Texture Pack Brutallama's Vanilla Tweaks

Quick update for anyone interested;

I am taking a break from continuing development on this texture pack until the next Major Terraria update, as it seems as though there may be a decent amount of changes to important things that could break some of my current sprites and animations (armor animations specifically) and to see if they more directly implement Texture packs into the game.

I have a decent amount of things I'd like to work on in the future, including new items, enemies, and bosses, as well as some old sprites I'd like to redo completely. Plus, a more official way of accessing texture packs would definitely give me some solid motivation to continue development.

Now y'all know a little bit better what I'm thinking and what may come in the future! :)

I am taking a break from continuing development on this texture pack until the next Major Terraria update, as it seems as though there may be a decent amount of changes to important things that could break some of my current sprites and animations (armor animations specifically) and to see if they more directly implement Texture packs into the game.

I have a decent amount of things I'd like to work on in the future, including new items, enemies, and bosses, as well as some old sprites I'd like to redo completely. Plus, a more official way of accessing texture packs would definitely give me some solid motivation to continue development.
Yeah, I hear ya. Had to put my texture pack on hold for the same reason, and no doubt countless others have as well.

For this reason alone if they aren't going to release it any time soon, it would be reeeeeally helpful if they'd at least give us an ETA at this point.

Yeah, I hear ya. Had to put my texture pack on hold for the same reason, and no doubt countless others have as well.

For this reason alone if they aren't going to release it any time soon, it would be reeeeeally helpful if they'd at least give us an ETA at this point.
Same here, lul :D They're most probably gonna finally fix being unable to change menu looks without using the XNB files, so will have to redo alot of stuff too.

Last edited:

Now y'all know a little bit better what I'm thinking and what may come in the future! :)
It has been confirmed that there will be no additional frames for armors but I think there will be changes to armor bodies, that does that Armor_Body_% will no longer have atached arm to them like DD event armors.

I understand you, I will be waiting for the next update to test out Lazure's Big block layout, Luminite Bricks current version are like slabs or plating by tile layout.
Sadly it looks like next update will still take more time to be released.

I've literally done a lot of things just to get the texture pack and it still doesnt work.

Can any one help me getting it?

Can anyone here help me get the texture pack plz? I really find the pack awesome and the only pack i know how to get is calamity texture pack.

Can anyone here help me get the texture pack plz? I really find the pack awesome and the only pack i know how to get is calamity texture pack.
You get every texture pack the exact same way. It depends whether or not you're using tModLoader, though.
[doublepost=1560643287,1560643192][/doublepost]

The Journey's end (1.4) update will have official texture pack support :joy:

You get every texture pack the exact same way. It depends whether or not you're using tModLoader, though.
[doublepost=1560643287,1560643192][/doublepost]
The Journey's end (1.4) update will have official texture pack support :joy:

Damn... i think someone said Journey's end 1.4 update is released at the end of the year before.
[doublepost=1560687313][/doublepost]I've just read some comments and some people say its "pre - release" and saying if theres the discord cuz i done a texture pack with the discord and it probably worked. Who here also knows that texture pack which changes the clouds to old ones and the sun?

@sfraczak33 If you're still having trouble with texture pack installation, this is a brief but decent tutorial:

Experimental Features - Texture Pack Support and World Seeds!

If you're already using mods and playing on a PC, place your entire untouched Texture Pack.zip file here:

C:\Users\(your name)\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\TexturePacks

Any other questions that aren't directly related to Brutal-Revamp you should probably just make a thread and ask here:

General Texture Pack Discussion

@sfraczak33 If you're still having trouble with texture pack installation, this is a brief but decent tutorial:

Experimental Features - Texture Pack Support and World Seeds!

If you're already using mods and playing on a PC, place your entire untouched Texture Pack.zip file here:

C:\Users\(your name)\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\TexturePacks

Any other questions that aren't directly related to Brutal-Revamp you should probably just make a thread and ask here:

General Texture Pack Discussion

Thanks for the support :D

Damn... i think someone said Journey's end 1.4 update is released at the end of the year before.
[doublepost=1560687313][/doublepost]I've just read some comments and some people say its "pre - release" and saying if theres the discord cuz i done a texture pack with the discord and it probably worked. Who here also knows that texture pack which changes the clouds to old ones and the sun?
The estimate for 1.4 is Q4 2019, which means October, November, or December.

