Blocks & Decoration Buffing Silt

Dapling

Duke Fishron
I remember that when I first found an extractinator, I thought silt was the way to go. Now that I have more experience, I realize that silt isn't actually renewable and is actually highly inefficient to go out of your way for. It saddens me that a block with that unique property of being converted to ore/gems is basically forgotten once you have killed a boss, and isn't even a fast enough option before then anyway. Here are a few things I feel could be changed about it.
  • Each Silt block now gives 1-5 of the ore instead of just 1, this makes it far more efficient and actually gives you a realistic option to get enough alternate ores without going to a new world.
  • In Hardmode, silt gains a chance to give the 6 early hardmode ores. This would give a feasible way to get the ores you didn't get from RNG without requiring you to fish up crates (especially since you won't be able to save them up in prehardmode once 1.4 hits.)
  • A new "Ash Storm" weather event has a 0.5% chance to show up each day with no criteria (appears as a slush storm in the snow biome). It causes projectiles similar to the ones created by falling silt to fall from the sky, the difference being they do not create silt on impact, fall more slowly, do not damage anything upon hit, and are affected by wind. Using a bug net on the falling ashes/slush gives you one silt/slush block. This makes silt/slush renewable, and therefore finally makes gems renewable as well.
Also, two quality of life changes that would be great (but not required) are that smart cursor automatically targets the extractinator while you're holding silt/slush/desert fossils, and to lower the use time of silt/slush/fossils in order to make extractinating stacks less tedious (thanks @J Bame)

Last edited:
So lower the use time of Silt then?
More like increasing the placement speed when dumping it in the extractonator. According to the wiki, accessories that increase placement speed do affect dumping silt in the extractonator albeit only a bit.

More like increasing the placement speed when dumping it in the extractonator. According to the wiki, accessories that increase placement speed do affect dumping silt in the extractonator albeit only a bit.
Yes, but increasing placement speed.... is done by lowering the use time of blocks.

hmmm...the only thing i can think of is to automatically add whatever comes out into your inventory but it does that if your real close to it anyways. If we're talking buffs to silt/slush then maybe have it to when you beat one of the three mech bosses, a tier of ore is introduced to the table of loot.(Ex: The Destroyer=Cobalt/Palladium, Prime=Mythril/Oricalcum, Twins=Titanium/Adamantite). Keep in mind this is just another way to get the ores in the first place without breaking altars since FISHING IS OP:dryadcool:

hmmm...the only thing i can think of is to automatically add whatever comes out into your inventory but it does that if your real close to it anyways. If we're talking buffs to silt/slush then maybe have it to when you beat one of the three mech bosses, a tier of ore is introduced to the table of loot.(Ex: The Destroyer=Cobalt/Palladium, Prime=Mythril/Oricalcum, Twins=Titanium/Adamantite). Keep in mind this is just another way to get the ores in the first place without breaking altars since FISHING IS OP:dryadcool:
Why would you need those three ores (except titanium) AFTER the mechs?

Now I'm starting to think that silt was only introduced to be useful in the early game and nothing else unless you're a gem hunter

Honestly, I feel like selling the Extractinators I get is better than actually extractinating :red:, it's so not worth it. I'm down for this.

If you have a better way to make silt (and therefore gems) renewable, be my guest. But until I know it, I'm keeping that in there.
You COULD make Autohammer be able to also convert Stone to Silt, but I think I like the Siltstorm better.

Back
Top Bottom