Weapons & Equip Buff Nebula Armor

There are situations where I accumulate the nebula armor boosters and i switch to spectre armor (with mask for more damage or with hood for more healing) :)
Although this can be tiring to do many times over and over without a key-bot.
The spectre mask's set bonus is a bit underwhelming you're probably better off sticking with nebula armor since it has higher stats, and you'll also build up a surplus of nebulas to collect.

The spectre mask's set bonus is a bit underwhelming you're probably better off sticking with nebula armor since it has higher stats, and you'll also build up a surplus of nebulas to collect.
I do what I said with the mask because of +100% damage per orb.

4 seconds?
I think this is a lot compared to the experience I had in this 1.4, maybe you are wrong, do you know that "Recovery rate of projectiles generated over time by the mask increased from 150 to 250" in this new version 1.4?
Oh I misunderstood what that meant, I thought that meant a 250 frame cooldown on the attack, which is a little more than 4 seconds. what it actually means is a bit more complex.

When the player does magic damage with the mask, half of the damage is added to 'ghost damage' when ghost damage exceeds 1000 the effect wont activate. in 1.3 'ghost damage' would deplete by 150 per second but now it depletes by 250 per second.

It's way better now but it's still a bit on the weak side, you're probably better off just sticking with nebula to stockpile those op boosters, or switchig to hallowed/nebula/dark artist mix, which has way higher offensive stats.

Oh I misunderstood what that meant, I thought that meant a 250 frame cooldown on the attack, which is a little more than 4 seconds. what it actually means is a bit more complex.

When the player does magic damage with the mask, half of the damage is added to 'ghost damage' when ghost damage exceeds 1000 the effect wont activate. in 1.3 'ghost damage' would deplete by 150 per second but now it depletes by 250 per second.

It's way better now but it's still a bit on the weak side, you're probably better off just sticking with nebula to stockpile those op boosters, or switchig to hallowed/nebula/dark artist mix, which has way higher offensive stats.
Your insistence seems a little confusing, I have now done a new experiment with my magic character with specter armor and I saw that attacking with Razorblade Typhoon against queen slime and then some resistant enemies of the post-plantera dungeon, many orbs of damage appear on the screen in a time of 4 seconds, it’s not 1 orb every 4 seconds as you suggest.

Your insistence seems a little confusing, I have now done a new experiment with my magic character with specter armor and I saw that attacking with Razorblade Typhoon against queen slime and then some resistant enemies of the post-plantera dungeon, many orbs of damage appear on the screen in a time of 4 seconds, it’s not 1 orb every 4 seconds as you suggest.
That’s not what he said at all.

It’s already OP. Nebula with Last Prism shreds Old Ones army tier 3, Pumpkin and frost moon.
Edit: I also had a Celestial Emblem, Celestial Cuffs, Mana Flower and 150 mana potions.

Last edited:
It’s already OP. Nebula with Last Prism shreds Old Ones army tier 3, Pumpkin and frost moon.
Yes, in my last frost moon with my magic character, I felt the need to use this weapon and this armor to reach the "wave 20" in master mode to unlock a christmas day for achievement("Do You Want to Slay a Snowman?).

Last edited:
You're thinking of the Nebula armor as damage focused, which isn't really it's goal. The nebula is a great support armor set. Those buffs aren't meant for you, they're meant for your teammates. Specifically, you'd use the nebula armor while staying away from enemies, and other players would be the ones to approach the buffs, while assisted by your suppressing fire. By yourself, you can just not take it. Hell, by fighting the moon lord to make the armor, chances are you got the last prism, which means: you don't even need those buffs!

You're thinking of the Nebula armor as damage focused, which isn't really it's goal. The nebula is a great support armor set. Those buffs aren't meant for you, they're meant for your teammates. Specifically, you'd use the nebula armor while staying away from enemies, and other players would be the ones to approach the buffs, while assisted by your suppressing fire. By yourself, you can just not take it. Hell, by fighting the moon lord to make the armor, chances are you got the last prism, which means: you don't even need those buffs!
Ironically the nebula armor set gives an incredible +45% magic damage, though.

The mana regeneration booster reduces the frequency of using the mana potion and consequently makes the damage reduction of the mana potion less frequent, indirectly improving the offensive capacity.

No it doesn't, that's for the damage booster, and as i said, it's meant for your teammates more than it's meant for yourself.
The mana regeneration booster reduces the frequency of using the mana potion and consequently makes the damage reduction of the mana potion less frequent, indirectly improving the offensive capacity.
That is the one buff that is actually better for the mage, if you're the only mage player, if someone else is using mana rapidly, the boosters should go to them. I can see a situation where that mana boost could be considerable help to a different mage player, using the spectre set with the healing helmet, as the "increased" damage would allow for better healing.

No it doesn't, that's for the damage booster, and as i said, it's meant for your teammates more than it's meant for yourself.

That is the one buff that is actually better for the mage, if you're the only mage player, if someone else is using mana rapidly, the boosters should go to them. I can see a situation where that mana boost could be considerable help to a different mage player, using the spectre set with the healing helmet, as the "increased" damage would allow for better healing.
I think you don’t realize that if the boss is at least onscreen at all times you will be able to max out your boosters easily and keep them up. The grab range is often underestimated.
Also, those damage boosters were so powerful that in 1.3 you could wear the armor as a melee user and shred through things faster than solar armor could.

I think you don’t realize that if the boss is at least onscreen at all times you will be able to max out your boosters easily and keep them up. The grab range is often underestimated.
Also, those damage boosters were so powerful that in 1.3 you could wear the armor as a melee user and shred through things faster than solar armor could.
yeah, but that's only on a singleplayer setting. considering you have one more player, the boost should go to them first, and to you second.

Picking up a Terraria playthrough again. The Nebula armor nerf in the same patch as Zenith is one of the most hilarious double-standards I've seen in recent years with regards to game balancing.

Zenith? Oh, pssssh its absurd damage and flexibility and homing and infinite range and super fast attack speed with zero mana/ammo cost or any drawbacks at all completely nullifying any weaknesses melee had is fine! It's the end of the game anyway. You have to kill the Moon Lord at least twice. The game's over at that point, you've earned your infinity +1 weapon (but only if you're a melee player). There's no more game left to beat, so the term overpowered doesn't apply anymore. You win, you deserve a gamebreaking prize. If you're melee.

Oh this mage armor set that also requires beating the Moon Lord at least twice? Better nerf that, it's tooooooooooo powerful. Don't want any balancing issues with that there. You've merely beaten every challenge the game has set before you. You don't deserved to be overpowered, good heavens!

Basically deleting enemies by vaguely clicking near them and nullifying any offense-oriented advantage other classes have is fine. Really high health regen? But you'd have higher recovery than the melee armor don't be insane.

Back
Top Bottom