Map-Store Builder's Workshop (All Items)

I've a question for the OP. I was wondering if it was okay to use the combat related content of this maps (Arms, tools, armor, accessories) for part of my map (an expert mode map that I would like to make available for download after completion)

I've a question for the OP. I was wondering if it was okay to use the combat related content of this maps (Arms, tools, armor, accessories) for part of my map (an expert mode map that I would like to make available for download after completion)
Heh, this is just a resource. :) It is ok to use whatever you want from this for whatever you like - though I'd prefer credit if someone copies the building wholesale!

As someone who's messed around with older versions, it's awesome to see you're still doing this (along with the Home Sweet Home series), because Builder's Workshop is fantastic.

...sadly, I can't use it because the game overloads if I go down any. Damn piece of junk computer. XD

Reactions: Tel
I'd considered building a version that was in separate areas with teleporters, but I think while it might help with loading on slower computers, overall it would just make it harder to use. I do think the next version will have the spawn somewhere outside the warehouse itself, which might help some people since you don't have to load every bit of the items as the world loads.

I'd considered building a version that was in separate areas with teleporters, but I think while it might help with loading on slower computers, overall it would just make it harder to use. I do think the next version will have the spawn somewhere outside the warehouse itself, which might help some people since you don't have to load every bit of the items as the world loads.
It would help. Maybe have one set of teleporters to enter from the spawn point--inside a smaller building safe from monsters, of course

can you put meowmere in i can't find it in the melee swords section
Try to search more carefully?
MxfZSoy.png

Put the wld file in the World folder, located in Documents->My Games->Terraria
Then open the game, move your mouse over "Single Player", click it, click your character, then click the world you're going to load 2 times. Wait until the loading progress is finished. There.
How do you actually load the map?

Put the wld file in the World folder, located in Documents->My Games->Terraria
Then open the game, move your mouse over "Single Player", click it, click your character, then click the world you're going to load 2 times. Wait until the loading progress is finished. There.
Two times?? It's always been once, at least for me

I'd like to make a suggestion.

I LOVE this map, though there's something somewhat minor (for me) that might not be so minor for others who are not as fortunate.

This map creates a lot of lag when you first enter the world. A LOT of lag.

Could you perhaps set up a teleporter hub, where you put all the armor in one corner of the map, all of the biome buildings in another corner, weapons in another corner, vanity in another corner, or something like that, and link them all to a central teleport hub with signs next to the teleporters saying where they go?

If you split the areas up, there'd be a lot less lag. That way, people with less powerful computers aren't getting single digit frames per second and it doesn't take 5 minutes to load the map up.

I'd like to make a suggestion.

I LOVE this map, though there's something somewhat minor (for me) that might not be so minor for others who are not as fortunate.

This map creates a lot of lag when you first enter the world. A LOT of lag.

Could you perhaps set up a teleporter hub, where you put all the armor in one corner of the map, all of the biome buildings in another corner, weapons in another corner, vanity in another corner, or something like that, and link them all to a central teleport hub with signs next to the teleporters saying where they go?

If you split the areas up, there'd be a lot less lag. That way, people with less powerful computers aren't getting single digit frames per second and it doesn't take 5 minutes to load the map up.

I may do this eventually, however I was going to try a minor change in the next version (probably to be released with the wiring update). I'm going to see if putting the spawn to one side and allowing people to walk in (or teleport if they've got a good pc) helps with the load since they'd be loading a bit at a time instead of everything at once. Even my computer lags on first load! If that isn't sufficient then I will probably look at a gear/blocks/items/misc setup where it is broken into fewer pieces.

I may do this eventually, however I was going to try a minor change in the next version (probably to be released with the wiring update). I'm going to see if putting the spawn to one side and allowing people to walk in (or teleport if they've got a good pc) helps with the load since they'd be loading a bit at a time instead of everything at once. Even my computer lags on first load! If that isn't sufficient then I will probably look at a gear/blocks/items/misc setup where it is broken into fewer pieces.

Ahh, okay. That might work, at least putting the spawn somewhere else would be easy to test. I suppose some FPS drops as you're approaching the base would be preferable to staring at "Settling Liquids: 50%" for 5+ seconds.

Ahh, okay. That might work, at least putting the spawn somewhere else would be easy to test. I suppose some FPS drops as you're approaching the base would be preferable to staring at "Settling Liquids: 50%" for 5+ seconds.

I'm hoping that fixes it since we're talking a five minute fix vs several hours! But yes, I know it is something that needs addressed. In the meantime shrinking the game window (reducing the amount on-screen at once) also seems to help a bit if you're like me and play full screen.

I'm hoping that fixes it since we're talking a five minute fix vs several hours! But yes, I know it is something that needs addressed. In the meantime shrinking the game window (reducing the amount on-screen at once) also seems to help a bit if you're like me and play full screen.

I would lower the resolution... but unfortunately, the TV I use as a monitor only supports 1360x768 and I can't go any lower than that, lol. But the lag isn't so bad that it stops me from using the map... I was more suggesting it for others who have weaker computers (I got a 6-Core 3.5Ghz with 16GB and a 660 GTX 4GB). I'd like if some of the lag was addressed but it isn't a huge deal for me.

Back
Top Bottom