Hey guys, I am converted this texture pack's armors into version of 1.4 Journey's End,
been trying to improve some things like animation of armor greaves to look more smooth.
EDIT:Forgot that I moved this texture pack's hallowed armor into Ancient one, if you want to know.

This texture will not contain any goblin enemies, older begginer basic ore tools and weapons and star because of the new animation. Will be sended to be edited, if wanted by Brutallama.)
Next update will cointain begginner basic ore weapons, tools and armors. (It took me a little while to convert them into new version.)

If there are any issues write it to me to be fixed.
In addiation you can set to alternative shadow armor more faster than before, so this is why I am attaching alternate shadow armor zip file.

For instalation of texture pack I advide to look at this at wiki page:

Have a good day.
EDIT: Post bellow contain updated version containing pre-hardmore begginners ore items.

Attachments

• Brutallama's Brutal Vanilla Revamp.zip
    407.6 KB · Views: 575
Last edited:
So it has been about the week I converted this texture pack into 1.4.
But here a problem, any sprite that have canvas size 1 pxiel larger or smaller will no longer apply, This restriction was addded in 1.4, because of bugs/issues? Thanks (to) Re-Logic, very helpful, I absolutly love it, now my Silver Bullets look smaller, perfect.
Hopefully they will do something about it, but let's be honest it's propably not going to happen.

Beside my little rant, I was comparing canvas sizes of all items, projectiles, and was actually pretty much fedup with it. Tried to resize item to original canvas size so they could apply and could look so horrible.
Some of them were left out, because I don't know what to do with them, their original psites are very smaller, like knives, magic, dagger, Molten Fury, Ice Bow, gores of enemies and bosses, Cobalt/Mythril/Adamantite/Halloweed Chainsaws, Drills and Repeaters.

What's new, changed:
  • Now contain pre-hard mode ore, equipment.
  • Fix to alt. Shadow armor pallette mini texture pack. Textures were in "Content" than Images then wouldn't apply.
  • Items and their projectiles have same canvas size as the original, so they would work in the t.p.

Attachments

• Brutallama's Alternate Shadow Equipment.zip
    13.7 KB · Views: 356
  • Brutallama's Brutal Vanilla Revamp.zip
    486.7 KB · Views: 590
So it has been about the week I converted this texture pack into 1.4.
But here a problem, any sprite that have canvas size 1 pxiel larger or smaller will no longer apply, This restriction was addded in 1.4, because of bugs/issues? Thanks (to) Re-Logic, very helpful, I absolutly love it, now my Silver Bullets look smaller, perfect.
Hopefully they will do something about it, but let's be honest it's propably not going to happen.

Beside my little rant, I was comparing canvas sizes of all items, projectiles, and was actually pretty much fedup with it. Tried to resize item to original canvas size so they could apply and could look so horrible.
Some of them were left out, because I don't know what to do with them, their original psites are very smaller, like knives, magic, dagger, Molten Fury, Ice Bow, gores of enemies and bosses, Cobalt/Mythril/Adamantite/Halloweed Chainsaws, Drills and Repeaters.

What's new, changed:
  • Now contain pre-hard mode ore, equipment.
  • Fix to alt. Shadow armor pallette mini texture pack. Textures were in "Content" than Images then wouldn't apply.
  • Items and their projectiles have same canvas size as the original, so they would work in the t.p.

It's awesome to see you supporting this pack for v1.4 after Brutallama mysteriously vanished from the forums! I really do wonder where they went, though... :dryadindifferent:

It's awesome to see you supporting this pack for v1.4 after Brutallama mysteriously vanished from the forums! I really do wonder where they went, though... :dryadindifferent:
He didn't vanish, when i released it, he replied to my PM, you can see he is somewhere active when you are on Thorium mod Discord.
He stated, that his golblin enemies aren't good in comparasion of 1.4v, even said he is going to update some older stuff. EDIT: Correctly to one day continue this texture pack.

Back
Top Bottom