PC Bug Report for Multiplayer Lags in 1.3

Soronity

Plantera
Hello,

so this is my Bug report for the Multiplayer lags, i know there are many threads about this, but ill do one with many Informations.

Singleplayer: It does not lag, its fine 40-60 Frames. No Problems

Multiplayer: It does lag very hard, its not playable. When does it happen: It happens, if you join or host a server, it doesn´t matter if the server is hosted on Hmachi, Nitrado or on a Player. same problem.

Options in Multiplayer: I tried every option in Terraria, Multicore Lightning, Resolution, Lightning etc... still same Problem.

Things i tried, but did not help: Reinstalld Terraria (including clearing every little thing of terraria, also "C:\Users\home\Documents\My Games\Terraria" , started Terraria with compitablity mode, Reinstalled Xna Framework and Framework Net, Installed Framework net 4.5.2, i tried to do a clean Reboot, Turned Firewall Off, searched for Viruses, Went into Amd Graphix Options and activate tripple buffering and Vsync and turned Frame Skip to Off . I also tried to uninstall steam, useless Programs etc.

Things to Notice: Everything worked completly fine in 1.2 without Problems, since 1.3 is released i only have the problems in Multiplayer.

Not the best Hardware, but enough to play singleplayer on 40-60 Frames:

Cpu: AMD E-450 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 1.65 Ghz Dual Core.

Graphic Card: Amd Radeon HD 6320 M

Memory: 8Gb Ram

Harddrive: 465 Gb

Laptop / Computer: Laptop, Lenovo G575

Notice 2: Other Ppl also got this Problem, not only on Low Spec Computers, also on High Specs.

Screens, Singleplayer and Multiplayer:

Singleplayer: FPs in the Left Down Corner.

n3EKr8h.png

Multiplayer:
rWHcDSC.png

2 Frames, thats nooooot normal.

Take a look at it Loki!

is your terraria on a different drive from your OS? Installing it on the same drive as my OS fixed it for me

I am also getting this, I have noticed and tested also, hosting my own server with TerrariaServer.exe and joining via local IP 127.0.0.1 and it lags as if I was on a multiplayer server. But not in singleplayer at all. This leads me to believe there is an issue with the TerrariaServer.exe coding or netcode related to it.

I've been having problems, too.
Single player works just fine but as soon as I join my friends server I lag hardcore and it's visible on his end as well. Him and my other friend seem to be able to play just fine, though.
I've tried changing the lighting, turning Frame Skip on/off, closing extra programs, etc. Nothing works.

I'd like to note that I also have this problem, but changing my lighting to Retro/Trippy fixed it for the most part for me. The max amount of frames I had was lower, but whenever I got lagspikes, where it would become unplayable, which was VERY often, it would only drop by maybe half, which was definitely still playable. Eventually my frames went back to normal with the different lighting and the spikes stopped.

I'm glad i'm not the only one having such a problem. I try hosting a server through steam so me and a friend can play but he gets such bad lag, I don't know what to do. I've tried setting the priority to high but it doesnt make a difference. So if anyone has an answer on how to fix this please do tell me.

I'm glad i'm not the only one having such a problem. I try hosting a server through steam so me and a friend can play but he gets such bad lag, I don't know what to do. I've tried setting the priority to high but it doesnt make a difference. So if anyone has an answer on how to fix this please do tell me.
Changing settings seems to work for a few people, but for most people with this we need to wait for another hotfix. Assuming that'll fix it anyways.

Ok so I think I know how to fix the lagspiking problem...atleast for me.You have to turn off the "multicore lighting" in the settings menu ;)

Ok so I think I know how to fix the lagspiking problem...atleast for me.You have to turn off the "multicore lighting" in the settings menu ;)

Options in Multiplayer: I tried every option in Terraria, Multicore Lightning, Resolution, Lightning etc... still same Problem.

You're R E T A R D E D.

Same problem, reporting in.

Just wanted to say me and some friends are having this issue with a dedicated server. It's very frustrating. the AI mobs will literally repeat almost entire jumping/hopping/knock-back animations. I hope we see this problem fixed soon.

Just wanted to say me and some friends are having this issue with a dedicated server. It's very frustrating. the AI mobs will literally repeat almost entire jumping/hopping/knock-back animations. I hope we see this problem fixed soon.

That's a different type of lag, bud. And it's most likely his internet, or yours.

@adrift Not a reason to insult sb, keep calm. I guess all of you have their graphic drivers up to date? This problem is the worst one right now. I hate it that a lot of ppl cannot play multiplayer properly.

Back
Top Bottom