• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

(Bug?) New World Spawn Point at Sky Lake

MClark

Terrarian
So I just created a new character and a new world (medium-sized, expert-mode, and I chose corruption). Once I got into the world, my character and the Guide were on a Sky Lake. It's really cool, and I think it's really unique that it happened, but it makes the world essentially impossible to explore as the player has no way to safely get down (except maybe draining the water and riding that down, but then what happens when they die and respawn again?). I'm really not sure if it's a bug, or just a random coincidence that somehow happened to me. Funnily enough, I had named my character "Sky" and the world "Blue", so it's "Sky Blue", and it just so happened that this was the one world with the spawn point in the sky. I do not have any mods active, and have not used any editors on this world or character. I have used inventory editors on other characters in the past, but my new character was the first one to enter this world. Just thought I should get on and post something in case it is a bug. Here's a screenshot:
upload_2016-11-23_12-0-5.png

Gotcha!

Pumpking
I wouldn't call it a bug, just a very unfortunate randomly generated map.
The only thing you can try is like you said, digging through the cloud and 'ride' the waterwave down. Dunno if it works, but, hey, there's a challenge. :D
If you do that, better not respawn though. No way off that cloud a second time.

Edit: No, what am I saying? You can of course create very long stairs down from the cloud tiles you can collect.

InstaFiz

Slime Collector
I wouldn't call it a bug, just a very unfortunate randomly generated map.
The only thing you can try is digging through the cloud and 'ride' the waterwave down. Dunno if it works, but, hey, there's a challenge. :D
If you do that, better not respawn though. No way off that cloud a second time.

Edit: No, what am I saying? You can of course create very long stairs down from the cloud tiles you can collect.
yea and then get a bed as soon as possible. either that, or create a pool below for safe landing

Eli10293

Spazmatism
So I just created a new character and a new world (medium-sized, expert-mode, and I chose corruption). Once I got into the world, my character and the Guide were on a Sky Lake. It's really cool, and I think it's really unique that it happened, but it makes the world essentially impossible to explore as the player has no way to safely get down (except maybe draining the water and riding that down, but then what happens when they die and respawn again?). I'm really not sure if it's a bug, or just a random coincidence that somehow happened to me. Funnily enough, I had named my character "Sky" and the world "Blue", so it's "Sky Blue", and it just so happened that this was the one world with the spawn point in the sky. I do not have any mods active, and have not used any editors on this world or character. I have used inventory editors on other characters in the past, but my new character was the first one to enter this world. Just thought I should get on and post something in case it is a bug. Here's a screenshot:
View attachment 149030
Can I see the world seed?

MClark

Terrarian
By "world seed" do you just mean the world's file? I've already started exploring the world, building houses, and looting. So it's no longer just the basic world. Probably should've thought of that sooner and made a copy of the original world before I started doing anything.

InstaFiz

Slime Collector
By "world seed" do you just mean the world's file? I've already started exploring the world, building houses, and looting. So it's no longer just the basic world. Probably should've thought of that sooner and made a copy of the original world before I started doing anything.
no, they added seeds in the 1.3.4 update

MClark

Terrarian
Oh, ok. Well, I enabled the seed function, and hit "copy seed", and then hit paste in notepad and this was all it was: "936616411" Not sure if that's what you were looking for. Is there something else I need to do to get the "seed"?
[doublepost=1479933014,1479932652][/doublepost]
I'd like to see that too. It's amusingly crazy.
no, they added seeds in the 1.3.4 update
Ok. Just watched a video on it. I'm pretty sure I did it right. The seed for the world is 936616411
It's a medium world, corruption, and expert mode

Last edited:

ManaUser

Brain of Cthulhu
Yeah, that should be it. But we also need to know what size the world is, and possible evil type and difficulty (expert/normal). I appreciate you checking for use though. This looks like it might be a fun little challenge world to fool around with.

Edit: Nevermind, I see you said all that in the first post. Gonna test it out now.

Edit 2: Yep! It works. Thanks again for sharing.

And as funny as it is, it probably does qualify as a bug, I don't think this is really meant to happen.

Edit 3: Getting down is easy-peasy, just spill some water and "surf" to the ground.

Last edited:

Gotcha!

Pumpking
And as funny as it is, it probably does qualify as a bug, I don't think this is really meant to happen.
It's not intended, sure. Starting the game from a cloud is definitely not a good start. But complex random map generation in a game like this will lead to something undesired eventually. Just take a look at all the screenshots with weird stuff in them.
I bet this is just a 1 in a 100.000+ chance for this to occur.

Unftf

Terrarian
He did money with your findings!

A nice seed,won't be the last time we read from it.

You should get some patent for it. :)

Top Bottom