PS4 Bugs After the Last Update

Paulgar

Terrarian
Ever since the last update happened, my game's been pretty buggy. The worst of it is probably the cursor. Whenever I'm placing blocks or whatever, it snaps back 2 or 3 tiles on it's own. So I'll be placing blocks and it'll just randomly move on me.

Another issue is when I'm in any crafting menu, items will disappear from the selection then reappear. Then, the menus will start switching on their own. (It jumps between the crafting menu, to my main inventory, etc.)

The last issue I've noticed is sometimes I can't move to the right. Typically, it's only when I first start moving. My character will just stand there. Once I do get going it works fine, but initially, I have a hard time getting the controls to respond. It's only when moving to the right though. Moving left seems to work fine.

At first, I thought my controller was busted, but I've tried multiple controllers and it's definitely the game. I also wasn't having any problems before the update whatsoever.

I recommend you report these bugs to Pipeworks directly through their bug reporting form, if you havent already.
https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html

The cursor bug seems to be due to range extending gear, it seems the game forgets they are equipped for a millisecond. Others have run into it as well.

I have also experienced the crafting menu switching, and items disappearing then reappearing again. I haven't experienced your 'Move to the right' issue, and I haven't seen anyone else with that issue, but that could be due to you wearing a unique combination of items. I recommend you post a screenshot of your inventory and attach it to this thread.

I’m having the same crafting menu issue. Very irritating trying to mass craft an item, have it glitch, and starting to craft something different. Searched to see if I was the only one and only found this thread about it.

I’m having the same crafting menu issue. Very irritating trying to mass craft an item, have it glitch, and starting to craft something different. Searched to see if I was the only one and only found this thread about it.
Hi @frillydilly, welcome to the forums. When you experience this crafting glitch are you playing single-player or multiplayer?

There is a multiplayer crafting glitch whereby if you are trying to craft and your friend is mining or digging, your crafting menu glitches out according to what your friend is doing. Certainly annoying and hopefully will be fixed, but in the meantime a workaround is to have the other players wait until you’re done crafting to get back to whatever they were doing.

Hi @frillydilly, welcome to the forums. When you experience this crafting glitch are you playing single-player or multiplayer?

There is a multiplayer crafting glitch whereby if you are trying to craft and your friend is mining or digging, your crafting menu glitches out according to what your friend is doing. Certainly annoying and hopefully will be fixed, but in the meantime a workaround is to have the other players wait until you’re done crafting to get back to whatever they were doing.

Thanks for the welcome. Glad to be here. And it’s glitching out during single player mode. I’m hoping it’ll be patched soon. Also, I didn’t see it posted (may have overlooked it) but does anyone have an issue trying to move just slightly in the map? When I open the full screen map, I can use the thumb stick to move around but it’s near impossible to move the cursor just slightly. In multiplayer I’m able to use the D pad to move block by block but not in single player. On the map in multi, seems like D pad is inverted. Have to press up to go down. Am I the only one? Is there a thread that I missed?

Thanks for the welcome. Glad to be here. And it’s glitching out during single player mode. I’m hoping it’ll be patched soon. Also, I didn’t see it posted (may have overlooked it) but does anyone have an issue trying to move just slightly in the map? When I open the full screen map, I can use the thumb stick to move around but it’s near impossible to move the cursor just slightly. In multiplayer I’m able to use the D pad to move block by block but not in single player. On the map in multi, seems like D pad is inverted. Have to press up to go down. Am I the only one? Is there a thread that I missed?
Well, shoot. At least if it was in multiplayer the workaround could be tried, but if it’s happening in single-player I don’t know of any workaround at this time.

I don’t recall hearing about the issue when trying to slightly move in the map screen. If you have a moment, I’d recommend sending in your experience with that straight to the developers using their preferred bug report form here: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html

It can be helpful to include details such as what gear you’re wearing, any pets, any patterns you notice of when it does or doesn’t happen, if it happens on only legacy worlds or new ones, etc.

Well, shoot. At least if it was in multiplayer the workaround could be tried, but if it’s happening in single-player I don’t know of any workaround at this time.

I don’t recall hearing about the issue when trying to slightly move in the map screen. If you have a moment, I’d recommend sending in your experience with that straight to the developers using their preferred bug report form here: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html

It can be helpful to include details such as what gear you’re wearing, any pets, any patterns you notice of when it does or doesn’t happen, if it happens on only legacy worlds or new ones, etc.

I’ll go ahead and do that. I appreciate your help. Ya, it’s weird. I can only use the thumb stick in single player in order to move the cursor on the map in single player. And the sensitivity prevents me from getting to a certain block to check description.

Back
Top Bottom