Weapons & Equip Buff the Original HM Ore Armor Sets

Truthfully, I hope that this will be implemented in the next update, but there's no guarantee of that happening.

With that being said, I feel the original 3 hardmode ore armor sets are kind of lacking when compared to their later introduced counterparts.
I feel that this leads to problems, such as the older HM ores being less sought after or wanted.
The newer HM ores have much better set bonuses that have a great effect at enhancing their usefulness, so why don't we do that for their counterparts?

I have a few suggestions for what Re-Logic could do, but I'm no game design expert.
I'd love to hear your suggestions on what the potential set bonuses could be as well.

My ideas include;

- Making Adamantite armor absorb part of damage taken from an enemy and add it to your next attack
- Having Mythril armor more resistant to magic-based attacks (such as attacks from the SkeleWizards in the dungeon)
- Have Cobalt armor heal you for a percentage of your health once you fall below a certain amount

There are other ideas I have, but this is the jist of it.
Feel free to put your own ideas in the comments below.

I think that the buffs should be in the form of stats. The old armors should keep their feel, plus it already works with Adamantite. Its slightly more powerful than Titanium (stat-wise). I even chose it over Titanium before Titanium's nerf. Adamantite is fine, the other two should get stat buffs

I think the more prudent move would just be to nerf the stats of the other HM ore respectively, or to have slight buffs and slight nerfs to the original and new HM ore armors respectively. As it is all the armors are really good, so neither of them need massive buffs.
I agree with Spazmatism7, the old armors should be stat bonus only.

Honestly, the way the game is played doesn't even justify the existence of the 1st and 2nd-tier HM ore armors. As far as I've seen, most people just mine enough to get the pickaxe for Titanium/Adamantite.

Honestly, the way the game is played doesn't even justify the existence of the 1st and 2nd-tier HM ore armors. As far as I've seen, most people just mine enough to get the pickaxe for Titanium/Adamantite.
There's no point getting Titanium and Adamantite below Master mode as Palladium is really good, and can easily beat the mechs. In fact I'm pretty sure I used palladium on my Master Mode playthrough, but I'm not entirely sure.
Grinding for Titanium and Adamantite takes way too long anyways, and your first armor set is quickly replaced by the super OP hallowed armor right after you defeat a mech boss twice.

Oh, I usually just grind up to 3rd tier while farming for other early hardmode materials underground (and yeah, hallowed is super OP for how easy it is to get).

Back
Top Bottom