mentioned that in the article.

Okay you know what. I know Ocram wont come back so I am just going to focus on the other stuff
You can make a convincing argument for Ocram, but you need to be willing to put in a lot of work to fix the issues present and provide us with something new.

I belive there are items and enemies that should not have been removed. These include:

The boss Ocram

This boss has nothing wrong with it, it even was fun to fight. If this boss returns to the game it could provide a challange for endgame players if the boss gets more powerful than he is currently on 3ds and xbox 360.
Here are some ideas for Ocram
In expert mode he shots green lasers that inflict poisoned
Drops Hallowed Bars instead of adamanite ore
Increase Ocram's health to 45000
Every 30 sec launches a exploding orb

If he is added the weapons and armor made by souls of blight should return as well

The bow Sharanga

This bow only had one problem: it was too easy to get. I think it should be crafted using 1 Molten Fury, 1 Hellwing Bow, 15 Ichor/Cursed Flames at the Mythril/Orichalcum Anvil.

The pet summon the Petri Dish

I think the petri dish has no reason to not be included. Since there is no reason for the petri dish not to be included it should be included.
The petri dish was in the game for the same reason as all the other pets; to provide company.

The petri dish summons a pet slime
Sharanga turns arrows into spectral arrows

If you agree that Ocram should return sign my petition: Sign the Petition
Just reading the first suggestion and second suggestion I can tell you these ideas would never be added. Ocram is gone for good, and so are the broken weapons from the original xbox version. Thats a good thing. Furthermore with a pet slime, ever heard of the slime staff? The summoning weapon that summons a slime? All of these suggestions are either reintroduced things that were removed for good reason, or an idea that already exists in a better form.

Just reading the first suggestion and second suggestion I can tell you these ideas would never be added. Ocram is gone for good, and so are the broken weapons from the original xbox version. Thats a good thing. Furthermore with a pet slime, ever heard of the slime staff? The summoning weapon that summons a slime? All of these suggestions are either reintroduced things that were removed for good reason, or an idea that already exists in a better form.
1) I have already said I gave up on Ocram
2) You obviously didnt read very carefully, I proposed a new recipe so Sharanga would be later in the game, at the Cursed Inferno stage
3) The slime staff existed pre-1.3 and there is a difference between a pet and a summon

I suggest next time you try to cut everything down, read the whole thread.

Back
Top Bottom