Builds by Khaios

In what style do you view the Terraria Community Forums?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're approaching from the air, it may be slightly annoying to have to go around, but it is still completely traverse-able ^.^

Almost done with walls/windows! Here's some more NPC housing (unfurnished at the moment) and a couple of "outside" displays:

NPC Housing.jpg

I got a personal message asking why I have wooden beams outside some of my doors, so I figure I'll address that now, just in case anyone else was curious. It's something I do on all of my playable worlds. I put wooden beams on the interior of any door leading outdoors, so that during a blood moon any zombie that spawns outside that door can't bust it open. Of course that means all doors leading outside can only open one way, so to avoid having to turn backwards to open a door every time I want to enter the base, I have them all lined with pressure plates. You can accomplish the same thing with actuated blocks or furniture instead of wooden beams, I just like the way they look. I put an example of what I'm talking about in the thumbnail ↓ below. If you're going to try it, make sure you do NOT use green, red, or yellow pressure plates, as enemy mobs can trigger them, which would be counter productive. ^.^ Hope that was helpful to some of you!

Beams and Pressure Plates.png

i tend to use plattforms for that same purpose :p
anyway, great as always

^.^ Thanks again

-----------------------------

Okay, this is the last update before posting the final work to the OP. The walls and windows are done. All that's left is "planting" a few more trees, cleaning up the clouds a little, and furnishing all the rooms.

WiP Map 2.jpg

Here's the first screenshot I'm posted of the map in quite a while. As I said, the clouds will be cleaned up a little, so if you have any suggestions, throw them at me. Don't mind the Wooden X's around the map. I was just marking locations that I want to build a few more trees.

One last thing: my wife requested a water feature, so I made a couple of waterfalls and lakes in a "cavern" and added some rope bridges. I'm very happy with how the rope bridges turned out, but I'm not completely sold on the way the waterfalls are currently looking, so suggestions would be greatly appreciated! You can find screenshots of the water feature, and a few more unfurnished NPC houses in the thumbnails ↓ below. ^.^

Cloud Water Feature.jpg WiP Bridged Towers.jpg WiP Tower.jpg WiP Storage.jpg

The request from @Apoyander is finally done! See what happens when I'm actually able to play?
Screenshots and the download link for the "Castle in the Clouds" build can now be found on the original post!

For those of you that have been following along, since the last update, I've furnished the rooms (went with a more generic furnishing, because I want the primary focus to be the building and trees). I added seven more cherry blossoms (that's a total of 22!), completely redid the waterfall, and tidied up the clouds. Hope you all enjoy it!

I also changed my character's look. I'm going for a scientist look, but I'm not to great with picking out vanity items, so it's so-so.

I'm going to be out of town for a few days, so I won't be starting a new build. I have something in mind, but I'm also curious what you all would like to see. If you leave requests while I'm gone, I'll take a look at what you guys want, and build the one(s) that pop out the most to me. Have a great weekend ^.^

I had time to squeeze in a quick build for a request made by @Unit One for a building on the beach with a dock that he can fish from. The OP of this thread has been updated to include "The Sleepy Pelican Fishing Shack," which contains night screenshots as well.

Sleepy Pelican Day.jpg

Last edited:
I had time to squeeze in a quick build for a request made by @Unit One for a building on the beach with a dock that he can fish from. The OP of this thread has been updated to include "The Sleepy Pelican Fishing Shack," which contains night screenshots as well.

View attachment 45389
It's just so perfect. Thank you!

As usual you have put a unique twist on it and made it completely fantastic. All the details are superb. Love the hammock upstairs as well as the one in the trees. :)

It's just so perfect. Thank you!

As usual you have put a unique twist on it and made it completely fantastic. All the details are superb. Love the hammock upstairs as well as the one in the trees. :)

Thanks! I'm really glad you like it!

dude, this is awesome.
you should consider building for an adventure map or something!
it would be wonderfull to adventure through your stuff

dude, this is awesome.
you should consider building for an adventure map or something!
it would be wonderfull to adventure through your stuff

Thank you once again! I hadn't considered that before, and now that you mention it, it sounds like a very interesting idea. I'll brain storm a bit, and see if I can come up with an interesting theme for an adventure map. It's not something I've ever done before, so if you have any ideas or suggestions, I'd be happy to hear...erm...read them. Great idea!

Soooo, you're taking request? Can I request a hellish castle in hell?

Yes, I'll take requests. All these castle builds, tho! Haha, sure, I can build you one in hell. Just a couple of questions for you:
1) how large do you want it to be?
2) do you plan on playing it, or is it just for show (Do I need to make sure you can walk through it, that it has valid housing, a hellevator from the surface, etc)?
If you have no preference either way, I'll just see where it goes ^.^

2) do you plan on playing it, or is it just for show (Do I need to make sure you can walk through it, that it has valid housing, a hellevator from the surface, etc)?
1)I don't know, like your other *great* builds?
2) Yes, you can walk through it and it's valid housing. I can dig the hellevator myself, but you can do it if you want. (Finding the way to hell without breaking blocks is a pain.)

Thank you once again! I hadn't considered that before, and now that you mention it, it sounds like a very interesting idea. I'll brain storm a bit, and see if I can come up with an interesting theme for an adventure map. It's not something I've ever done before, so if you have any ideas or suggestions, I'd be happy to hear...erm...read them. Great idea!

Yes, I'll take requests. All these castle builds, tho! Haha, sure, I can build you one in hell. Just a couple of questions for you:

well, if you're interested, i could add you on steam?
i have some basic ideas for some innovative stuff, and know how to pull it off, but i need a consistently skilled builder, unlike myself... xD

well, if you're interested, i could add you on steam?
i have some basic ideas for some innovative stuff, and know how to pull it off, but i need a consistently skilled builder, unlike myself... xD

Sure thing. I'll be flying home tonight so I'm stuck with only my phone til then. Send me a PM, and I'll add you tomorrow.

1)I don't know, like your other *great* builds?
2) Yes, you can walk through it and it's valid housing. I can dig the hellevator myself, but you can do it if you want. (Finding the way to hell without breaking blocks is a pain.)

Sounds good. I'll get started on the build tomorrow, and I'll make sure to add a download for it when it's done. ^.^

Adventure map suggestion... how about a labyrinth (like the movie David Bowie-goblin king) that can work as solo and/or for Capture the Gem/PvP? Eg. Red team-starts on crimson biome labyrinth to look for ruby gem. Center is snow biome(?) for diamond. Different labyrinth per gem. Four different doors for each banner, biomes bridge so their team can either get the gem from the chest or from killing another player. If PvP/CtG, teams have to exit/enter in the same banner entrance...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom