broken weapons

Although considering what I said before comes down to luck, I would say the demon scythe. You are basically given a force field that makes you invulnerable against anything effected by knock back, and you can pick apart the destroyer due to it's piercing and the fact that it stays in one spot for a while before flying out. You can also use it to set down trap like attacks as the enemy will probably be attacking and swiping where you were 2 seconds ago, and the scythe will still be there. It is also very effective in crowd control.
The golden shower was close, considering you can use it into end game to debuff enemies and remove defense.

Daedalus stormbow, trivializes all the mechs and can probably be used even farther. Available right at the start of Hardmode.

Space Gun wins Pre-Hardmode and you can cheese Destroyer on Normal mode with it if you pair with a Nimbus Rod.
Water Bolt is quite the powerful weapon.
Fetid Bagnakhs, the DPS racer's weapon of choice.
Golden Shower, for its utility alone, can be useful all the way up to Lunatic Cultist.
Megashark. Kept it from Destroyer all the way to Fishron (I replaced it with the Chain Gun here).

Since nobody mentioned it, the Uzi is super OP if you can get it early hardmode. It's basically on tier with the Megashark, although it has some different stats. And you can get it from the very start of hardmode.

Has to be the Arkhalis for me. I love how quickly it can kill pre-hardmode bosses (if you can make them stand still). Problem is how rare they are but if your lucky enough the Arkhalis will set you up for the rest of pre-hardmode.

Dart pistol. I need 1 crystal to make 100 crystal darts, or 1 ichor to make 100 ichor darts. Crystal darts are a fire and forget kind of weapon. Seriously, I used it in the post plantera dungeon and was rarely in any danger. Of course using crystal darts against the vortex pillar is suicide. Too many queens...

Ichor darts are really powerful as well. If you space yourself just right all of the darts strike at once. I used them to kill all the mechanical bosses, plantera, and the golem.

Has to be the Arkhalis for me. I love how quickly it can kill pre-hardmode bosses (if you can make them stand still). Problem is how rare they are but if your lucky enough the Arkhalis will set you up for the rest of pre-hardmode.
I got one on my expert playthrough though it came quite late in prehardmode so the only boss left was the WOF which is not a good opponent to use it on due to its speed. It more than held its weight through early hardmode. While its knockback may be low it hits so many times it more than compensates...

Since nobody mentioned it, the Uzi is super OP if you can get it early hardmode. It's basically on tier with the Megashark, although it has some different stats. And you can get it from the very start of hardmode.
I don't know how I feel about calling the Uzi "Op" or anything as it requires you to venture into the hardmode jungle which is outright lethal early to mid hardmode. Yes it is obtainable but if you can get it you deserve it similar to say getting a thorn chakram at the start of prehardmode.

It also has the drawback of poor ammo efficiency which is a make or break problem for rangers... Now don't get me wrong it is quite strong but it isn't at the point where I would call it broken, even on my (expert) ranger playthrough I retired it relatively early on as I was hurting with regards to money/ammo. My CAR was more than enough to last until I could get the Mega Shark after all...

Alright now that we are an 1.4 and there where a lot of nerfs and stuff here is my tiers.
1. Razorblade Typhoon because if you are skilled enough you can get it early hardmode and according to a Happydays video all it takes is this and a roller coaster :) to beat the game
2. Nimbus Rod, This is self explanatory
3. Crystal Serpent, can beat duke and all it takes is some fishing in the hallow.
4. Crystal Storm, Pair it with mana flower and it should last you a while
5. Golden shower, EPIC support weapon
6. Arkhalis (If your lucky enough :) )
7. Crystal vile shard, It should stunlock anything affected by knockback :)

Fetid Bagnaks (HOW DO U SPELL THIS) are also good :)

OH boy I have a few.

• Razorblade Typhoon- In 1.3, this weapon was the undisputed best Pre-Moon Lord crowd control weapon. Unfortunately in 1.4, they nerfed into the ground, and now the only thing it’s the best at is literally everything.

