Weapons & Equip Buff the True Excalibur

AgCl

Terrarian
Every once in a while, a melee character finds only one Broken Hero Sword through his first Solar Eclipse. This poses him a choice: craft the True Night's Edge first, or the True Excalibur?
Obviously the answer is True Night's Edge first. It is objectively better.
How about making both equal by giving the T Excalibur autoswing and buffing its damage slightly (from 66 to 76)?
That way, the T Excalibur has a smaller hitbox and lower damage, but is faster and autoswings, while the TNE has a larger hitbox and higher damage but is slower and doesn't autoswing, and the swords are pretty equal in comparison.
Could it be?

I prefer the True Excalibur already because it can pierce one target.

Still it wouldn't take too long untill I can make the Terra Blade though.

I prefer the True Excalibur already because it can pierce one target.
Oh, I think that it shouldn't pierce. The TE's fast swing speed and the piercing effect halve the dps because of frames...
Also, the terra blade is a mess right now, as it is very difficult to obtain before plantera, and if it is obtained after it will be quickly overshadowed by the influx waver. It would be nice if solar tablets were obtainable before plantera... maybe more rare but obtainable

...Then why caring about the True Night's Edge or True Excalibur at all?

Terra Blade's tier is after 1 mech. And it can be obtained after one or two Solar Eclipses, depending on your luck or speed through the game. I see nothing wrong with it.

Last edited:
Oh, I think that it shouldn't pierce. The TE's fast swing speed and the piercing effect halve the dps because of frames...
That's not how melee works. The Fetid Baghnakhs would be completely useless if that were the case. The melee hitbox doesn't follow the same rules as piercing projectiles.

The True excalibur is so much faster than the True Night's edge anyway that I don't think either of them can really be considered superior. The True night's edge is better for heavy hits against bosses while the True excalibur is better for crowd control with it's piercing and much faster speed.

That's not how melee works. The Fetid Baghnakhs would be completely useless if that were the case. The melee hitbox doesn't follow the same rules as piercing projectiles.
Are you sure that the glowy sword projectiles don't trigger frames like bullets do?

Only on other glowy sword projectiles. And any other piercing projectiles, I think.
Also, bullets don't trigger frames, except for the Meteor Shot, I believe.
That's what I said. If you shoot into a crowd of enemies with the True Excalibur projectiles, only half of the projectiles will do damage. That's like using the minishark with the meteor shot - terrible dps. If the TE projectiles didn't pierce, it would be equal to the TNE.

That's what I said. If you shoot into a crowd of enemies with the True Excalibur projectiles, only half of the projectiles will do damage. That's like using the minishark with the meteor shot - terrible dps. If the TE projectiles didn't pierce, it would be equal to the TNE.
...that is not how piercing works. The Projectiles spawn quickly, but not NEARLY quickly enough for I-frames to matter unless you're using a spider staff or some other rapid piercing weapon.

Reactions: Bry
Every once in a while, a melee character finds only one Broken Hero Sword through his first Solar Eclipse. This poses him a choice: craft the True Night's Edge first, or the True Excalibur?
Obviously the answer is True Night's Edge first. It is objectively better.
How about making both equal by giving the T Excalibur autoswing and buffing its damage slightly (from 66 to 76)?
That way, the T Excalibur has a smaller hitbox and lower damage, but is faster and autoswings, while the TNE has a larger hitbox and higher damage but is slower and doesn't autoswing, and the swords are pretty equal in comparison.
Could it be?
It would be rare to get a broken hero sword on your first solar eclipse.
...Then why caring about the True Night's Edge or True Excalibur at all?

Terra Blade's tier is after 1 mech. And it can be obtained after one or two Solar Eclipses, depending on your luck or speed through the game. I see nothing wrong with it.
You can not get TB after 1 mech. Mother on only spawns after all the mech bosses are defeated. Mother on is the only enemy that drops the broken hero sword.

Back
Top Bottom