Weapons & Equip Buff Nebula Armor

HEY EVERY !

Terrarian
Nebula armor is one of the 4 endgame weapons as we all might know, for the 4 main classes in the game, crafted with a certain amount of luminite bars and lunar fragments that would require us to defeat the lunar event and moonlord 2 times at least, and the endgame armor is surely worth this price as it's the best armor in the game for it's specific class. solar gives a really solid defense and greater damage for melee players, vortex gives a great increase of ranged damage, solid defense, buffs all types of ranged weapons and gives a stealth mode far better than shroomite, and stardust gives the highest number of stats and minions from any summoner armor and also makes a powerfull minion that will always hit it's target and doesn't use a minion slot.

But then there's nebula armor, it gives greater mage stats and better stats than spectre armor, and also the power of creating pillars to give extremelly helpfull buffs for anyone who collets it, but that's the problem, the mage itself with nebula armor depends of the pillar for it's max power, and for that he have to either approach the enemy or circle around it or use rod of discord to teleport to the other side, isn't that hard but can be really harmfull im important situations such as moonlord that we have to fight while running in a single direction away from it so we can avoid most of the true eyes of cthulhu' attacks, if we circle to the other side we'll end up crashing into the 3 eyes, and summoner has the 2nd worst defense between the 4 classes, that makes nebula armor terrible for fighting moonlord, which is something really important for endgame players, and also other cases where we'll have to get the pillars wherever the boss is or passed through.

My ideas to buff nebula armor set:
1-The mage itself would get a shorter lasting version of the effect when creating a pillar, or with a lower chance than creating pillars, making him able to still benefit from the power whitout having to collect the pillars.
2-Making the pillars count as mana stars for celestial magnet acessories, i think that it makes sense and should be in the game, would make collecting pillars a lot easier and quicker
3-Rework the set bonus so it makes auras similar to spectre armor's set bonuses instead of the pillars that have to be collected, the auras would go to a random player that isn't affected by the buff yet, but might need to have lower chances of being made when an enemy is damaged

remember that the problem isn't the armor itself and it's stats and the buff from the set bonus, but collecting the buffs, specially in moonlord fight and any other boss fight as we would have to approach the boss or turn around him

Last edited:
The devs must have felt Nebula Armor was too powerful, because they decided to nerf it in 1.4. From a logical standpoint, buffing it right after a nerf wouldn't make sense.

Well I mean, it technically does give ranged damage if you include its nebulas.

Yeah I don’t think it should be buffed. Regen is insane as a stat and that’s not even taking the other buffs you get from it into consideration.
No no, there was a mistake involved with saying nebula instead of vortex because well the stealth mode was mentioned..,

Don’t you mean vortex? I mean really uhhhh, yeah nebula is magic not ranged lol.
my bad, sry

also the problem of nebula aren't the buffs but collecting them, specially for moonlord since turning around him is a terrible idea, nebula might only be good for multiplayer since a melee player might draw the aggro of the boss while the mage would be getting the buffs from behind

I play on the switch version where the health regen buff doesn’t even work and I still think Nebula Armor is powerful. I get where you’re going at that collecting the buffs can prove troublesome when fighting the moon lord BUT correct prediction could help you evade his attacks while you try and get the buffs.

my bad, sry

also the problem of nebula aren't the buffs but collecting them, specially for moonlord since turning around him is a terrible idea, nebula might only be good for multiplayer since a melee player might draw the aggro of the boss while the mage would be getting the buffs from behind
Teleportation's my only idea there. Try the RoD.

An important point though: The Treasure Magnet, when equipped, increases pickup range for these boosters. Unfortunately, it takes up its own accessory slot and there's no useful mage-oriented tinker combo for it (no tinkers at all).

The three nebulas have a 1/3 chance to appear per hit on an enemy. Given that endgame mage weapons hit multiple times per second, your screen will be littered with nebula buffs if you use them. The buffs also have an increased pick-up range, and turning around is not that much of an issue, since mage weapons have relatively good accuracy and range. It doesn't need a buff in my opinion.

Or you could just have the full nebula buffs before fighting the boss. Before the buffs expire, it's most likely that the boss would have been melted by then, I dunno.

Just saying, I think the reason behind the "only magic damage triggers the set bonus" is that people abused statue farms pre-1.4.

The three nebulas have a 1/3 chance to appear per hit on an enemy. Given that endgame mage weapons hit multiple times per second, your screen will be littered with nebula buffs if you use them. The buffs also have an increased pick-up range, and turning around is not that much of an issue, since mage weapons have relatively good accuracy and range. It doesn't need a buff in my opinion.

Or you could just have the full nebula buffs before fighting the boss. Before the buffs expire, it's most likely that the boss would have been melted by then, I dunno.

Just saying, I think the reason behind the "only magic damage triggers the set bonus" is that people abused statue farms pre-1.4.
it's still stupid for a mage armor to require us to get closer to the boss and possible threats, and that makes spectre armor better than nebula, also turning around moonlord is extremelly dangerous as we'll crash onto the 3 true eyes of cthulhu, making it bad to fight moonlord, the mage could just get a little of the buffs whitout having to collect them

it's still stupid for a mage armor to require us to get closer to the boss and possible threats, and that makes spectre armor better than nebula, also turning around moonlord is extremelly dangerous as we'll crash onto the 3 true eyes of cthulhu, making it bad to fight moonlord, the mage could just get a little of the buffs whitout having to collect them
It was stupid for Nebula armor to be a better tank armor than solar which still activated with melee weapons and effectively outclassed every melee armor in the entire game. There is a reason it was nerfed.

Nebula armor is one of the 4 endgame weapons as we all might know, for the 4 main classes in the game, crafted with a certain amount of luminite bars and lunar fragments that would require us to defeat the lunar event and moonlord 2 times at least, and the endgame armor is surely worth this price as it's the best armor in the game for it's specific class. solar gives a really solid defense and greater damage for melee players, vortex gives a great increase of ranged damage, solid defense, buffs all types of ranged weapons and gives a stealth mode far better than shroomite, and stardust gives the highest number of stats and minions from any summoner armor and also makes a powerfull minion that will always hit it's target and doesn't use a minion slot.

But then there's nebula armor, it gives greater mage stats and better stats than spectre armor, and also the power of creating pillars to give extremelly helpfull buffs for anyone who collets it, but that's the problem, the mage itself with nebula armor depends of the pillar for it's max power, and for that he have to either approach the enemy or circle around it or use rod of discord to teleport to the other side, isn't that hard but can be really harmfull im important situations such as moonlord that we have to fight while running in a single direction away from it so we can avoid most of the true eyes of cthulhu' attacks, if we circle to the other side we'll end up crashing into the 3 eyes, and summoner has the 2nd worst defense between the 4 classes, that makes nebula armor terrible for fighting moonlord, which is something really important for endgame players, and also other cases where we'll have to get the pillars wherever the boss is or passed through.

My ideas to buff nebula armor set:
1-The mage itself would get a shorter lasting version of the effect when creating a pillar, or with a lower chance than creating pillars, making him able to still benefit from the power whitout having to collect the pillars.
2-Making the pillars count as mana stars for celestial magnet acessories, i think that it makes sense and should be in the game, would make collecting pillars a lot easier and quicker
3-Rework the set bonus so it makes auras similar to spectre armor's set bonuses instead of the pillars that have to be collected, the auras would go to a random player that isn't affected by the buff yet, but might need to have lower chances of being made when an enemy is damaged

remember that the problem isn't the armor itself and it's stats and the buff from the set bonus, but collecting the buffs, specially in moonlord fight and any other boss fight as we would have to approach the boss or turn around him
I am the type of player who sees that nebula armor is not good for some situations and that in these situations spectre armor is better, nebular armor was nerfed in 1.4 while epectre armor with mask was buffed in 1.4, I think is more correct to accept that nebula armor is not better than spectre armor in all aspects, in situations where the player fights stopped in one place protected with blocks for example, spectre armor with mask can be better(without buff boosters machine with nebula armor).
Your idea is good in your point of view, but I think that apparently the way the game is currently, the developers wanted to make use of spectre armor so that it is not completely discarded because of the nebula armor, before 1.4 the maximum regeneration of the nebula armor was compared to the healing of the specter armor with hood, but this detail of the regeneration of the nebula armor was nerfed among other things.

