Biomes & Nature Broken Moon

GAMINGPEA_64

Skeletron Prime
I think it would be nice if, after the moon lord is defeated, in the world you killed him in, the moon would be in half, as if the moon lord destroyed half of the moon on its way to try and kill you. However, the moon would still act the same as if it were a regular moon. It would just be for looks. But it would be like, the moon lord was inside the moon, so he destroyed half of it to come and kill you. Ya know?

makes sense. a little, heheh.

did you mean that in case someone killed the moon lord would break in half and soon there would be a half moon in the sky and the other would have fallen to the earth? like a meteorite? I think if you meant it, then it's a bit illogical because that would be the end of the world in Terraria.

Last edited:
Nah, the broken half would be gone. Just poof.
makes sense. a little, heheh.

did you mean that in case someone killed the moon lord would break in half and soon there would be a half moon in the sky and the other would have fallen to the earth? like a meteorite? I think if you meant it, then it's a bit illogical because that would be the end of the world in Terraria.

Funny, but I think it wouldn't look good. Also, what with moons which can be seen in celestial pillars' background?
Well, with the pillars moons, the broken half would be on the other side of the moon, facing away from the world.

Someone needs to say it- you shouldn’t be putting the [Mac] tag on suggestion threads just because you personally happen to play on a Mac. That’s not what the tag is for.

On the topic itself: thanks to gravity, celestial objects above a certain mass are always spherical. No exceptions. Terraria is certainly surreal at times, but rarely is it blatantly unscientific.

Last edited:
You can’t have a half-moon floating in space. That goes directly against the rules of science.

Sure it’s a fantasy game, but this breaks the rules of physics in a way that would make people think “did those guys not pay attention in elementary school science class?”
This is a world of flying eye balls, gaint mutant worms and literal aliens.
[doublepost=1535846630,1535846089][/doublepost]
You can’t have a half-moon floating in space. That goes directly against the rules of science.

Sure it’s a fantasy game, but this breaks the rules of physics in a way that would make people think “did those guys not pay attention in elementary school science class?”
The rules of physics dont apply to terraria, but i can see where you're coming from.

Good point...

While I would find that to be reasonable, I wouldn't say Terraria would be a game to defend the logic it has. Terraria is always, always going against the rules of science, so why should it stop this suggestion from being considered?
FIjMp6I.png

So if the rules of gravity say that all objects above a certain mass must be spherical due to the effect of gravity, then why is it reasonable for this dirt blob to hover in midair? According to this logic, I wouldn't say that having a broken object flying around in midair would be totally unreasonable for this game, would it?

About the suggestion itself, while it could be a nice visual change to your world to show that Moon Lord has been defeated, it would be mostly inconsequential and unnoticable. I'd say a different change would be better, perhaps a color change to the moon would be more visually suitable.

Okay, Look, You know those people who are like "I beat moon lord in 6 seconds" and you find out later that they're lying? The half of the moon would be like a trophy for defeating moon lord. So you would be able to tell if their lying or not, ya know. And yes, i know theres a moon lord trophy, but i didnt mean a literal trophy. More like a symbol.

Back
Top Bottom