• Electrosphere Launcher- This weapon may be pretty late in the game, but don’t let this distract you from how insane it is. Enemies inside the Electric Zones take constant damage at a fixed rate, but repeatedly firing at them makes it hit them much faster, which increases its DPS against large targets to nearly Phantasm’s level.

• Vampire Knives- If you have these, you don’t die. Their maximum healing is 30 health per second. To put that into perspective, Every other source of regeneration in the game combined is less than that. That is a greater healing potion every 5 seconds. I really don’t think I need to say anything else.

• Sanguine Staff- This minion is fantastic in a Summon build, don’t get me wrong, but its true power is that it doesn’t need the support of whips to deal great damage, making it a fantastic sidearm on nearly any build, so much so that adding extra minions will usually make you kill things faster than adding a Damage accessory for your main weapon would have done. Just… think about that for a second: If you’re Pre-Plantera, adding an extra bat will give you more DPS than your emblem would have.

Last edited:
I dislike using it on bosses or ranged enemies but if there is a melee enemy that takes kb (in early hardmode) it makes quick work of it.
it was pretty horrible when they first added it, it’s a pretty okay weapon now because they buffed it so much.

Pre-1.4 I'd have to say the space gun. It was one of those weapons that was so oppressively powerful and easy to obtain it legitimately made the game less fun to play for me.

Post 1.4 Would be a bit tougher, but I'd have to go with Crystal Serpent Staff also, even if I rarely use it because I hate fishing.

Pre-1.4 I'd have to say the space gun. It was one of those weapons that was so oppressively powerful and easy to obtain it legitimately made the game less fun to play for me.

Post 1.4 Would be a bit tougher, but I'd have to go with Crystal Serpent Staff also, even if I rarely use it because I hate fishing.
What’s so good about Crystal Serpent? Compared to a lot of other weapons at its stage of progression it seems average at best.

It’s easy to get. That’s it.
It’s really not though. It’s a rare fishing item which is pretty time consuming to the point that you could get something better multiple times in the time that it takes you to obtain it. And I’m someone who actually loves fishing.

Arkhalis is powerful, but also stupid rare. Fishing gets you a couple of things that aren't rare, and are stupidly overpowered early game: The Rockfish makes a solid sword for early-game, though the hammer functionality is a bit of an inconvenience. And the Falcon Blade may have been nerfed, but it's still darn powerful (I just upgraded from the Rockfish and used the Falcon until I got the Hellstone sword), and coming from an Iron Crate you can get it pretty early.

The Gray Zapinator is also up there -- it's mana-expensive, but Space Armor fixes that, it packs a serious punch even on a straight shot, and its random shot mutations can be deadly!

Last edited:
Arkhalis is powerful, but also stupid rare. Fishing gets you a couple of things that aren't rare, and are stupidly overpowered early game: The Rockfish makes a solid sword for early-game, though the hammer functionality is a bit of an inconvenience. And the Falcon Blade may have been nerfed, but it's still darn powerful (I just upgraded from the Rockfish and used the Falcon until I got the Hellstone sword), and coming from an Iron Crate you can get it pretty early.

The Gray Zapinator is also up there -- it's mana-expensive, but Space Armor fixes that, it packs a serious punch even on a straight shot, and its random shot mutations can be deadly!
Arkhalis was moved into hardmode expert treasure bags in 1.4, it’s absolutely not good anymore lmao.

also true melee weapons are never overpowered

Ok... let's see here! 🦴⚡🧐

Pre EoC:
  1. Flinx Staff/ Set
  2. Snowball Launcher
  3. Grenades
Pre EoW/ BoC:
  1. Musket
  2. Grenades (still)
Pre Skeletron/ Queen Bee:
  1. Star Cannon (all the way up to WoF)
Early Hardmode:
  1. (The usual suspects, no need to tread on old ground).

Back
Top Bottom