1. For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
    Dismiss Notice

**REPORTED** Bubble blocks reset NPC housing

Discussion in 'PC Bug Reports' started by OhiraKyou, Jul 21, 2015.

1. OhiraKyou

OhiraKyou Terrarian

The new bubble blocks (sold by the party girl) are a valid wall and spawn block for NPC houses. I thought I finally had a block that could be used to separate NPC houses and act as a spawn block without blocking my projectiles. However, soon after setting an NPC to live in a house which incorporates bubbles, they will leave the house. They never stay assigned to their houses for long. After teleporting away and then back, I find all the houses unassigned again.

2. Ferretwings

Ferretwings Terrarian

I was about to report the same bug. My NPC moved himself out, and into invalid housing. I've attached a picture of where I assigned him, and where he assigned himself.

Attached Files:

3. Redo

Redo Terrarian

@Ferretwings' case looks like Bubble Blocks simply don't act as actual blocks (since they really aren't, I'd rather call them furniture), and Wizard would simply reset it's flag so it matches the house.

I'm talking about how bubbles don't act as a room separator, and the two rooms are "one", in game's eyes.

[EDIT]
    If Bubbles were blocks, then you could place things like Tables and Chairs on it (correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that would be illogical, even for Terraria *cough cough* "RE-Logic" *cough*). That is more than an excuse for them to not "create" rooms.

[EDIT2]
    Or I just doofed and it really is a bug. All possibilities possible.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  4. Ferretwings

Ferretwings Terrarian

Here is another example. I made both houses valid, and assigned NPCs to both houses. One NPC moved himself out.

NPC and Bubble block housing2.png

5. Leinfors

Leinfors Quality Assurance Staff Member Moderator Re-Logic

Definitely looks like something is up here; the issue is reported. :)

6. SilverBird

SilverBird Skeletron Prime

You can usually use platforms for most of the house, as long as there are a few solid blocks for the npcs to stand on.