**REPORTED** BUG - Visible Mannequins on screen disable Extendo Grip's interact range

Contagious

Terrarian
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Terraria Version 1.4.05
Windows 10
Tested in Single Player only.

While a Mannequin or Womannequin is visible on screen (or just barely off screen), the bonus interact range that the Extendo Grip/Architect Gizmo Pack provides when opening chests is disabled.

"Disabled" isn't exactly the right word. The chest can still be interacted with but the inventory screen of the chest only just flashes open very briefly and then instantly closes. But note that if AutoPause is enabled, the game pauses before the chest's inventory has a chance to disappear. This occurs while interacting with a chest only within the bonus range the accessory provides.

When the in-game ruler is activated and while standing centered on a tile:
Without the Extendo Grip/Gizmo Pack equipped, the player can interact with chests up to 5 tiles away.
With the accessory equipped, the player can interact with chests up to 8 tiles away.

While a Mannequin or Womannequin is visible on screen, the above described bug of the chest's inventory only briefly appearing while autopause is disabled, occurs when trying to open chests further than 5 tiles away but 8 tiles or closer.

This took me a really long time to isolate what was causing the issue. I've just about finished a new base in my world that i've been working on the past month or so and recently placed some mannequins i'm using in a trophy room, which is near my crafting room. My crafting room relies heavily on the accessory and precise chest/player placement. Luckily having autopause enabled will be able to hide the bug for now. Multiple worlds and characters (Journey & non-Journey) were tested before posting this report. Provided 2 screenshots for reference, although you can't actually see the bug in effect in a single frame/photo.

If anyone else tests this and receives different (or the same) results, could you respond saying so? Thanks. (remember to disable the extended reach Journey Mode "power" if using a Journey character)

-- EDIT: Found this bug report after posting mine. Should have done a search first. Architect Gizmo Pack vs Mannequin

-- EDIT 2: The bug also occurs with the "Hat Rack" that was added in 1.4

Attachments

• Bug Report Photo 1.jpg
    Bug Report Photo 1.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 192
  • Bug Report Photo 2.jpg
    Bug Report Photo 2.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Thanks for the report!
There have been a few issues floating around and it was a known issue that in some cases, Extendo Grip / Gizmo Pack weren't working as expected. The presence of a mannequin (or similar) being on the screen was the missing link. I was able to reproduce the behaviour you noticed and this is reported now.

So with 1.4.1 now released, I read through all the bugfixes and was disappointed that this issue wasn't among them. Was hopeful maybe it was just not written in the fixed list but just tested in-game and the bug still persists.

Imo, I don't think this bug is really one that developers would think is small enough to disregard, so i'm thinking it may have been forgotten about since it was reported not long ago (i.e. probably after all/most of the bugfixes were written into 1.4.1).

Unfortunately, this particular bug was not included in 1.4.1. But it has been reported, so there's still a chance a fix might make it in a future update. :)

This is a known bug in our system but was not one of the ones we have fixed at this time.

Back
Top Bottom