tModLoader Builder's Toolbox

Flashkirby99

Skeletron
Builder's Toolbox
v1.1.1, for tModLoader v0.10.1.3​

1Umg9yi.png

Tools to help plan builds. Want to design a house, but haven't the materials yet? Build a basic frame using scaffolding and replace it later.

Contents
  • Scaffolding - Places faster than normal tiles, and can be directly replaced later. Crafted at a workbench.
  • Fire Moss Seeds - Crafted with Blinkroot Seeds near Lava.
  • Sledgehammer - Tears down scaffolding by swinging. Sold by the Demolitionist.
  • Watering Can - Causes plants to grow, from grass to herbs to saplings. Sold by the Dryad.
  • Giant Acorn - Need a living tree? Plant one of these and water it. Crafted using alchemy.
  • Block/Wall Canvas - Scaffolding tools that increase placement range and mining for scaffolding blocks. Sold by the Goblin Tinkerer.
  • Brass Trowel - Automatically slopes or un-slopes tiles in a 5x5 square. Sold by the Steampunker.
  • Brass Stepper - Automatically steps or un-steps tiles in a 5x5 square. Sold by the Steampunker.
  • Wonderhammer - Tool for destroying walls very quickly, if not very efficiently. Crafted from Hallowed Bars in Hardmode.
  • Topiary Terraformer - Used for cycling tree types in Forest, Snow and Jungle biomes. Singleplayer Only. Sold by the Dryad after defeating Plantera.
  • The Architect - Like the grand design, but for scaffolding. Face left or right for alternate placement styles. Crafted from a Laser Drill and other components.
  • Furious Worldforge - Acts like an extractinator, but instead sends tiles to replace nearby scaffolding of matching paint colours. Crafted with Luminite Bars.

Credits
@Flashkirby99 - I am making this mod.
San (@O Bárbaro Desenhista) - Canvas, Watering Can, The Architect item sprites. Mod icon toolbox.
@Fury - Giving the mod his blessings.
Discord Regulars - General help, discussion and support. Thanks guys!

kdcROYP.png

Example Videos
jDv5OM5.gif
87U4W7C.gif
FeDQsmh.gif

This can will:
Grow grass on dirt and mud.
Grow random moss on stone.
Grow flower walls on dirt walls.
Matures herbs.
Sprouts flowers.
Grows saplings and giant acorns.
loFofK6.gif

If it seems inert, make sure it is in a wide, open area with nothing between it and the sky (like a floating island). Obstructions within 25 tiles will prevent the tree from meeting the conditions for growing.
FnDCawQ.gif
jujYQsf.gif
Opr9hEW.gif

The Architect has 6 tools, clockwise from the top left. Most tools have an alternate function if you turn and face the other direction. The centre option simply lets you change between placing scaffolding or mining blocks.

Square
: Draws a right-angled line much like The Grand Design, horizontal first. Alternate: Draw vertically first.
Ellipse: So I heard you like building circular structures.
Walls: Places walls, in bulk.
Stairs: Attempts to make stairs out of platforms. Alternate: Uses square mode and places half-slopes in bulk.
Platforms: Normal platform placement.
Ruler: Draws a line straight from one point to another.

Additionally, with auto-paint enabled, it can be used to paint tiles for some reason but it's a feature now. Also, you can use it to replace the tiles under a chest with scaffolding blocks but you cannot replace them without the worldforge.
9BZhLqs.gif

kdcROYP.png

More building mods you should check out

Luiafk - Drill mount on steroids, prefab buildings, powerful painting tools, etc.
tModLoader - Luiafk - Unlimited/Combinable Potions, Autobuilding stuff and more

Vipix' Toolbox - Streamline and fine control for building, lots of interesting tools.
Vipix' Toolbox

Bulldozer Reborn - Completely flatten areas through superior industrial machinery.
tModLoader - Bulldozer

Utility Bombs - Bombs that explode into useful things, like water.
tModLoader - Utility Bombs

kdcROYP.png

Download
via GitHub
or
via Mod Browser
BuildPlanner.png

Last edited:
F*** YEAH ! exactly what i wanted, i already said to Jopojelly when the paint feature came out on Cheat Sheet it would be need having something like a Blueprint /Pacement Preview feature where u can plan and build later over it and hell Kirby u nailed it again x3

@DontEatSocks
@360Chadscope
Can't have a mod icon with the first release because you can't link a mod to github (and thus use a mod icon) until it's on the mod browser (someone prove me wrong on this).

Also, very minor update so mod icon should be on the browser now. Also in this update:
  • x7uR1ck.png
    Added Fire Moss Seeds (Blinkroot Seeds next to lava, makes 5)
  • pS0ds15.png
    Brass Stepper, basically the trowel but for half-tile steps rather than slopes.
  • Minor tweak to Watering Can projectile behaviour.

@DontEatSocks
@360Chadscope
Can't have a mod icon with the first release because you can't link a mod to github (and thus use a mod icon) until it's on the mod browser (someone prove me wrong on this).
For as far as I can see, there indeed is no way to link to Github on the first release, so it looks like you're correct.
@DontEatSocks
Also, very minor update so mod icon should be on the browser now. Also in this update:
  • x7uR1ck.png
    Added Fire Moss Seeds (Blinkroot Seeds next to lava, makes 5)
  • pS0ds15.png
    Brass Stepper, basically the trowel but for half-tile steps rather than slopes.
  • Minor tweak to Watering Can projectile behaviour.
This is the ultimate building quality of life mod.

Trying to enable the mod in the current version of tModloader on Linux results in an error (see attached file).

As the past couple posts suggest it seems updating the mod is necessary for it to work with the current version. Oddly it seems to be the only mod I'm using that requires an update to be enabled.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2018-03-02 01-19-06.png
    Screenshot from 2018-03-02 01-19-06.png
    465.8 KB · Views: 597
Back
Top Bottom