Builds by Khaios

In what style do you view the Terraria Community Forums?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
WHOA! whoa! whoa. i'm going to have to ask you to tone down your uber talent a few notches. it's causing an epidemic of sparkle dreamy eyes, smiles and laughter followed by individuals spontaneously exploding into a cloud of glitter and confetti. good work though, looks great.
Literally lol'ed on that one! Haha, I'm glad you like my builds!

nice work I would use any of this proudly in a server map I run.
Thanks! If you wanted to copy/paste any of my builds into your smp world, you're free to do so. If what you want isn't in the download tab, just let me know, and I'll get it up when I can.

Your Gates of hell build kicks arse!

It reminds me so much of God of war and that freekish mech minotaur boss. A+ on that one from me.

Your Gates of hell build kicks arse!

It reminds me so much of God of war and that freekish mech minotaur boss. A+ on that one from me.
Thanks! I was thinking of a Balrog from the Lord of the Rings, when I was making the demon head over the gates, but God of War totally fits too! I'm glad you like the build!

I wouldn't copy your builds unless I wanted to rebuild them by hand for fun :D but I would use them happily in any of my server maps on the basis of their quality and craftsmanship!

Amazing builds! I can understand why you used the gameiki mod but HOW THE HECK DO YOU GET IT ON WINDOWS 8!!!!! Also is the barge of the dead a reference to something?

I'm finally back! Had some life issues to deal with, because they always seem to like to come in waves. I know I've been gone a few months, but the plan is to pick up the sky castle, and finish it up quickly ^.^ Thanks for all of your guys' (and gals) patience with me! Now, lets crank out some builds!

What blocks are being used to build this and how many

That really depends on exactly which build you're asking about. I didn't keep track of exactly how many blocks I used an any single build, but if you let me know which build you're thinking about, I can certainly tell you which blocks and paints I used ^.^

Amazing work as usual and I've been asked to rebuild your Barge of the dead for a friend so looks like I have a fun mini project on my hands :D
Thanks! It's been a while, so if your rebuild is done, I'd love to see it!

This is absolutely amazing. Nice work!
Thanks a lot! Glad you enjoyed the builds!

Last edited:
Glad to be back and building! I reworked the clouds on the castle build. Tried a few things out, even an Asian inspired cloud theme, but I decided to scratch that. I knew that I wanted to put trees in the build, but I wasn't exactly certain it'd work. While I was working on the Asian clouds, however, I felt inspired to try a cherry blossom tree, and see how it looked on the clouds. I have since decided that is the tree I'll be going with for this build! Here's the first (and largest) one!

2015-04-06_00001.jpg

Last edited:
broken image D:

Thanks for the heads up. The image was appearing properly on my computer, but I double checked on my wife's and it was broken (strange--I'm going to blame Dropbox for that one). Went with a direct upload this time, and made sure it was showing my my wife's PC. Should be good now! Thanks again!

(same for your sig, btw.)

that tree is beautiful.

Thanks, and thanks again! My signature should be working again. I prefer to use dropbox, but apparently it's being a tool right now, and is only showing my uploaded images to me. I'll figure that out later. For now, I guess I'll be using imgur. Thanks again for pointing it out ^.^

---------------------------------------

The first tree I made was a foreground object--in other words, an obstacle. I want to add other trees, but they will be in areas that the player (you?) will be walking, so I made an attempt with another cherry blossom tree, but this time entirely actuated. Yes, I know it's not as breezy as the other one...it...just didn't catch the same front of wind, okay? I swear I didn't forget I was making it windy >.>

Cherry Blossom Actuated.jpg

EDIT: Not 100% sure I liked the fully actuated tree. I tried only actuating the wood, which you can see in the thumbnail below. Let me know which you like more!
Cherry Blossom 2.jpg

Last edited:
Quick update: I've been working on the throne room for the Castle in the Clouds build, and while I was on my way there, I passed my tribal bird design (my wife says it doesn't look like a bird, but w/e, it's a bird) and decided to try and get it to be a design inside the throne room's window. Made a few tweaks to the design, since it's walls, not blocks. Here's what I've got so far.

Throne Room WiP 1.jpg

Also, my second cherry blossom felt a little off, so I made it a little thicker, and I built a third, both of which you can see by clicking on the thumbnails below (I decided to go with actuated wood, non-actuated leaves). I've been working on other parts of the build, but I'll save those screenshots for later.

Cherry Blossom 2v2.jpg Cherry Blossom 3.jpg

Throne Room.jpg

That's the Throne Room done. Possibly. Always room for improvement, I suppose. That said, if you have any suggestions, let me know ^.^
That's all for now. More updates tomorrow :D

Screenshot will have to wait til tomorrow. Today, I discovered that none of my rooms were being considered "valid housing," and after a little investigation, I learned that when using iron fence (my window of choice for this build) a room is not considered valid, however when using leadl fence (my window of choice in my castle build) it is valid, so I spent my terraria time today knocking out iron fences, and placing lead ones. Wooo, love wasted time for silly bugs.

Last edited:
*puking rainbows*

Haha >.< Thanks! Glad you enjoy it (I hope that's why you're puking rainbows--if not, you may need to get that looked at).

-----------------------------

Castle in the Clouds update time!
(Click on the thumbnails below ↓ )

East Wing 1.jpg East Wing 2.jpg

I know the rooms are still unfurnished, but I'm just focusing on walls/windows/etc for the time being. I'll worry about furniture later. You're looking at the eastern side of the castle, with the darker lead fences. I'd still prefer the iron ones, but I also want this build to be playable, so if NPC's can't use the housing, it's fairly pointless. I may or may not tweak the upper most dome room later. I'm really happy with the circular window, but I'm not completely sold on how the room is currently looking. Or maybe I am. I'll sleep on it. See you all with updates in a couple of days!

this looks awesome, great colours

Thanks! Glad you're liking it so far. ^.^

--------------------------

Happy Monday Terrarians! ...I can't believe I just typed that. Moving on.

Didn't have a whole lot of time to dink around on the build this weekend, but I did get something done. I already knew that I wanted to build a room with a teleporter in it at ground level, so that one could easily teleport up to my cloud build, and I decided to work on that today. I also knew that I wanted to give a nod to the Legend of Zelda (one of my favorite game franchises ever), and so I figured I'd put that in this room. At first, my thought was to put a small triforce in a window design similar to what I did on my last few updates. Lets just say I got a little bit carried away...

Teleporter Room.jpg

Remind me to knock out some of the branches in places :p I meant to do that before I screenshot this.

Attachments

• Teleporter Room.jpg
    Teleporter Room.jpg
    629.1 KB · Views: 620
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom