Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Prefixes that includes a speed modifier will contrary affect the whip range, more speed decreases the range, while less speed increases the range, making the Sluggish prefix increase the most range. Also, size modifier does nothing. This all happens in every whip that I tested.

Increasing the range of a whip is essential, so I like to suggest the size modifier be used for this

I think this . . . might be an unavoidable side effect of how whips work. Faster whips are literally smaller, automatically. When I was balancing them, increasing their speed made them shorter/vice versa. It would take a pretty substantial rewrite of them to fix this, but I'll bring it up.

(was going to make a report, but saw this one) So instead I have a visual example of this for those interested:

Whip used: Snapthorn

No Modifier: 13 Blocks
1590651814833.png

Bulky Modifier (-13% Speed): 15 Blocks
1590651871712.png

Sluggish Modifier (-20% Speed): 16 Blocks
1590651910091.png

Deadly Modifier (+10% Speed): 12 Blocks
1590651940320.png

Light Modifier (+13% Speed): 11 Blocks
1590652229876.png

Last edited:
I think this . . . might be an unavoidable side effect of how whips work. Faster whips are literally smaller, automatically. When I was balancing them, increasing their speed made them shorter/vice versa. It would take a pretty substantial rewrite of them to fix this, but I'll bring it up.

But then why were whips given such short range? Early game I can understand, but why would the later mid to end game whips still be so limited to their range, especially considering summoner armour being paper?

I don't personally consider their range as short as people are claiming.

The fact that Summoners have low defense doesn't change that matter. They are whips, not guns, they aren't meant to hit from across the screen.

However, bugs are bugs, and the prefix behavior is not intended.

I don't personally consider their range as short as people are claiming.

The fact that Summoners have low defense doesn't change that matter. They are whips, not guns, they aren't meant to hit from across the screen.

However, bugs are bugs, and the prefix behavior is not intended.

fair enough I guess. I'm just so used to mono-class playthroughs that it's annoying sometimes to see everyone else dealing direct damage and my minions just kinda flying away. Sorry for being so salty, 1.4 is an amazing update and y'all put a ton of work into it

Back
Top Bottom