Items Buff the reaver shark in one way or another to make it usefull again

Grimalinde

Terrarian
Edit since 1.4.1 update:

Thank you so much Re-Logic for not only buffing the Reaver Shark but also in the exact way as I suggested!

————————————————

Dear Re-Logic

As it stands now, since Terraria 1.4, the reaver shark has nerfed so much that it became completely useless.

I have tested it speed and it is even slower than a silver pickaxe, which is bad.

In my opinion it is quite strange to have an item in the game, which is rare too, that is completely useless.

So what I would like to happen to the reaver shark (and also the sawtooth shark) is to buff it in some way, to make it usefull again.

What I would like to see most is that the Reaver Shark gets the Bone Pickaxe treatment, to make it really fast and actually worth it, without making it break the game.

Last edited:
Dear Re-Logic

As it stands now, since Terraria 1.4, the reaver shark has nerfed so much that it became completely useless.

I have tested it speed and it is even slower than a silver pickaxe, which is bad.

In my opinion it is quite strange to have an item in the game, which is rare too, that is completely useless.

So what I would like to happen to the reaver shark (and also the sawtooth shark) is to buff it in some way, to make it usefull again.

What I would like to see most is that the Reaver Shark gets the Bone Pickaxe treatment, to make it really fast and actually worth it, without making it break the game.
Seconded. And while they're at it, they need to rework the nerf to the Daedalus Stormbow/Holy Arrow combo. As it stands now, those two items have become utterly useless against the Mech Bosses. Hell, even a Copper Shortsword (especially with the way it's been buffed to go stabby stabby in roughly the general direction of the cursor) is more effective against the Mech Bosses than a Daedalus Stormbow with Holy Arrows.

Seconded. And while they're at it, they need to rework the nerf to the Daedalus Stormbow/Holy Arrow combo. As it stands now, those two items have become utterly useless against the Mech Bosses. Hell, even a Copper Shortsword (especially with the way it's been buffed to go stabby stabby in roughly the general direction of the cursor) is more effective against the Mech Bosses than a Daedalus Stormbow with Holy Arrows.
What do you even mean it can easily kill the master mode mechs in under two minutes, and it's not even close. That's not useless, that's just actually balanced.

The Reaver Shark's problem was that it could skip all of pre-HM progression, including the need to mine for hellstone, so a simple way to make it useful again without shattering the pre-HM sequence could be to buff it to Demonite/Crimtane level, so it can mine ebonstone/crimstone and hellstone, but you still need the Molten Pick.

It's still useful if you know how to use it right, heck it still tears destroyer to shreds. Just because it's not game breakingly OP doesn't mean it's not a strong weapon.

The Reaver Shark's problem was that it could skip all of pre-HM progression, including the need to mine for hellstone, so a simple way to make it useful again without shattering the pre-HM sequence could be to buff it to Demonite/Crimtane level, so it can mine ebonstone/crimstone and hellstone, but you still need the Molten Pick.

But then you could skip EoW/BoC, honestly I think OP's suggestion of bone pickaxe treatment is the better approach.

Back
Top Bottom