Buffalo WHR-600D Hosting/Port forwarding? problems

Wombatant

Terrarian
Hello,

I recently purchased a Buffalo WHR-600D router. I have tried for many hours to host on Terraria, but i can NOT get port 7777 to open.

I have...
1. Set my computer's IP address to be static, so it doesn't break my port forwarding later.
2. Logged into router settings, navigated to Games/Apps-> Port Forwarding and forwarded port 7777 for both TCP and UDP to that static IP address (Buffalo menu refers to your local IP as LAN-side IP Address i think)
3. Navigated to Firewall->IP Filter in router settings, and set 4 rules to allow port 7777. See below for one example even though there are 4 rules. (two rules for LAN->Internet and INTERNET->lan for both TCP and UDP = 4 rules)
Action Accept Direction: LAN→Internet
Source Address/Destination Address: All/All
Protocol: UDP port 7777
etc
4. Gone to local firewall settings and created two inbound rules and two outbound rules for port 7777 to allow
5. In windows firewall settings, i have clicked 'Allow an app through the firewall' and Terraria was already on the list and checked several times.

I start up terraria and host a game and go to canyouseeme.org and no matter what, it will not see me on port 7777. I have tried both in game hosting and dedicated server method with no success.

Am i missing something? Really frustrating.. any help is appreciated.

Wombatant.

1. Disable router's firewall completely by selecting disable.
2. Make sure you are using the current LAN IP of your machine for port forwarding "192.168.x.x"
3. Disable Firewall of Windows.
4. Disable firewall on any other devices (Modem that are connected with the router).

1. Disable router's firewall completely by selecting disable.
2. Make sure you are using the current LAN IP of your machine for port forwarding "192.168.x.x"
3. Disable Firewall of Windows.
4. Disable firewall on any other devices (Modem that are connected with the router).

I wasn't able to disable the router's firewall. None of the steps worked... but your step 2 got me to thinking and i figured it out. :) THANKS!

For posterity - Buffalo routers - when you set port 7777 in the firewall->IP filter menu, the destination for both TCP and UDP for WAN-> LAN setting must be set to your local machine, not ALL. ALL doesn't work.

Back
Top Bottom