Pixel Art Brutallama's Brutal Pixels

Hello Brutallama,

I love your pixel art! Could I perhaps use your Naga armor and weapons sprites in my mod? I would give you credits and put your banner in my signature!

Thanks!

Brutallama's Brutal Pixels
by: Brutallama View attachment 19309(emoticon by Jestex)

-Introduction-
(please read)

Note- Requests are currently on-hold, I have a lot to do, and I need to catch up

Greetings fellow Terrarians! My name is Brutallama. I am an established sprite artist from the old forums, many of you may know me, many of you may not. With the new forums, I've decided to Re-launch my sprite thread, as it had fallen into disuse.

With my new thread, many things will change. first of all, I will not take requests, but I will take suggestions. this means that you can suggest ideas, rather than specific things for me to create. If I find the idea interesting, challenging, fun, etc. I may decide to make it, or my interpretation of it.

Another thing that came up a lot was mods. I am currently the one and only spriter for the Thorium Mod. I do not intend to work on any other mods anytime soon. Any currently implemented items will be in the "Thorium Mod Stuff" section.

The Game Improvements section is where I will post re-skins of existing items and enemies in vanilla Terraria. They will all be added to a texture pack that is currently in development by @SzGamer227. When it is finished I will post a link to it here.

Finally; advise. A lot of beginning spriters came to me asking for help, and I'd love to give it! Also,
Balduran made a wonderful beginners guide to spriting here.

Without further ado... behold, the most brutal sprites on these forums!

View attachment 82736
Chromium Set- Made with all your most valuable metals, it's shinny enough for you to see your own reflection.

View attachment 3426
Cursed Set- Counterpart to the hallowed set, and it's kinda creepy.

View attachment 46360
Steel- I had my own a long time ago, but I was never happy with it... this one was actually made by @SzGamer227 (I improved it for him; and it goes all too well with my durasteel set, and he gave me permission to put it here with the link to its original thread)

View attachment 94264
Durasteel- Super tough stuff! And it looks good too.

View attachment 94265
Thundrium Set- its "shockingly" good... I'm sorry, that was just bad. (credit to @Everybody for this terrible pun ;))

View attachment 3429
Runestone Set- Made with ancient stone. cannot be forged with modern techniques

View attachment 3430
Harbinger Set- End game, extremely powerful defensive set.

View attachment 3422
Berserker Set- End game, extremely powerful offensive set.

View attachment 3432

High King Armor- the ultimate tools, weapons, and armor. All will bow before their wielder

View attachment 94266
Illumite Set- The perfect mix between magic and matter. You will find many new abilities when you wear this.

View attachment 3434
Ivory Set- only the dirtiest scoundrels would poach the necessary materials to craft this.

View attachment 94267
Naga Set- a concept for new ocean enemies, and items they could drop.

View attachment 94268
Tueranium Set- Harness the power of the elements through this powerful set!

View attachment 94269
Volcanic Set- Careful... it's hot... REAL hot

View attachment 52461
Hardlight Set- Be careful not to break it, fabricating solid light is no trivial task...
View attachment 9947
Tech armor- Very
advanced set of tools. All have interesting and unique traits and abilities
View attachment 3443
All my lonely, weird, unique armors and vanity sets
View attachment 51418
From left->right, top -> bottom
Blood Thirster- (cameo to LoL) alternate to Night's Edge for crimson worlds
True Blood Thirster- True version of the Blood Thirster
Executioner- Powerful axe that weakens enemies progressively
Rapier- Razor sharp blade; only to be used by the most skillful of swordsmen
Combat Machete- decent blade; bought from travelling merchant
Warp Slicer- fires an energy blade when swung
Master's Blade- (cameo to Zelda) best. sword. ever. period.
Triton Blade- drop from Duke Fishron. Launches tidal waves when swung
Scalper (Scaper Knife)- unique sword that launches small razor sharp knives when swung
Soulrender- powerful scythe that launches lost spirits on hit
Wraith Blade- Blade forged from trapped souls
True Dark Lance- Fires an ethereal spear
True Gungnir- Fires an ethereal spear
Terra Glaive- Fires an ethereal spear

Earth Breaker- drop from golem. Extremely powerful sword with ludicrous knockback
Aeon's Eternity- fires an ethereal blade (from Avalon Mod)
Ichor Hatchet- Imbued with the power of ichor, it weakens its foes armor with every hit
Cursed Scythe- Imbued with the power of cursed flames, it ignites its enemies ablaze with every hit
Dragonbone Blade- Powerful end-game sword from this thread
Crimson Scythe- alternate to the dark lance for crimson worlds
Thermogenic Impaler- Powerful blade that lights you enemies eternally ablaze
Frostmourne- It that one *lame* sword that the Lich Kind uses in WoW
Meteorfury- Powerful sword space sword from this thread
Rune Blade- Ancient weapon found deep underground
Thief's Dagger- Increases your chance of getting rare drops from enemies, and may cause them to drop their gold...
Reforged Hero's Sword- A new-and-improved version of the Broken Hero's sword
True Hero's Sword- Fires an ethereal sword. Made with a Broken Hero's Sword... wait... what?
True Starfury- because the normal starfury was never enough
Oblivion Glaive- also from the Avalon Mod

View attachment 51417
From left -> right, top->bottom
Vengence- very high damage, fast firing upgraded sniper
Auto Carbine- combination or the sniper and the clockwork assault. high damage, but an automatic firing mechanic
Ultra Sharkron- Drop from Duke Fishron. Megashark, but shoots 2 bullets simultaneously
Patronizer- 3-shot, automatic shotgun (and when I say automatic I mean minishark level)
Arc launcher- fires many, shallow arcing, missiles extremely fast (much like the golden shower)
Deconstructor- Automatic, high damage plasma cannon. Blows up all the things
Blunderbus- shotgun that unleashes a torrent of bullets
Light bringer, Dusk Seeker, and Burning Twilight- powerful pistols that deal bonus damage to their counterparts (hallow/corruption/crimson)
Magmablast- Dangerous shotgun that fires searing hot shards of solid flame
Ironlock pistol-Early-game, craftable pistol
Leadlock pistol-Early-game, craftable pistol
Flare Cannon- Fires flares with great power (from this thread)
Rail Gun- Fire extremely powerful hit-scan projectiles (from this thread)
Hardmode Ore Guns- a gun for each different hardmode ore (from this thread, noticing a trend?)
Black Hole Gun- Launches a black hole... can imagine the havoc that ensues (from the same place as the Rail Gun)
Shroomite Plasma Cannon- Rapid-fire, high damage, end-game rifle
The Vulcan- From the same thread as the other hardmode ore guns

View attachment 51416
From left->right
Piercing Tide- fires a fast moving, piercing arrow
Brambleshot- rapidly launches small, poison thorns
Molten Fury- (improved Srpite)
Night's Blight- fires
crescent arrows that explode on contact
Blood Shredder- launches barbed arrows that rip through the enemies defense
Compound Bow- fires energy bolts that have no falloff and pierce 5 times

View attachment 51419
From top->bottom, left->right
Firestorm Staff- Unleashes an inferno of hellfire that engulfs evenything in its path
Chaos Beam- Fires a continuous beam of dark energy that will burn through any material, living or not
Blister Staff- throws a infected blister that releases toxic fumes on impact
Tidal Scepter- Blasts enemies with a surge of water
Tangleroot- Launches an overgrown projectile that slows and poisons enemies
Flamelash- (imporved sprite)
Night's Fury- Blasts enemies with pure, unstoppable chaos energy, ripping their bodies to shreds
Blood Render- Fires a bolt of pure evil that pierces through enemies, and siphons health from them to you
Void Lance- launches a bolt of void energy that explodes violently, and leaves a rift in the fabric of reality
Holy Staff- Extremely high damage, extremely high mana cost. Insta-kills undead enemies
Gust- blasts enemies with a gust of wind that throws them across the screen

Wrath of the dead- releases the souls of the damned. they seek out and rip apart all enemies they can find
Enchanted Armor- Casts a passive buff, increasing your armor for a set amount of time
Enchanted sword- deals magic damage, and grants mana on hit
True Enchanted Sword- Fires an ethereal blade. Improved version of the Enchanted Sword
Whither Staff- inflicts wither debuff, which rapidly drains health, and lowers defense
Ancient Scepter- endgame magic missile
Specter Blade- deals magic damage, and grants mana on hit

