broken weapons

DuDe-da-man

Official Terrarian
what do you think are the most op weapons in the game, judging by when you get them?
I say the arkhalis

Musket, you can use it to kill many pre hm bosses without ranger equipment such as EoC, Skeletron, Queen Bee, and it can even be useful against the WoF.

Arkhalis is pretty hard to top, but if one was to do it, it'd be Megashark.

Megashark's a total beast. Back in 1.1 it was considered to pretty much be the only way to fight Twins and Prime. In 1.2, it was the bread and butter of all the earliest players to defeat Plantera. It rocked Pumpkin Moon, and the only reason it wasn't top DPS dog pre-chaingun was because Tactical Shotgun beat it by less than 10 points of DPS.

Megashark is pretty much the poster weapon of Terraria and EVERYONE used and abused it for months if not years. There's a reason for that too, and said reason is, because it's ridiculously good.

yeah, the megashark is pretty much the primary weapon of any guns focused ranger build. There's not much that can rival it in sheer DPS.
The chaingun is nice, but its also inaccurate; you have to pair it with chlorophyte rounds in order to capitalize on its dps. Megasharks don't have that problem.

The Daedalus stormbow with holy arrows is pretty op.

WATERBOLT.

Often available from the start (crossing corruption with just a wooden bow and flaming arrows isnt that hard, lets face it.) absolutely reks anything not in open spaces (rip dungeon, jungle, caves and to some extend hell). And even then, its easy to setup a flat stripe of land and build a step on either end for back and forth waterbolt bouncy murder (rip goblin invasion)

Arkhalis has higher DPS than the Excalibur, can be aimed in multiple directions, has ridiculous speed, produces light, and can be obtained before fighting the Eye of Cthulhu. I know I'm jumping on the bandwagon here, but it's hard to deny how overpowered the Arkhalis is.

I honestly don't know what the fuss is about the Arkhalis, knowing how extremely rare it is. you'll most likely never encounter it, it took me 19 enchanted swords before I find one. (let alone that some shrines even has only wooden swords) when I finally found a legendary rare weapon like that, I don't want it to be directly replaced by the next tier. T_T

Yeah, its super rare, but if you do find it you probably won't use any other melee weapon for the rest of pre-hardmode.
It shouldn't be green tier anyway. It should be orange tier at least.

I honestly don't know what the fuss is about the Arkhalis, knowing how extremely rare it is. you'll most likely never encounter it, it took me 19 enchanted swords before I find one. (let alone that some shrines even has only wooden swords) when I finally found a legendary rare weapon like that, I don't want it to be directly replaced by the next tier. T_T

Basically, and thats a fallacy many suggestions fall victim to, rarity does not balance power. Quite the contary on multiplayer settings: The one who does get the OP weapon/armor is probably going to dominate.

Basically, and thats a fallacy many suggestions fall victim to, rarity does not balance power. Quite the contary on multiplayer settings: The one who does get the OP weapon/armor is probably going to dominate.

This was exactly why the hardmode dungeon chests were dumb too, back in early 1.2. All you needed was one lucky roll, and you won the whole game. Hello insanely OP endgame weapon, while simply hunting Souls of Night.

Arkhalis at LEAST has the excuse of its rarity being a different beast, though. It's not really something you can go grind for or have passively fall in your lap unless you're one of the "chosen ones," and even then, you have to kind of know what you're looking for anyway, be experienced, to really get it early and truly abuse it.

It's a cheat weapon, but it's not easy to get ahold of in the early stages of the game. Far more time consuming than its worth, and if you just play fresh start to endgame on a single world (what most people consider "a playthrough") it's extremely unlikely that you will ever get it. Contrast to a drop like Uzi or the aforementioned biome keys where they could land in anyone's lap, any time.

Fetid baghnacks
Get attack speed accessories at start of hardmode and simply destroy the destroyer(pun intended)and later use it to kill plantera.

Last edited:
...Nothing, really?
I play on Expert Mode most of the time, so no matter what I get and when I get it, stuff before endgame always feels a teeny bit underpowered, but that's fine.

Crystal serpent staff makes alot of the mechanical bosses simple even plantera. And I mean you can get it as soon as hard mode starts by fishing for 10 mins..

Back
Top Bottom