Working as Designed Bug regarding UG and Cavern camera mode filters and forest backgrounds

superwill771

Terrarian
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Did you know that 1.4 worlds are divided into separate parts, in which forest has separate backgrounds and tree styles in each? For instance, small worlds have different forest biome and tree style on two parts of the world.

Well, I found out something about the underground and cavern filters in camera mode:

Left: This is a screenshot of a small Journey Mode world, the left part, with no filters.
Right: Right part of the world, also without filters.
Capture 2020-09-28 18_48_35.png
Capture 2020-09-28 18_52_13.png

The underground and cavern filters seem to work fine for the background of the first half of the world. However, for the last half, it weirdly gives the forest background from the left part.
Capture 2020-09-28 18_54_09.png
Capture 2020-09-28 18_54_10.png
Capture 2020-09-28 18_54_37.png
Capture 2020-09-28 18_54_39.png

Anyone who can reproduce this issue such and report it, such as @Sigma90 will be pleased.

Update: I think that the bugged crimson filter gives the same issue with forest backgrounds.

Last edited:
It's actually three parts of the world - each outer third and the centre third. Each part can have a different background and tree style. They may also have the same style.

I have a feeling Underground/Cavern filters may only work underground. With no surface background, it's using the default Forest background. You can see in the screenshot that the water colour is different so the filter is being applied, at least partially. I'll check it out - thanks for the report!

It's actually three parts of the world - each outer third and the centre third. Each part can have a different background and tree style. They may also have the same style.

I have a feeling Underground/Cavern filters may only work underground. With no surface background, it's using the default Forest background. You can see in the screenshot that the water colour is different so the filter is being applied, at least partially. I'll check it out - thanks for the report!
Welcome you. You forgot to tag this thread as reported, btw.

Welcome you. You forgot to tag this thread as reported, btw.
At the time of posting my reply, I hadn't confirmed it so I didn't tag the thread. :)
I have now tested it and was able to reproduce the behaviour you described. I have to confirm if this is intended though; the filters might not have a background for the surface.

I've been advised this is intentional behaviour; the filters don't have a background for the surface. They are mostly there to apply to the water colour.
Thank you for the report, and if you notice any other oddities with the filters, please do report them so we can check it out.

Edit: Quick note that the Crimson filter has been confirmed to have problems and has been reported.

Back
Top Bottom