Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
i was making a farm in hardmode and when i put down both biomes, only the hallow showed signs of being activated even with the corruption/crimson blocks placed down and i dont know if im doing something wrong or just some gam4e mechanics or bugs

i was making a farm in hardmode and when i put down both biomes, only the hallow showed signs of being activated even with the corruption/crimson blocks placed down and i dont know if im doing something wrong or just some gam4e mechanics or bugs
Each specific bu Me requires certain amount of blocks to allow them to be the biome, also I wouldn’t try putting them together like that, I would keep it spread out and keep them contained, but yeah they require different amount of blocks l

Hallow and Corruption/Crimson are mutually exclusive. You can't have both active at the same time.

You could try placing actuators on the Hallow, Corruption and Crimson blocks so that you can turn on/off the biomes.

All biomes (I think all, anyway) require more blocks to activate in 1.4 than they did.
The requirements for a snow biome was increased to ~1600 blocks of snow/ice. I think Jungle was increased too but can't find mention of this. (It might be same number - it used to be very low.)

post a screenshot to see if you're doing something wrong

in 1.4 snow/desert require 1500 blocks, crimson/corruption 300, jungle 140 and hallow 125

also, remember that hallow and corruption/crimson cancel out each other (e.g. 300 crimson+125 hallow=175 crimson, thus no biome is activated)

Last I knew, deactivating blocks won't affect the biome they are creating. This is how I make giant arenas in the Jungle. I can keep it jungle by putting a bunch of jungle blocks in the center, and deactivating them so they don't get in my way. Would be nice if it did work, though.

Back
Top Bottom