Blocks & Decoration Buffing Silt

Plus, stone technically isn't renewable, just highly abundant.
With how much stone there is in the world, is its renewability really an issue?
(Don't actually use that excuse for anything in real life, please)
uuuuhh

I think its great! The silt storm idea is cool, but maybe we could have an enemy that drops it instead. I was going to suggest the black slime (because slime + silt = black slime,) but its already a rare-ish enemy, especially in HM.

Support. Silt/slush is a really good way to get gems as it's easier to find in large quantities than gems are. Being able to dump the whole stack of silt / slush / fossil at once into the Extractinator would be a big help. That might overload the game's 400 item limit, so perhaps the Extractinator would need some kind of storage functionality so the results are saved into storage rather than being dropped.

TL;DR: Put whole stack of silt / slush / fossil into Extractinator. Right-click Extractinator like a chest to see your obtained items.

I would just like to say something, desert fossils are renewable and they can be used in the extractinator (sorry if I spelled that wrong). Desert fossils are dropped by Basilisks.

I would just like to say something, desert fossils are renewable and they can be used in the extractinator (sorry if I spelled that wrong). Desert fossils are dropped by Basilisks.
nope, they drop sturdy fossils, which are the already extracted form.

Reactions: Bry
With how much stone there is in the world, is its renewability really an issue?
(Don't actually use that excuse for anything in real life, please) View attachment 230913
Large Worlds Have About 21 Million Or So Blocks, From Corner To Corner, Lets Assume That 70% Of All That (Factoring In Empty Space) Is Stone. That's About 14.7 Million Stone Blocks, Which In Stacks Of 999, Would Be 14,714 Stacks, Which Would Fill 367 Chests To The Lid. The Chest Limit Is 1000, So You Could Fit Almost Three Large Worlds Of Stone In All The Chests In One World.

I remember that when I first found an extractinator, I thought silt was the way to go. Now that I have more experience, I realize that silt isn't actually renewable and is actually highly inefficient to go out of your way for. It saddens me that a block with that unique property of being converted to ore/gems is basically forgotten once you have killed a boss, and isn't even a fast enough option before then anyway. Here are a few things I feel could be changed about it.
  • Each Silt block now gives 1-5 of the ore instead of just 1, this makes it far more efficient and actually gives you a realistic option to get enough alternate ores without going to a new world.
  • In Hardmode, silt gains a chance to give the 6 early hardmode ores. This would give a feasible way to get the ores you didn't get from RNG without requiring you to fish up crates (especially since you won't be able to save them up in prehardmode once 1.4 hits.)
  • A new "Ash Storm" weather event has a 0.5% chance to show up each day with no criteria (appears as a slush storm in the snow biome). It causes projectiles similar to the ones created by falling silt to fall from the sky, the difference being they do not create silt on impact, fall more slowly, do not damage anything upon hit, and are affected by wind. Using a bug net on the falling ashes/slush gives you one silt/slush block. This makes silt/slush renewable, and therefore finally makes gems renewable as well.
Also, two quality of life changes that would be great (but not required) are that smart cursor automatically targets the extractinator while you're holding silt/slush/desert fossils, and to lower the use time of silt/slush/fossils in order to make extractinating stacks less tedious (thanks @J Bame)
But.... But... r e a l i s m

Ash Storm doesn't make much sense to me, but I like the idea of blocks falling from the sky

What if blocks occasionally fell from the sky during Sandstorms instead? And sand could be converted into silt?

Ash Storm doesn't make much sense to me, but I like the idea of blocks falling from the sky

What if blocks occasionally fell from the sky during Sandstorms instead? And sand could be converted into silt?
Sand already has a use which I don't think something like silt could compete with: Glass.

Sand already has a use which I don't think something like silt could compete with: Glass.
You're right, Slush during Blizzards makes more sense

But I still think they should fall as blocks and not projectiles, just have them melt when rain stops

You're right, Slush during Blizzards makes more sense

But I still think they should fall as blocks and not projectiles, just have them melt when rain stops
I don't think I can get support for something like that, as every time something non-player related alters the environment, people always utterly loathe it and ask it to change.

I am still very confused about this whole Siltstorm thing, and I'm not really a fan of it...how about instead of all this:

Make it so when you have snow in your inventory you can go near water to craft it into Slush just like how you can go from Dirt -> Mud in the same way.

I am still very confused about this whole Siltstorm thing, and I'm not really a fan of it...how about instead of all this:

Make it so when you have snow in your inventory you can go near water to craft it into Slush just like how you can go from Dirt -> Mud in the same way.
Snow (usually, I know about the frost legion, but that's highly limited) isn't renewable though, just highly abundant.

Snow (usually, I know about the frost legion, but that's highly limited??????) isn't renewable though, just highly abundant.
-_-
Wot..png

Frost Legion Terraria Wiki:
Wot2..png

Think of defeating the Frost Legion (with the implementing of my idea) as a treasure trove, you get an average of 900 blocks of snow for a win not even including what they throw, you convert all that 900 Snow into Slush that can then be Extractinated, or you can just throw some Dynamite onto anywhere in the snow biome and boom (hehe pun), profit.

Last edited:
-_-
View attachment 233415
Frost Legion Terraria Wiki:
View attachment 233416
Think of defeating the Frost Legion (with the implementing of my idea) as a treasure trove, you get an average of 900 blocks of snow for a win not even including what they throw, you convert all that 900 Snow into Slush that can then be Extractinated, or you can just throw some Dynamite onto anywhere in the snow biome and boom (hehe pun), profit.
By "highly limited" I meant you can only get it for under a month every year, not limited in quantity.

Reactions: Bry
Maybe mined Snow Blocks on the surface can regenerate during a snowstorm if they had the naturally-generated Snow walls behind them?
All we'd need then is the ability to craft Snow Walls and problems that would arise with building are dealt with, too.

Silt storm in snow, hmmmmm... Looks like pollution, but it's a good idea through, considering there are advanced tech (steampunker exists) and fits into the gameplay mechanics if it was pollution. BUT the silt is smashed stone so... It's very unlikely that's going to be a silt storm, unless there's a sub-biome in snow biome that is a hole like the underground desert and its called silt mines, then the winds would carry the silt to the surface (unlikely, better just the silt biome being there). Anyway, it's better just smash stone, and now stone is renewable so why not? Yoy can even create a world just for gathering stone.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom