Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Are the evil biomes supposed to be in one area instead of being all over the place? There is a pure forest between two Crimson biomes.
20200528190811_1.jpg

We can see there are uninfected corners at worldgen
Capture 2020-05-28 17_16_16.png

Last edited:
The crimson and corruption both can spawn on either side of the world can they not? I don't often play crimson but i'm pretty sure they do.

Oh yeah no, I meant crimsons and corruptions can spawn on either side of the world but only one can spawn in a world. Crimson in crimson world and corruption in corruption worlds. And world gen's weird, spaces between crimson and corruption biomes happen and are quite annoying since you know it's doomed to be taken by the spread of the biomes :(

No, they don't appear both in one world except the 05162020 world seed.
That isn't the question. The question is are world evils meant to be more spread out?

They say Crimson/Corruption being on "either side" what they mean is in a Crim world, crimson should spawn on both left and right. Same for a corruption world but with Corruption. They didn't mean Crimson on one side and Corruption on the other.

I think usually they are supposed to be spread out, unless somehow this is all connected and that one patch survived.

It is worth noting that sometimes there are semi-pure patches in the crimson surrounded by crimson blocks that you know will be getting turned soon, it just isn't from the very start. (Don't play much corruption.)

The Crimson/Corruption generate randomly, within some restrictions. It's possible to get them far apart on opposite sides of the world. It's also possible they can generate on top of each other. Something that has been observed though - they don't generate near the Dungeon anymore so they're more likely to be close together on the other side of the world.

Back
Top Bottom