Weapons & Equip Buff Lava Waders.

But that gets rid of my idea for the obsidian rose to allow you to treat lava like honey.
•Ability to walk on water, lava and fire blocks
•*Lava is now a cooler-looking sauna
•20% reduced damage from all other heat sources (there's a lot of heat-resistant things in this recipe, okay?)

•Ability to walk on water, lava and fire blocks
•*Lava is now a cooler-looking sauna
•20% reduced damage from all other heat sources (there's a lot of heat-resistant things in this recipe, okay?)
:D I mainly wanted to give it that use because it's speed penalty isn't as big as honey, and that makes it slightly more viable for arenas.

:D I mainly wanted to give it that use because it's speed penalty isn't as big as honey, and that makes it slightly more viable for arenas.
While also endangering your Lava Wader-less friends; I like it!
EscenceNice.png

Perhaps you could make it so that if you combine laba wafers with a honey comb it would make honey waders that would give all previous effects but make all liquids give the honey buff or just constant honey buff

Reactions: Bry
That Item idea fixes none of the problems the Lava Waders have, which is that they are relevant for exactly 10 minutes of the game. Making them just more of a commodity for that short time is pretty pointless, especially since it's already so easy to carry a Honey Bucket around just for the regen buff.

Best Buff to Lava Waders is having more reasons to explore Hell, and removing Obisidian Skin potions from the game or something.

Last edited:
I have not once ever crafted the Lava Warders before, nor even the Obsidian water walking boots. I agree with a lot of the ideas posted in this thread but Derpies idea to just make them appear in a chest seems the most viable.

The Lava Waders are absurdly rare and don't give you nearly a good enough reward for their rarity. You only need lava resistance maybe twice in a playthrough MAX and even then the job is done better by potions, which last much longer and let you completely ignore EVERY effect of these boots (obsidian skin potions work on fire blocks too). I have a few proposed solutions to this, which could either be added together or just one.
  1. The Magma Charm and Lava Waders now give complete immunity to lava, which sounds overpowered until you realize that that liquid only appears a little above through the bottom quarter of the world, which has literally no exclusive loot after the Wall of Flesh. (except for the unholy trident, which is a weak weapon anyway, and the Fire Feather, which is literally Just an Ice Feather that isn't available as early.) Also make the obsidian rose have lava treated as honey.
  2. Make three guaranteed water chests spawn in each ocean, with a moderately uncommon chance for more to spawn there too. Water Walking boots are far too rare for how useful they are right now. Also raise the Magma Charm's chance to 10%, because again, it's way too rare for how underwhelming it is.
  3. As a more bizarre alternative, make all three of the components unobtainable, and just have lava waders show up in any cavern chest with a 10% chance. This would make them actually worth all the effort you put into getting them.
C o m b i n e a l l t h e l a v a r e l a t e d s t u f f i n t o a m e g a a c c e s s o r y

Please stop with that joke, it was only slightly funny in the first place.
Ok I'll stop :dryadsad:
But honestly the Lava warders could be a drop from a fire related monster, or the best idea which has been said before, they're guaranteed to spawn in a shadow chest.
Plus:
Lower the Rarity to Orange
Allow the player to swim and move quickly in lava
Grant extra defence while in lava (+8 maybe)
And perhaps allow the player to stay in lava for around 2 minutes

And I know this still doesn't make up for the fact that lava is only encountered once or twice, but this idea may make it useful in arenas.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom