Weapons & Equip Broken Hero Swords are no longer rare trash

652Graystripe

Plantera
So, uh... in the immortal words of @Baconfry, Broken Hero Swords end up sitting with the rest of the loot that is "useless but too rare to throw away." I agree. People have suggested some cool ideas for more "True" weapons (not all True by name, as @crackshotCerberus can tell you). But the trouble is... just among swords, there's a whole bunch that are deserving. @Sir Cutswood has sprites for true Light's Bane, Fiery Greatsword, Muramasa and Blade of Grass. Sure, why not. Lots of people say True Frostbrand or True Ice Blade. Sure! Bee Keeper and Starfury are pretty unique, why not them? Okay, nice. Then... huh, what else is there? Swords, swords, more swords. Hell, why not a spear! Let's make them all true and- oh, well, :red:. We have a lot of broken hero sword farming ahead, and lots of weird weapons to blow it on.

Broken_Hero_Sword.png
Not so with this suggestion. Broken hero swords now have a use, that being buff extension.
*Can be consumed to give buff potions a 3% longer buff timer and reduces potion cooldown by 1%, stacking up to 10 swords. Permanently. Appears as a little potion icon.
*Can be placed to multiply the effects of buff potions by 1.2x within the area of effect.

Whatcha think? Totally up for tweaking.
Hi, @Pinelord @TerrariamcSwaggins @Hunited @SzGamer227

Nothing but the truth has been spoken here. The Terra Blade was already useless in 1.2.4, and in the 1.3 update, it became even useless,erer,est? More useless?
Seriously,for real, tell me one reason why someone should use it on 1.3.
We have the Eye of Cthulhu, Solar Daybreakuption, Influx Waver, Butcherer's Chainsaw and the buffed Possessed Hatchet.

It's just so overhyped people will just say no.
Having an extended potion duration is a cool idea as 3 minutes aren't enough for something like the Moon Lord or Duke Fishron kiting.

Nothing but the truth has been spoken here. The Terra Blade was already useless in 1.2.4, and in the 1.3 update, it became even useless,erer,est? More useless?
Seriously,for real, tell me one reason why someone should use it on 1.3.
I used the Terra Blade against the lunar events and the Moon Lord several times until I got the Meowmere and it's still my favorite sword even though I use the Meowmere for damage. I consider it second best, and if I never got the Meowmere I would still be using it. But that's me. :)

I used the Terra Blade against the lunar events and the Moon Lord several times until I got the Meowmere and it's still my favorite sword even though I use the Meowmere for damage. I consider it second best, and if I never got the Meowmere I would still be using it. But that's me. :)
The Terra Blade is protected by an unbreakable wall of hype, nostalgia and overrated bricks (I'm looking at you Charizard). That's the only reason someone should use it.
I mean, look at this!
Flairon.png
Vampire_Knives.png
The_Horseman%27s_Blade.png
North_Pole.png
Daybreak.png
Solar_Eruption.png
Influx_Waver.png
Possessed_Hatchet.png

I'm not saying it's a bad weapon, because it isn't.
I'm saying people using Legendary Terra Blades to fight the pillars and Moon Lord is like fighting the Wall of Flesh with a Unreal Copper Bow.
There are a lot of better options, but people won't break the wall and open their eyes.

P.S. I don't know why we are ressurecting this thread.

The Terra Blade is protected by an unbreakable wall of hype, nostalgia and overrated bricks (I'm looking at you Charizard). That's the only reason someone should use it.
I mean, look at this!
Flairon.png
Vampire_Knives.png
The_Horseman%27s_Blade.png
North_Pole.png
Daybreak.png
Solar_Eruption.png
Influx_Waver.png
Possessed_Hatchet.png

I'm not saying it's a bad weapon, because it isn't.
I'm saying people using Legendary Terra Blades to fight the pillars and Moon Lord is like fighting the Wall of Flesh with a Unreal Copper Bow.
There are a lot of better options, but people won't break the wall and open their eyes.
If you like swords (like me) better than flails, or are saving up for solar armor before the daybreak or eruption, it's the best option below the Meowmere.
Flarion does 66 damage.
Vampire Knives are amazing, but they aren't really a substitute for a sword. (Though the life steal is always helpful)
Horseman's Blade only does 75 damage.
North Pole is once again not a sword, and also does 73 damage.
Daybreak is a spear, and like I said, if you're saving up for the Solar armor before getting that.
Solar Eruption is also a favorite, but harder to aim where you're trying to hit, whereas the Terra Blade's projectiles go straight as well as hitting the life-suckers whatever they are that he takes from you. (Also, good luck getting the Daybreak or this before fighting the pillars!)
I hate the Martian Madness event as it came about 16 unwanted times before they changed the spawning of the probe, and I also never got the Influx Waver, but the Terra Blade and its components are craftable, rather than a drop, which makes it an easier obtainable item.
Possessed Hatchet isn't a sword and does 80 damage.

Terra Blade does 95 damage, has straight projectiles, and reforged to Legendary like I had it, actually does 143.
I defeated the pillars and the Moon Lord with it four times, so.

It's preference, I do agree, and if you like all those weapons more, that's okay. But Terra Blade still is a badass sword and I would gladly still use it if I didn't get the Meowmere yet.

Last edited:
I like it. I think it's worth supporting, unless I manage to come across a better idea.
As with the Terra Blade argument, you have to beat Plantera to get it, yet - when it comes to just swords - it's outclassed by the Seedler (just barely,) Influx Waver, Meowmere, and Star's Wrath. Heck, since it technically is one, I'll throw the Death Sickle in there.

As with the Terra Blade argument, you have to beat Plantera to get it, yet - when it comes to just swords - it's outclassed by the Seedler (just barely,) Influx Waver, Meowmere, and Star's Wrath. Heck, since it technically is one, I'll throw the Death Sickle in there.
Seedler does 50 damage only, so that doesn't, and the Death Sickle does 57, both lower than the Terra Blade.
Influx Waver is better, but harder to get as it's a rare drop, not a craftable item.
The discussion was about using it to fight the lunar pillars and the Moon Lord, so as both the Meowmere and the Star's Wrath are after that, they're invalid.
That's the last I'm gonna say, because all the information is out there already.

Seedler does 50 damage only, so that doesn't, and the Death Sickle does 57, both lower than the Terra Blade.
Influx Waver is better, but harder to get as it's a rare drop, not a craftable item.
The discussion was about using it to fight the lunar pillars and the Moon Lord, so as both the Meowmere and the Star's Wrath are after that, they're invalid.
That's the last I'm gonna say, because all the information is out there already.
Damage per hit isn't everything, you know.
The Death Sickle has the benefit of shooting through walls and infinite piercing. If you shoot it just right, then you can get a lot of hits in at once.
The Seedler, while it may have less damage, it has seeds. Explosive seeds cause a bit of AOE, and the little seeds that explode out tend to go towards enemies. When you actually hit something with the seed, you immediately deal the damage of both the main seed and it's shrapnel. Overall, I've found this to be more powerful than the Terra Blade.

I was talking about linking to the Baconfry's, crackshotCerberus', etc. relevant posts in the op. It just doesn't make much sense to link to the members and not to their relevant posts. But thank you.

So, uh... in the immortal words of @Baconfry, Broken Hero Swords end up sitting with the rest of the loot that is "useless but too rare to throw away." I agree. People have suggested some cool ideas for more "True" weapons (not all True by name, as @crackshotCerberus can tell you). But the trouble is... just among swords, there's a whole bunch that are deserving. @Sir Cutswood has sprites for true Light's Bane, Fiery Greatsword, Muramasa and Blade of Grass. Sure, why not. Lots of people say True Frostbrand or True Ice Blade. Sure! Bee Keeper and Starfury are pretty unique, why not them? Okay, nice. Then... huh, what else is there? Swords, swords, more swords. Hell, why not a spear! Let's make them all true and- oh, well, :red:. We have a lot of broken hero sword farming ahead, and lots of weird weapons to blow it on.

View attachment 76115
Not so with this suggestion. Broken hero swords now have a use, that being buff extension.
*Can be consumed to give buff potions a 3% longer buff timer and reduces potion cooldown by 1%, stacking up to 10 swords. Permanently. Appears as a little potion icon.
*Can be placed to multiply the effects of buff potions by 1.2x within the area of effect.

Whatcha think? Totally up for tweaking.
Hi, @Pinelord @TerrariamcSwaggins @Hunited @SzGamer227

I don't really like the idea of using the Broken Hero Sword as a potion as well as a the ingredient for a good sword... I would think you might accidentally use it while crafting, and when you auto buff during the solar eclipse after you get a sword. BAM, there goes your sword. :/ the Terrablade does need a buff though considering the Influx Wafer does so much more damage and you will probably trash your Terrablade right after getting the Wafer.

I don't really like the idea of using the Broken Hero Sword as a potion as well as a the ingredient for a good sword... I would think you might accidentally use it while crafting, and when you auto buff during the solar eclipse after you get a sword. BAM, there goes your sword. :/ the Terrablade does need a buff though considering the Influx Wafer does so much more damage and you will probably trash your Terrablade right after getting the Wafer.
Ah, but you misunderstand. They aren't being suggested as a potion, but rather they extend the duration of your buff, and are permanent. Similar in a way to Heart Crystals, Mana Crystals, and Life Fruits.

Ah, but you misunderstand. They aren't being suggested as a potion, but rather they extend the duration of your buff, and are permanent. Similar in a way to Heart Crystals, Mana Crystals, and Life Fruits.
Yep, that's what I'm talking about. Sorta a consumable, rather than a potion.

Back
Top Bottom