Sprites Building on the Daybreak: More DoT Weapons

652Graystripe

Plantera
For those who aren't familiar, the Daybreak is an end-game infinite-use throwable that works on a simple principle: the more times you stick them with it, the more damage-over-time it'll inflict. The spears will be embedded in enemies and deal damage even as the weapon is being used on something else.
Because this is such a cool mechanic that only appears in two places (the Daybreak and the Bone Javelin, far earlier), I've expanded it slightly to include more of Hardmode and a little bit of pre-Hardmode.

All weapons behave like the Daybreak in terms of how they're used.
Rotkebab.png
Rot Kebab
-Inflicts stackable (up to 4x)
Poisoned.png
Poisoned (2-8 DPS)
-13 melee damage
-39 usetime (Very slow)
-1 knockback (Very weak)
-Dropped by Eater of Worlds (33%)

Barb_Harpoon.png
Venom Barb
-Inflicts stackable (up to 6x)
Venom.png
Venom (6-36 DPS)
-45 melee damage
-26 usetime (Average)
-3.5 knockback (Weak)
-Crafted with
Spider_Fang.png
x12 @
Mythril_Anvil.png

Pincushioner.png
Pincushioner
-Inflicts stackable (up to 25x)
Bleeding.png
improved Bleeding (3-75 DPS)
-56 melee damage
-31 usetime (Slow)
-Dropped by Nailhead (10%)

Martian_Sampler.png
Martian Sample Collector
-Inflicts stackable (up to 8x)
Electrified.png
modified Electrified* (9-72 DPS)
-116 melee damage
-23 usetime (Fast)
-6.5 knockback (Strong)
-Dropped by Martian Saucer

Starts at 4 DPS, increased by the number of times it's stacked. Not affected by movement. Modified for use on enemies. No zombies were harmed in the testing of this experimental debuff.

Formula:

DPS = (stack number) + (16 * stack number/2)

Last edited:
Check this out. I updated the thread (already, yes). Any thoughts on this one? My theory is that it would provide a counterpart to the Bone Javelin that's weaker, but not consumable.

144533-8ec94b45c2e5ac3fe6f146c56a88a911.jpg

Rot Kebab
-Inflicts stackable (up to 4x)
Poisoned.png
Poisoned (2-8 DPS)
-13 melee damage
-34 usetime (Slow)
-1 knockback (Very weak)
-Lacks autofire
-Dropped by Eater of Worlds (33%)

The Venom Barb is the only sprite I really like, the others are ok except the Rot kebab, which looks like an awful mess/ doesn't look like anything. Also thing the martian one should be more cattle prod looking and named, sample collector makes it sound like a extend-o arm toy for reaching things.

The Venom Barb is the only sprite I really like, the others are ok except the Rot kebab, which looks like an awful mess/ doesn't look like anything. Also thing the martian one should be more cattle prod looking and named, sample collector makes it sound like a extend-o arm toy for reaching things.
Eh, I don't really care much about the sprites; I may remake them when I get better. What's important is the actual content of the suggestion, rather than how it looks. Sprites just work to provide eye candy so people are more likely to enjoy the experience.

The Rot Kebab, by the way, is intended to be a stick with a Rotten Chunk on the end. Y'know, as if it were a shish kebab.

As for the sample collector, I guess I made the joke too stealthy... or I just have a twisted sense of humor. It's a sample collector in the same way that a tranq gun would be.

Currently debating on whether the sample collector should be dropped by the saucer at all. That thing is a seeping abyss of RNG in the first place. Any other ideas as to where it should come from? My default is a small chance from any Martian Madness monster.

What about a "Blood Attachment" Dropped by a new hardmode, blood moon enemie?

Blood Attachment
40 melee damage
"Made from true blood"
gives Painful Bleeding debuff which makes enemies lose heath
Can be used on NPCs

Back
Top Bottom