Items Buff the mechanical gauntlet

Should we give the mechanical gauntlet +15% melee damage?

• Yes

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
So right now the mechanical gauntlet gives +12% melee speed and melee damage, and +70% melee knock back.

It is crafted with an avenger emblem and the power glove.

Here's the problem, the celestial emblem in crafted with an avenger emblem and the celestial magnet, but this gives +15% magic Damage and the star pickup range boost.

It's not right that the celestial emblem gets +15% magic damage, but the mechanical gauntlet gets +12% melee damage when they're both crafted out of the avenger emblem.

I suggest we boost the mechanical gauntlet to have +15% melee damage instead of 12%.

Don't forget that it also add 12% melee speed, where the magic emblem doesn't. So DPS wise it is already more superior than the celestial emblem.

Don't forget that it also add 12% melee speed, where the magic emblem doesn't. So DPS wise it is already more superior than the celestial emblem.

When you combine accessories you usually get the full combined effects, I think it should deal 15% damage, same as the warrior emblem. Because you could wear the feral claws and the warrior emblem and have the a stronger effect than the mechanical gauntlet. Raising it to 15% wouldn't allow this.

I think it should give the same Damage boost as the warrior emblem, it would make sense. Like how the celestial emblem gives the same amount of damage as the magic emblem.

When you combine accessories you usually get the full combined effects, I think it should deal 15% damage, same as the warrior emblem. Because you could wear the feral claws and the warrior emblem and have the a stronger effect than the mechanical gauntlet. Raising it to 15% wouldn't allow this.

I think it should give the same Damage boost as the warrior emblem, it would make sense. Like how the celestial emblem gives the same amount of damage as the magic emblem.
It has likely a stronger effect, but it's also at the cost of 2 accessoire slots, not worth it if you're able to combine them anyways.

If you feel like to use the warrior emblem for the clean 15% damage boost, then use the warrior emblem instead, nothing holds you back for not doing it, really.

It has likely a stronger effect, but it's also at the cost of 2 accessoire slots, not worth it if you're able to combine them anyways.

If you feel like to use the warrior emblem for the clean 15% damage boost, then use the warrior emblem instead, nothing holds you back for not doing it, really.

But that wastes 2 slots, I think the gauntlet should just give a full 15% damage, sense 3% can be very effective late hard mode.

The reason why the damage is slightly nerved is likely because of the melee speed increase already. while Magic doesn't get a DPS increase that way and thus only have to rely on damage.

You can't really compare each of the classes, for multiple reasons. I can 1-shot a post-moon lord mage with my melee character with whatever weapon I feel like using.

And yes, I use mechanical glove.

If this buff was added, my meowmere would go up to over 500 damage.

Not.

Good.

The melee speed + melee damage stacks up pretty heavily.

Sorcerer Emblem (15%) + Celestial Emblem (15%) = 30% Damage

Warrior Emblem (15%) + Mechanical Gloves (12% and 12% speed) = 27% Damage & 12% Speed

This is even further compounded by double-stacking with the Fire Gauntlet, which adds an additional 10%/10%. The resulting total is 37% damage + 22% melee speed . . . the end result is closer to 60-65% more DPS overall, whereas a flat "15/15/15" damage would only be 45% more DPS.

The melee accessories are actually more potent than people expect as a result.

Back
Top Bottom