tModLoader Build Mate - In-Game Mapping Tools (is multiplayer)

Duze

Terrarian
Build Mate
version 2.2.1.6

This is an old tConfig mod of mine that was ported over to tML.

Preview

It is on the Mod Browser. Tell me what you think. Maybe a feature you want in an in-game world builder tool.

Last edited:
This looks really good!! Though I suggest making its own UI, it would make switching between things waaaaaaay easier.

I have no idea how to do the fill in because he doesn't tell how to switch from the corner top left lol

Since last year, there has been a minor options update to prevent immediate overwriting of all inventory items.

The latest version (v1.0.3) is on the Mod Browser.

It is about time to get around to making this more functional. Since then I have made some UI components which are going to be used. Also a tile/wall and combo copy function is being added. Possibly more. Will update soon.

Edit:
This is the save and load schematic function.

Last edited:
Hoi. I really like the idea of this, but a couple things that conflict for me:

I have a dvorak keyboard layout, so use ".oeu" for movement. (physically, those are the "esdf" keys.)
Since the mod uses "o" for opening the menu, that ends up toggling... a lot. :)
It'd be nice if you used the tModLoader HotKey support to allow players to customize the keybind.

It would also be nice to be able to relocate the menu, though obviously not essential. :)

If it helps, there is a good example of using a HotKey starting here; if not needed, cool. :)

Hoi. I really like the idea of this, but a couple things that conflict for me:

I have a dvorak keyboard layout, so use ".oeu" for movement. (physically, those are the "esdf" keys.)
Since the mod uses "o" for opening the menu, that ends up toggling... a lot. :)
It'd be nice if you used the tModLoader HotKey support to allow players to customize the keybind.

It would also be nice to be able to relocate the menu, though obviously not essential. :)

If it helps, there is a good example of using a HotKey starting here; if not needed, cool. :)

The menu is moveable, noted by a cooldown counter when clicking and holding Left Mouse.

moveable menu.png

Also thanks for pointing this out: now there are two hotkeys for use with opening/closing the menu and activating world edits.

The new version is out on the Mod Browser.

Cool.

There is another update bringing the new options into multiplayer and making it easier to spawn the world tool.

Mod update bringing it to Terraria 1.4 and it has some extra fixes as well. It can be found on the mod browser by either search "Build Mate" or my forum name as the mod author.

Preview video is here as usual.

Back
Top Bottom