Builds Bude's Builds

Bude

Spazmatism
Capture 2019-02-09 16_03_38.png
Hello fellow Terrarians! Welcome to my new build thread! I will be sharing most of my Terraria builds here. I'm still learning and testing out a lot of new building styles. I'm always open to tips to improve my technique in anyway I can!

Builds
My first serious build, a medieval tavern. Inspired by the Kriki Village in Super Terraria World. The teleporter activates after a player stands on the pressure plate for 3 seconds to let the player enter or exit. This ensures player don't accidentally enter when passing by the door way. In hindsight I would probably use a logic sensor to trigger the activation of the mechanism instead of a pressure plate for a better cosmetic look.
Capture 2019-02-09 14_58_41.png

Capture 2019-02-09 15_21_01.png House.gif
My second build. A cozy hobbit hole. Inspiration came from BlueJay_T_Gaming's builds. The teleporter activates after a player stands on the pressure plate for 3 seconds to let the player enter or exit. Much like the Medieval Tavern I think if I ever rebuilt this I would utilize logic player sensors.
Capture 2019-02-17 09_11_58.png

Capture 2019-02-17 09_13_24.png
A small camp site outside of a cave. I was experimenting with the idea of using different blocks to make a hole recede into darkness.
Capture 2019-02-24 22_48_09.png
The floating outpost is my take on an image of a floating island in Starbound I found. Maybe occupied by Pirates? I am fairly happy with the end result, if anyone has any tips for creating good looking sails please share, the sails on the ship was my solution to not finding a good looking design. Hopefully they give off the perspective that they have been rolled up much like a sail boat.
Capture 2019-12-10 16_36_59.png

Capture 2019-12-10 16_39_18.png

I started this project several months ago, unfortunately it has sat untouched for too long. Last year life through some curve balls my way, sadly resulting in me having to put gaming aside to focus on my career. I am now happy to say I am at a spot where I feel comfortable to resume this project and gaming in general. The first couple months will defiantly be slow while I relearn the game. I'm defiantly holding back a little to see how 1.3.6 effects the game and its mechanics.

So what is Oceans End?
An adventure map in the making, Oceans End will let you rule the Terrarian Seas. Iconic locations like the Burning Bay, Taratonga, Delismont Island, and Khaios Isle (Yes, a tribute to the legendary builder Khaios. His builds have aways been super inspirational to me and have defiantly influenced my building style!) will let players retrieve quests and bounties, purchase and earn new upgraded items and weapons, hire crew members, and build bigger better ships to help them on their quest to rule the Terrarian Oceans.

I'm hoping to share the first few screenshots in the following weeks. Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
Oh, im referring to the thread banner you made
I can't seem to find my world save for that one. If I remember correctly the letters are made out of full Smooth Marble Blocks hammered to shape. While the bottom bit uses Smooth Marble Blocks hammered in half with Leaf Blocks from the Leaf Wand underneath. Hope that helps!

Well... I have returned to playing Terraria! It seems like ages since I played this game.
I had always wanted to attempt a steampunk themed floating island or something of the sorts. I am fairly happy with the end result, if anyone has any tips for creating good looking sails please share, the sails on the ship was my solution to not finding a good looking design. Hopefully they give off the perspective that they have been rolled up much like a sail boat. Overall I am quite happy with result considering this is my first build in a while.
The build is inspired from an image I found of a floating island in Starbound. Please feel free to critique and let me know how I can improve!
Capture 2019-12-10 16_36_59.png

Capture 2019-12-10 16_39_18.png

Greetings fellow Terrarians,

Just wanted to post a quick update... We have been officially blessed with 1.4 as of the 16th, which means I am finally going to start getting back into the game and exploring the new mechanics. Expect to see progress on my colossal adventure map, Oceans End, very soon! Currently the only hold up is waiting for tModLoader to update to 1.4 so I can utilize Hero's Mod. If you know of any other inventory editors updated for 1.4 please share. Other than that I am super excited to get back into Terraria and be active once again in the community.

Thanks for reading!

Back
Top Bottom