Last edited:
I am the type of player who sees that nebula armor is not good for some situations and that in these situations spectre armor is better, nebular armor was nerfed in 1.4 while epectre armor with mask was buffed in 1.4, I think is more correct to accept that nebula armor is not better than spectre armor in all aspects, in situations where the player fights stopped in one place protected with blocks for example, spectre armor with mask can be better(without buff boosters machine with nebula armor).
Your idea is good in your point of view, but I think that apparently the way the game is currently, the developers wanted to make use of spectre armor so that it is not completely discarded because of the nebula armor, before 1.4 the maximum regeneration of the nebula armor was compared to the healing of the specter armor with hood, but this detail of the regeneration of the nebula armor was nerfed among other things.
You are completely forgetting the massive damage bonus that just one Damage booster gives you. -20% damage and amazing regeneration is objectively worse than +15% damage and amazing regeneration. This isn't even mentioning the higher base stats or the Mana regeneration boosters, or even that the 15% damage boost can stack multiple times.

You are completely forgetting the massive damage bonus that just one Damage booster gives you. -20% damage and amazing regeneration is objectively worse than +15% damage and amazing regeneration. This isn't even mentioning the higher base stats or the Mana regeneration boosters, or even that the 15% damage boost can stack multiple times.
With the character focused in offense a specter armor with hood seems to me to have more healing capacity than nebula armor in this 1.4 and you don’t need to get the boosters.

With the character focused in offense a specter armor with hood seems to me to have more healing capacity than nebula armor in this 1.4 and you don’t need to get the boosters.
That doesn't change the fact that the booster's pickup range is way higher than everything else and +45% damage lets you shred everything way faster than -20%. Nebula is a jack of all trades, master of everything. Boss shredding isn't something the Spectre set can do nearly as well. The reason Nebula has less healing is because it does amazingly at everything else, and unless you're using hyperspeed to cheese bosses it takes minimal effort to get it to full power.

That doesn't change the fact that the booster's pickup range is way higher than everything else and +45% damage lets you shred everything way faster than -20%. Nebula is a jack of all trades, master of everything. Boss shredding isn't something the Spectre set can do nearly as well. The reason Nebula has less healing is because it does amazingly at everything else, and unless you're using hyperspeed to cheese bosses it takes minimal effort to get it to full power.
Yes, nebula armor is better than spectre armor in many cases, even with spectre armor with a mask doing +100% damage per orb now in 1.4.
Anyway, I may have exaggerated the healing ability of the spectre armor with hood a little, when the damage is very large and very repetitive even with the hood, the healing orbs seem to take longer time to activate.

Last edited:
nebula armor is worse than spectre, it's extremelly risky for mage to get the pillars since they would be near the boss, and don't even think about going around moonlord just to crash into the true eyes of cthulhu, that makes nebula armor worse than spectre AND WHAT TYPE OF ENDGAME ARMOR CAN'T BE USED FOR MOONLORD?!

nebula armor is worse than spectre, it's extremelly risky for mage to get the pillars since they would be near the boss, and don't even think about going around moonlord just to crash into the true eyes of cthulhu, that makes nebula armor worse than spectre AND WHAT TYPE OF ENDGAME ARMOR CAN'T BE USED FOR MOONLORD?!
It totally can be used for moon lord. If you don’t have a rod of discord (so everyone who doesn’t want to farm for an eternity) the only way to dodge his deathray is to swoop up past his eye. They also magnetize to you from half the screen away because the developers thought of this and boosted the pickup range.

There are situations where I accumulate the nebula armor boosters and i switch to spectre armor (with mask for more damage or with hood for more healing) :)
Although this can be tiring to do many times over and over without a key-bot.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom