PC Bug launch the game!

LordAtomik

Terrarian
Hi, I just bought the game Terraria on steam, and when I install it I want to run, it downloads the file and launch an installer that downloads a thing in two seconds and closes after all and the game starts not ... I hope you can help me.

I apologize for mistakes, but this text is written using a translator because I am French.

Good day to you!

salut LordAtomik je suis désolé d'entendre votre jeu ne fonctionne pas, vous devriez essayer de le réinstaller. Je ne peux donner aucune autre conseiller parce que vous ne donnez pas plus de détails très: PI espère que cela fonctionne et si elle ne le fait pas juste message je à nouveau
Cela a également été traduit désolé pour les erreurs de grammaire xd

Je voudrais essayer de réinstaller le jeu, mais êtes-vous sur un ordinateur Apple ou avez-vous un système d'exploitation Linux ? si vous le faites alors vous pourriez avoir à attendre qu'ils ne fonctionnent pas correctement sur l'un de ces
I'm not french, I used a translate website

Je vais avoir le même problème aussi, mais de réinstaller le jeu ne fonctionne pas. Réinstallation Vapeur ne fonctionne pas, et de redémarrer mon ordinateur ne fonctionne pas non plus.

(I'm not French either, used a translator)

Edit: Translation:
I'm having the same problem too, but reinstalling the game didn't work. Reinstalling Steam didn't work, and restarting my computer didn't work either.

Hi,

Welcome to PC Support Section.

In order to further assist you, please verify the following information below before proceeding. Please, we remind you that Terraria has certain requirements in order to function properly on your system. If you fail to check these requirements you may encounter errors or issues.

In order to further assist you, please consider posting your System Specifications. You can obtain this information by Right-Clicking My Computer on your system. You will get basic information about your Processor and RAM. If you wish to get a full detailed list, you can use third party software to determine your specifications.

Available Third Party Software
System Requirements
  • Processor: 1.6 Ghz (Single Core)
  • Memory: 512 MB
  • Hard Disk Space: 200 MB
  • Video Card: 128 MB Video Memory, Shader Model 1.1 Support
  • DirectX®: 9.0c or Greater
Game Dependencies(MUST Install)
Troubleshooting Your Problem with TerrariaServer.exe
In order to figure out what your problem is with the game, we require that you run the Terraria Server Client (TerrariaServer.exe). This will display any errors or successes on launch. Should there be any errors from the program itself, use the command prompt and copy the error to display it here.
  1. Right click within the Command Prompt.
  2. In the drop-down menu, select Mark.
  3. Once you made a selection, Right Click or Press Enter to copy.
  4. Paste your results in your thread.
If you have trouble with the above instructions, your system might be showing "Not Responding" or your System may need to be rebooted to start clean.

Before proceeding any further, please delete the config.dat file located in your Terraria Folder under My Documents/My Games. Then start Terraria again, this may fix some unexplained issues, but we wish to make sure you are running a nice and clean installation:
  1. Locate My Documents Folder.
  2. Open My Games Folder.
  3. Open Terraria Folder.
  4. Delete Config.dat file from this location.
Verify Terraria's Steam Cache
If your game is unresponsive at times, it is recommened you do a Verify Steam Cache with the game provided for Steam (This does not included GOG).
  1. Goto My Library on Steam.
  2. Right-Click Terraria and Select Properties.
  3. Goto Local Files Tab.
  4. Now Select Verify Integrity of Game Cache.
If you have trouble with the above instructions, you may be using a different provider or retailer.
Frequently Asked Questions

Q: My world has corrupted somehow and will not load properly, what can I do?
A: You may have corrupted the world by using modded clients, computer shutdown before the world could complete the save, or system failure within Terraria that caused the problem. You can try attempting to load your world using TEdit (Download).

Q: My game is not launching, or I get errors regarding XNA/.NET Framework!
A: You can attempt to make sure you have all Game Dependencies first, then try attempting this solution:

If you don't feel like sifting through all that, it's basically to do with the framework permissions.

This is how you change the right to use Framework/XNA:
  1. Right-Click the specific directory (Listed Below).
  2. Select Properties.
  3. Select the Security Tab
  4. Click on Advanced Option
  5. Select the Owner Tab
  6. Click on the bottom button to Edit.
  7. On this window select the Administrator in the row and make sure to select the Checkboxes below.
  8. Hit Apply and close all the windows.
  9. Try running the game again.
Do the above for all of the following FOLDERS:

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_32:
Microsoft.Xna.Framework\v4.0_4.0.0.0__842cf8be1de50553
Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game\v4.0_4.0.0.0__842cf8be1de50553
Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics\v4.0_4.0.0.0__842cf8be1de50553
Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Xact\v4.0_4.0.0.0__842cf8be1de50553

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MSIL:
Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Avatar\v4.0_4.0.0.0__842cf8be1de50553
Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GamerServices\v4.0_4.0.0.0__842cf8be1de50553
Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Input.Touch\v4.0_4.0.0.0__842cf8be1de50553
Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Net\v4.0_4.0.0.0__842cf8be1de50553
Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Storage\v4.0_4.0.0.0__842cf8be1de50553
Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Video\v4.0_4.0.0.0__842cf8be1de50553

Q: Steam has reported that one (1) file has failed verification and was downloaded?
A: This file is known as the serverconfig.txt file. Originally this file shouldn't be packed with the game as Terraria should create this file automatically on launch if it is missing or out of date. Due to it being changed and updated by server owners, the file will constantly fail the verification process. This has no effect on playing the game, and can be ignored.

Last edited:
yes that is true, you can find it by my knowledge just go to start on windows 7, rightclick on computer and click properties. Under type system it should say whether it is a 64 or 32 bit computer

If I reset my computer to factory settings and re-download everything I need to play Terraria, will that work? Because even though I have everything downloaded, it doesn't work.

If I reset my computer to factory settings and re-download everything I need to play Terraria, will that work? Because even though I have everything downloaded, it doesn't work.
essayez de rechercher désinstaller un programme (uninstall a program) puis de désinstaller la mauvaise version de ce programme
edit: oops your not french like the original guy
try searching uninstall a program and uninstall the incorrect one

essayez de rechercher désinstaller un programme (uninstall a program) puis de désinstaller la mauvaise version de ce programme
edit: oops your not french like the original guy
try searching uninstall a program and uninstall the incorrect one

That still doesn't work :/

I might just try resetting my computer to factory settings, or getting a new one, since this one is actually quite old.

Edit: My computer is old but it still easily meets the requirements of the game.

That still doesn't work :/

I might just try resetting my computer to factory settings, or getting a new one, since this one is actually quite old.

Edit: My computer is old but it still easily meets the requirements of the game.
yeah just try resetting your computer

Please follow the instructions posted regarding the TerrariaServer Troubleshooting, and we may be able to help you.

Back
Top Bottom