View attachment 51420
From top->bottom
Beholder staff- summons a ranged beholder to fight for you
Meteor Staff- calls down a friendly meteor to help fight for you
Vile Swarm- summons 2 corruptlings that fly around and viciously attack their prey
Crimson Swarm- summons 2 crimson leapers they can climb on walls and jump to reach their targets
Sprite staff- summons little fairies to help fight for you. they also heal you
Spirit Staff- conjures a lost spirit to fear and kill you enemies

View attachment 51415
From left -> right, top->bottom
Aegis- combo of the paladins shield and the cross necklace
Wynebgwrthucher- fabled shield of invincibility. A combination of the Ankh Shield, Aegis, and the Frozen Turtle shell. It will also grant a second chance to the player holding it when they receive fatal damage
Devil's Pauldron- Prevents you from receiving fatal damage, and restores 15% of your health
Enchanted Sheild- when wearing this, you will take 50% damage, but the remainder will be drained from your mana pool
Firestorm boots- combination of the lava waders and the lightning boots
Power stone- no idea, open to ideas
Trick mirror- teleports you to the last place you used you magic mirror from
Deaths gaze- teleports you to the last place you died
Shattered mirror- teleports you the the nearest player who also holds a shattered mirror
Utility Belt- Combo of the tool belt, GPS, Extendo Grip, Portable Cement Mixer, Brick Layer, and Ruler

View attachment 3436
Night's Weapons- the Night's Edge was lonely, so I took care of that

View attachment 3431
Hardmode Staves- why should only the easymode ores get fancy magic staves?
View attachment 46587
Pre-Hardmode armor remakes- I wasn't quite satisfied with the early armors and tools, so I improved them as much as I could while staying true to their original designs (Felmale sprites by @m31k)

View attachment 82734 View attachment 82735 View attachment 82733
with the additions of the 3 new hardmode ores, the old armors really began to show their age, so I "amped" the up

View attachment 10097
Molten Tools- same boat as the shadow tools

View attachment 19840 View attachment 19303
Meteor Tools and Phaseblades/sabers- recolors, added details, consistent color schemes. Just little improvements.

View attachment 82737
Vanilla Item Reskins- Many of the in-game items that I think look either a bit lackluster, or just bad...

View attachment 19736 View attachment 19734
Skeletron: revamped- You gotta admit, the first time you fought Skeletron you pooped your pants a little, so making him look a bit more intimidating and sexy can't hurt. And his prime version is now truly prime

View attachment 19733
Destroyer: revamped- Skeletron couldn't let his good old friend The Destroyer go without a makeover too

Want to support me? Just put this in your signature View attachment 19309
View attachment 22947
YOU'RE THE THORIUM PERSON

DUDE I LOVE YOUR SPRITES

Hey Brutallama :D Love your sprites in the thorium mod (didn't come past the Lich tho xD) and your sprites in general :D Keep the good work up!

Since texture packs are simpeler to make (because of 1.3.4.1, experimental features) I would love to use some of your boss/game improvement sprites! can I has permission ow great llama?

Since texture packs are simpeler to make (because of 1.3.4.1, experimental features) I would love to use some of your boss/game improvement sprites! can I has permission ow great llama?
I was actually planning on getting this to work myself ;) I think I'll need to fix up a few first though (not sure if everything is the right size or whatnot :p)

k :D thnx for the fast response! But can I use some for my own if I don't publish or sell them as my own?

Does that method also work for mac? Cause since terraria mac has different folders than terraria on windows. And I can't figure out how to edit/make a texture pack with mac :p

it seems that you are taking request, guess i request an big boss like worm (like the worms in the caves but the size of the eater of worlds) with gems on its body

it seems that you are taking request, guess i request an big boss like worm (like the worms in the caves but the size of the eater of worlds) with gems on its body
If you looked at the main thread you will see large yellow letters stating that requests are on hold... just sayin'.

Reactions: 000
Back
Top Bottom